Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > The Purification Act: Fiqh ul-Ibaadah I-III - FQH 101 > Answered Questions

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #1
mkhanhere
Ummat Muhammad

Making/reciting duas during Salah

Assalamalaikum Ya Ikhwatal Islam...

One of the recommended ways of making dua is when a person is in Sujood (am I right?). My question is, when a person is performing Salah and goes into Sujood (be it Fard Salah or Sunnah or Nawafil), is it ok to recite duas, any duas that a person remembers after saying Subhana Rabbiyal A'la? Ofcourse reciting some of the duas the way Allah (SWT) has taught us through the Quran is probably the best way to ask of Allah but can a person also make dua in his own language?

Its a two part question. Question two depends on one:

1) Can a person make dua in Sujood (thereby extending the length/time of the Sujood as Rasoolullah (SAW) used to do?

2) Can one make dua in their own language during the Salah?

Jazakallah Khair in advance for answering.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:05 PM   #2
Abdulbary Yahya

Re: Making/reciting duas during Salah

Bismillah wassalatu wassalamu 'ala Rasulillah

Question 1...
A person can make du'a during sujood as long as they are able to, because the Prophet salAllahu alaihi wa sallam said in a hadith, in the meaning of which, "As for the sujood, increase your du'a in it because it is more likely it will be accepted." And the Prophet salAllahu alaihi wasallam also said, "The closest a person is to Allah is in his sujood, so increase your du'a in it." Actually, when a person says "Subhana Rabbiyal A'la," he is glorifying Allah as a preliminary to the du'a. The person should also increase his du'a if he is not the imam because it is better for him. The more you prolong your prayer, the better is it, whether it be in standing or in sujood. There are many occasions in which the Prophet salAllahu alaihi wasallam made du'a and there are many narrations that have come to us in the authentic hadith. Look in the books of du'a and prayers, like Hisn al-Muslim (the Fortification of Muslim) or Al-Adh'kaar by Imam An-Nawawi for more ahadith.

Question 2...
It is permissible to make du'a in your salah as long as you don't utter it if it's another language other than Arabic. So you can supplicate in your mind, and Allah subhana wa ta'ala is the All-Knower, whether you hide it inside or you utter it with you mouth. Indeed, Allah knoweth all.

WaAllahu ta'ala a'alam.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:19 AM   #3
mkhanhere
Ummat Muhammad

Re: Making/reciting duas during Salah

Jazkallah Khair Shaikh....I wasn't expecting you to reply but Alhamdulillah, it was a pleasant surprise that the Ustaadh himself answered. May Allah accept our sincere and legitimate dua's and grant all the mu'mineen Jannah. Inshallah.

Thanks again Shaikh!
Closed Thread