Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Aspiring Qabaa'il > Banu Hayl

Old 01-21-2007, 09:25 AM   #1
Abu Hurayrah

Qabeelat Hayl 1/21/2007 meeting cancelled due to weather

Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem

Assalaamu`alaykum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakatuhu

Due to today's inclement weather, I have decided, after consulting with the Ameerah (Fatima), it is best that we delay the meeting originally planned for today until at least the same time next weekend. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause those that planned their schedule around this meeting. However, in light of the rapid rate of the snow fall as well as the uncertainty regarding the conditions of the roads close to the time of the meeting, I felt it was wiser that we hold of meeting for today rather than risk having a meeting that will have many people coming in late, or worse yet, having someone getting injured or in an accident due to the poor road conditions.

The meeting, therefore, has been tentatively rescheduled for the same time next week. However, please wait for another message confirming the time & location, as we have to make new reservations.

Work for Qabeelat Hayl will continue, however; please checkup on the Qabeelat Hayl forums (http://forums.almaghrib.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40) for all the latest information.

Additionally, we will likely be having some kind of a virtual meet-up, whether online or in a conference call, amongst all the committee Ameer/ahs sometime today or later this week, to ensure our agenda is fulfilled, in shaa Allaah.

If you have any concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to e-mail me (abu_hurayrah@hidayahonline.org)

Additionally, please forward this information on to anyone else that might not have received it and/or call those that may not get this e-mail before the meeting time.

Jazaakum Allaahu khayr!

Wassalaamu`alaykum
Old 01-21-2007, 09:32 AM   #2
Hala
Qabeelat Majd

Re: Qabeelat Hayl 1/21/2006 meeting cancelled due to weather

Wa 'Alaykumassalam,
In shaa Allah khayr...I was really looking forward to passing over the Love Notes promotional material to the Adv. committee, I went to great lengths to protect them from my 2 girls.
Understandably, there will be a few people unable to attend next week who called off work for the meeting today, so you should def. have some contact with them.
If any of the sisters would like to hold on to the promotional material until the weekend for me, I'd appreciate it, so please let me know. I'd be more than happy to pass them over.
Hala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:34 AM   #3
Abu Hurayrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hala.
Wa 'Alaykumassalam,
In shaa Allah khayr...I was really looking forward to passing over the Love Notes promotional material to the Adv. committee, I went to great lengths to protect them from my 2 girls.
Understandably, there will be a few people unable to attend next week who called off work today, so you should def. have some contact with them.
It was issues like this that made this such a tough decision, but when I thought about it terms of safety, then it became a really easy decision for me.

I was very proud when Fatima told me, however, how many of the sisters still wanted to have the meeting, despite the poor weather conditions. May Allaah reward all of them! Aameen.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:55 AM   #4
Rahma
Ameerah, Banu Hayl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hala.
Wa 'Alaykumassalam,
If any of the sisters would like to hold on to the promotional material until the weekend for me, I'd appreciate it, so please let me know. I'd be more than happy to pass them over.
You can pass them over to me...In sha'Allah I'll come by after work tommorow...if there is work. I'll put it with the rest of the stuff in our little Hayl storage.

Hayl, change is on the rise...bismillah

Rahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:38 PM   #5
Hala
Qabeelat Majd

JazaakiAllah khayr.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:34 PM   #6
Fatima
Banu Hayl

Re: Qabeelat Hayl 1/21/2007 meeting cancelled due to weather

You are right Sahra, My fault, eventhough you told me over the phone, I got carried away with making so many calls to make sure to inform everyone about the cancellation, that I forgot to call Umhamza to tell Fahzy if possible.

Okay just a reminder:
1- Hospitality committee:
1- work on the welcome packet
2- get more volunteers for the baby sitting (I will send the two volunteers that I have inshAllah by email for you),
3- Also, work on getting volunteers(let's give our aunties and moms work to get hasanat from inshAllah) for the potluck if you guys decided to do it on saturday as we discussed it over the phone.
2- Set up committee:
1- sisters (Naima) work on reserving Mcpherson ASAP (hospitality commitee needs the confirmation for their welcome packet)
2- brothers work (Mahin) on handeling the parking passes for the visitors
3- We need to get around 300 of OSU maps(the pamphlet ones)to go in the welcome packet as well.
3- Advertisment committee:
1- Assign people to masajids to do their advertisment there
make sure they have 1- laptops, 2-registration forms 3- Love notes cards with them. contact hala if you don't have any of these materials.
2- start sending out emails to all the groups we have in hand MSAs,SSAs,facebooks, etc,...and the rest of emails we got from our guest book.

By this Friday, Every committee should have something accomplished, let us (Abuhurayrah, Hala, and myself) know if you need assistance, otherwise don't come on Friday and say you have nothing yet, Ok

InshAllah we can resume this coming Sunday with our meeting. I appologize for the inconvenience as well.

Rahma JazakiAllahu khyran for taking care of the promotional materials, but it only make sense that either you and/or Mohammed Abdul hadi keep the materials since it is for advertisment purposes inshAllah.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:31 PM   #7
Hala
Qabeelat Majd

To add on to what Fatima said, I will be compiling ALL the updates from ALL the committees and compiling them into ONE thread. So, I NEED some updates by Friday, whether you've done anything or not in shaa Allah.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:52 AM   #8
Nasrullah
Ummat Muhammad

asalamu alaikum all,

Jazakum Allah Khair for your efforts. I would like to suggest that we emphasize the importance of the advertising committee. I'm still waiting to see flyers or any sign of Love Notes existing at Masjid Omar (of course other than between the regular brs.), nor Masjid Noor. We need to target the entire community especially the older generations... As for the Hospitality welcome packets, I can print whatever needs to be printed in color inshallah (i.e. campus maps, etc).

Nasser
Nasrullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:54 AM   #9
Hala
Qabeelat Majd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasrullah
asalamu alaikum all,

Jazakum Allah Khair for your efforts. I would like to suggest that we emphasize the importance of the advertising committee. I'm still waiting to see flyers or any sign of Love Notes existing at Masjid Omar (of course other than between the regular brs.), nor Masjid Noor. We need to target the entire community especially the older generations... As for the Hospitality welcome packets, I can print whatever needs to be printed in color inshallah (i.e. campus maps, etc).

Nasser
I received the promo material from HQ last week and planned to hand it over at the meeting but qadrAllah. I am handing them over to the Ameerah of the Adv. committee sr. Rahma today in shaa Allah.
Do we need permission before we post it at Masjid 'Umar, I am going there today in shaa Allah.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #10
Fatima
Banu Hayl

Rahma, please make sure you pass on the materials or half of it to the brothers, so they can take care of their side inshallah. Also, remember this part, We need to hlep the hospitality committee and find them volunteers regarding these issues " 2- get more volunteers for the baby sitting (I will send the two volunteers that I have inshAllah by email for you),
3- Also, work on getting volunteers(let's give our aunties and moms work to get hasanat from inshAllah) for the potluck if you guys decided to do it on saturday as we discussed it over the phone."

Those of us who has sisters, younger sisters who can't take the class, but mature enough to handle children. or those who already took the class and not planning to take it, those of us who has access to the aunties and moms who really wants to help and help in making a dish or two for that saturday, please give them names and contact numbers
jazakumAllahu khyran.

Bro. Nasser, please get on the issue of getting more brothers signed up for the class, bro. Mahin and Abuhurayrah are getting together regarding this subject, please contact them for further info on this subject