Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Majd

Old 04-27-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
Noor Syed
Qabeelat Ansar

Thumbs up Post your conference call questions here for Shaykh Muhammad

Read below

Quote:
Congratulations on completing “The Shepherd’s Path" class. In success in winning the Liwaa’, Qabeelat Majd: The Tribe of Glory, will have the honor of being the first to experience an “Instructor pre-exam conference call”! This new system is being tested. Here is the link for those who haven’t seen yet: http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthre...705#post196705

Check out the details:

Who: EXCLUSIVELY only for students who attended The Shepherd’s Path on March 9-11 & 16-18, 2007.

What? : An Instructor Pre-Exam Conference Call

When? : May 3rd from 6:30 PM-8:00 PM

Where? : Call in Conference call (An e-mail of coordinates and etiquettes of the conference call will be e-mailed to all students two days in advance)

Why? : A chance to give students to ask their questions and prepare for the exam

How? : Questions will be submitted in advance at seerah@almaghrib.org and can also be posted on the forums in the Majd folder

Questions will be collected until May 1st at 11:59 PM.

Stay tuned for details of the conference call. As of Now! You can start posting your questions.

Noor Syed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:12 PM   #2
freedbyislam
Qabeelat Hosna

Re: Post your conference call questions here for Shaykh Muhammad

SubhanAllah, I was looking for this thread for the past hour or so!
Jazak Allah khayr for posting the date/time of the call.

My questions: what if my study aids differ in some details from our class notes? Will it be necessary to state in my answer to any question "as discussed in ______________"?

I am mostly using audio-seerah cds to help me study. Specifically, I am working my way through the Anwar AlAwlaki cd sets. I am not checking to see whether some of the details from the narrations on which he and his sources rely may differ from the details of what we covered in class. I'd like to be that thorough, but I also want to be sure I review as much of the seerah as I possibly can.

I am also reading the Sealed Nectar, and here is an example of a "discrepancy" I think I caught. It was in the discussion of Ibrahim alayhis salam taking Hagar and Ismail alayhis salam to Makkah. In the book it says that Sarah was jealous and forced him to take the others away. But in class I remember distinctly the very poignant narration of Hagar asking Ibrahim alayhis salam about why she and her son were being left in the valley.

In this example, my memory of the class details is precise enough that I would not rely on the secondary materials in an answer. But that may not be the case for each and every detail that we covered in class. Also in other cases the details may not diverge so much...

Hence my questions.
freedbyislam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:25 PM   #3
Noor Syed
Qabeelat Ansar

woah.....I guess Majd is no need of this call.MashaÁllah, already prepared for the exam

Old 05-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #4
Sistamatic
Qabeelat Majd

I have in my notes that :

There was a Mushrik who heard about the battle(of Badr) and wanted to join the Prophet sallaAllahu alayhi wasallam. He didn’t want to accept Islam. Prophet sallaAllahu alayhi wasallam sent him back. "Go back for I won’t seek assistance of a mushrik against a mushrik."
Questions:

was this specifically for that situation or is the help and aide of polythiests not allowed in battles? Does this also apply to athiests? Is the aide of the Jews and Christians allowed? I know that there were treaties made with the Jews to support the Muslims of Madinah....
The Qur'an cannot be translated.... The book is here rendered almost literally and every effort has been made to choose befitting language. But the result is not the Glorious Qur'an, that inimitable symphony, the very sounds of which move men to tears and ecstasy. It is only an attempt to present the meaning of the Qur'an-and peradventure something of the charm in English. It can never take the place of the Qur'an in Arabic, nor is it meant to do so"

Pickthall, in his foreward of 1930
Sistamatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #5
Mustafa_D
Ummat Muhammad

i guess i'm a day to late......not even 24 hours.....i was studyign and i have a question.....inshallah i will get an answer....

it was mentioned in the seerah class that......suraqah ibn malik........chased after the prophet and abu bakr when migrating to madinah.............the horse kept tripping and because of this he accepted islam............................................. ......many pages letter of notes.........i come across a note of satan coming in the form of suraqah ibn malik in order to push the mushrikeen to attack the muslims.....

is it just me.....but isn't that contradicting.......???....i dont know.....anyone........ please help.....jazakumullah if ya do...

Mission: Acquire Jannatul Fardows
“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and be modest. That is purer for them. Lo! Allah is Aware of what they do. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest.” (An-Nur: 30-31)

Mustafa_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:05 PM   #6
Amirah
Staff

Tonight at from 6:30-8:00 PM. If you haven't recieved any info. E-mail exam@almaghrib.org
Old 05-03-2007, 04:06 PM   #7
Noor Syed
Qabeelat Ansar

You must've gotten an email with the conference call number and password?

Old 05-03-2007, 05:24 PM   #8
Ohhyeeahh
Qabeelat Majd

its long distance ....can someone please take notes

jazakhallah
Ohhyeeahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #9
Sistamatic
Qabeelat Majd

he answered that already
The Qur'an cannot be translated.... The book is here rendered almost literally and every effort has been made to choose befitting language. But the result is not the Glorious Qur'an, that inimitable symphony, the very sounds of which move men to tears and ecstasy. It is only an attempt to present the meaning of the Qur'an-and peradventure something of the charm in English. It can never take the place of the Qur'an in Arabic, nor is it meant to do so"

Pickthall, in his foreward of 1930
Sistamatic is offline   Reply With Quote