Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Partners > EmanRush Audio

Old 12-08-2006, 12:23 AM   #1
Umm Muhammad

Question Free lectures for distribution

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

InshaAllaah, we'll be having a charity bazaar along with a talk on Hajj on Sunday, ... and, I really want to distribute Cds for free at the bazaar...and was hoping that i could copy some of Muhammad Al Shareef and Yasir Qadhi's lectures. I know that the ones available for sale at Eman Rush are all copyright.. but what abt those that arent? Such as "Have you ever tased jannah"
, "when will we understand?", "Does Allaah love us?" etc... These lectures are available for download in a number of sites, …so i was wondering if i could copy them and distribute.
And if not, then is there anything at all that i can copy other than the sleeping habits of the Prophet (SAW)?
Also, please do let me know if there are any particular sites where i can download free lectures by speakers such as Yasir Qadhi., or other awesome speakers.

Id really appreciate the help! Jazakum Allaahu khairan wa baraK Allaahu feekum
Old 12-08-2006, 08:49 PM   #2
Muhammad Alshareef
Founder/Director of AlMaghrib Institute, EmanRush Audio & Khutbah.com

Re: Free lectures for distribution

Contact info AT emanrush and in sha Allah if there is somethign available they will be able to assist you.

If you find a lecture online of mine that is not produced by EmanRush, then you can probably download and distribute it.

the ones that you mentioned:
Quote:
Such as "Have you ever tased jannah"
, "when will we understand?", "Does Allaah love us?" etc... These lectures are available for download in a number of sites, …so i was wondering if i could copy them and distribute.
from my side, we don't have intention of producing them with EmanRush, so go for it.

For your information, some of those lectures I don't wish to produce with EmanRush cause they are not my 'best' lectures. Sometimes, I just give a normal halaqah at a masjid and then someone without my knowledge posts it up on the internet.

I don't mind, but i don't advertise those lectures because I think less lectures, but with quality, are better then a LOT of lectures with diminishing quality.

Personally, sometimes when I hear a lecture I think 'why did they record and produce this?' I think lectures, if they are going to be produced and distributed, they ahve to be done with ihsaan.

wAllahu 'alam.

Anyways may Allah bless your event with success and tawfeeq.
Muhammad Alshareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:18 AM   #3
Umm Muhammad

Ameen.

Jazak Allaahu khairan for the response and advice. InshaAllaah, ill be distributing the one page Hajj guide at the event- Really useful mashaAllaah!

Barak Allahu feek
Old 12-09-2006, 08:32 AM   #4
umhiba04
Qabeelat Ansar

Asslamu Alaikom,

On the topic of Hajj. I am new to this Forum, though I wish I was there before. How do I educate myself about the history of the places I will be visiting in Makkah and Madinah. I don't have the time to read all the seerah , which I tried but it was not feasible and got me panicked because of time restriction.

Any site you know of , will be great.

Jazakom Allahu Khayran

UmYusuf
To love for Allah's sake is not only to say " I love you for Allah's sake", but rather to wash away every atom of jelousy, hatered, selfishness and self centerdness... to completely want for your brother or sister what you would for yourself... May Allah bless us with the love for his sake.
umhiba04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:30 PM   #5
Haritha
Qabeelat Majd

Fiqh Of Love

I recently purchased the fiqh of love set and was wondering if it would be possible to get the class notes (perhaps as a PDF file). I would appreciate if you could let me know insha allah.
Haritha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:00 PM   #6
EmanRush Audio
Houston, TX

Inshallah we are working on a study guide to go along with the Fiqh of Love set.

EmanRush Audio | www.emanrush.com

EmanRush Audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:24 AM   #7
Megan Wyatt
Qabeelat Haqq

OK, I just found this post...but I wanted to add a comment Sheikh Muhammad....you of course have your own opinions about your lectures, BUT!!! Of all the lectures I have heard from you so far in my life, "Regret" is one of my top favorites for Islamic lectures period. Along with" Have you Tasted Jannah" "Patience", etc....Since 2001 I have copied and distributed those khutbahs...alhamdulellah...and at the time, they were produced by Dar Al Arqam, who agreed to let us copy and distribute for the sake of Da'wah only..and we did...we passe dto our MSA, masjid, friends, family, etc.....and I can only imagine that amount of people they have reached since..

I dont think its because they are free necessarily that they are downloaded, but rather that they are good. And perhaps Allah knows best which lectures are really your "best!"

With Ikhlas, sometimes, things we think aren't our best, reaches people's hearts even more. Although I completley understand the concept of Ihsan when doing any thing, I still have to say...those lectures aren't short on quality either in sound, or information!

But on that note, perhaps in the future, you can realease some newer khutbahs from yourself and the other AlMaghrib instructors for AlMaghrib students to use in promoting a class. IN areas where the instructors aren't known, that certainly helps motivates others..

I think a "Teaser" cd would be awesome.....

Jazakum Allahu KHairan! I hope you don't mind the comments, or compliments....but truth be..those khtubahs are the reason after all these years, I rushed to join AlMaghrib.....I wonder for how many others that it true
Old 04-07-2007, 12:15 PM   #8
Fouzia Usman/Quest
Advisor - Qabeelat Haqq

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistermegan
but truth be..those khtubahs are the reason after all these years, I rushed to join AlMaghrib.....I wonder for how many others that it true
I dont know about others. But it is true for me. My AlMaghrib's journey started with one lecture.

Couple of years before when I was looking out for different options to increase islamic knowledge, few people did tell me about AlMaghrib. If I recall it, this is what they said, "Vho you dont know about AlMaghrib. They offer awesome classes. They offer on 2 weekends. Check their website to see if they offer any classes in your city". I did visit the page. I saw the classes being offered once in 3 months in various cities but didnt see in my city. First of all, I didnt have patience to wait for 2-3 months for a class. Then when I saw the lectures are not being offered in my city, I didnt even bother to dig further. That was the end of story back then.

Then after a year one of my friend sent me a cd of Sh.Muhammad's lecture "In the middle of the night - The sleeping habits of prophet Salla lahu alaihi wassallam" and he adviced me to visit the forums. The combination of these two made me to stick with AlMaghrib since then. Alhamdulilah!

SubhanaAllah! Things are so different now. It gives me immense pleasure to be a volunteer to work for "Banu Haqq".

Qabeelat Haqq!

Fouzia Usman/Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #9
*Nusaybah*
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Then after a year one of my friend sent me a cd of Sh.Muhammad's lecture "In the middle of the night - The sleeping habits of prophet Salla lahu alaihi wassallam" and he adviced me to visit the forums. The combination of these two made me to stick with AlMaghrib since then. Alhamdulilah!
mashaaAllah - the very same khutbah that brought me here! and one that made me googled for more of Shaykh Muhammad's lectures for halaqa. We then printed a whole file of khutbah.com lectures!

mashaaAllah, and then I got the cd of the khutbah when I bought 'Fiqh of Love' CD set. I gave it to a sister as a gift, with a du'a that, just as that khutbah bitawfeeqillah changed my life for better, I hope it will change hers as well, ameen.

aww, inshaAllah I pray that we will all be steadfast in our deen, and one day Allah will unite us all in the eternal home of Jannatul Firdaws. I would looooove to attend a seminar and meet all you wonderful sisters, but if I didnt get the chance to, there's still a BIGGER gathering to look forward to, inshaa Allah, ameen..! =)
Old 04-08-2007, 02:41 AM   #10
Megan Wyatt
Qabeelat Haqq

Oh masha'Allah....I DID fail to mention khutbah.com too But still, the lectures are at the top..I would love to hear from even more students on this topic, insha'Allah! See....I'm not the only one And that is a beautiful thing! Masha'Allah.

And Ameen to your du'a!!