Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Haqq

Old 05-13-2007, 01:27 AM   #1
nkhan01
Ummat Muhammad

Fire Fighters - Cures for Anger

As-Salam Alaykum!

I came across this hadith, which reminded me of the section in our seminar, on how to relate to oneself - i.e., when we were discussing the various aspects of anger. This hadith highlights the importance - that Allah (swt) Himself has given - to striving to rein in one's anger; it also shows how much benefit we can reap from such a struggle, insha Allah.

"Allah, the Most High, abandons the punishment due to anyone who can abandon his or her own anger." [Tabarani]

Am looking forward to the recap session, when we get to explore this aspect of our seminar in even more depth, insha Allah.
May Allah (swt) grant us the strength and wisdom to overcome our weaknesses. Ameen!
nkhan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:59 AM   #2
Fouzia Usman/Quest
Advisor - Qabeelat Haqq

Re: Fire Fighters - Cures for Anger

Wa alaikum Salaam
Jazakum Allah Khair Sr.nkhan01 for starting this. Lets use this thread to add any stories or hadiths or any articles that are related to anger and finally we will come up with an article on this topic for our newsletter insha Allah.

What do you guys think ?

Qabeelat Haqq!

Fouzia Usman/Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:02 AM   #3
Fouzia Usman/Quest
Advisor - Qabeelat Haqq

Dawud :: Book 41 : Hadith 4759

Narrated Mu'adh ibn Jabal:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: if anyone suppresses anger when he is in a position to give vent to it, Allah, the Exalted, will call him on the Day of Resurrection over the heads of all creatures, and ask him to choose any of the bright and large eyed maidens he wishes.

Qabeelat Haqq!

Fouzia Usman/Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:03 AM   #4
Hisham L
Ummat Muhammad

This is something that I'm really sensitive about actually because I've seen sooo many people lose their cool, and over the silliest of things (like basketball). It seems like anger management and patience go hand-n-hand, so if someone is not patient he/she will find it difficult to control their anger.

I like what Shaikh Faqih said, how if one is angry, he/she should go and make Wudu.

لَوۡ أَنزَلۡنَا هَـٰذَا ٱلۡقُرۡءَانَ عَلَىٰ جَبَلٍ۬ لَّرَأَيۡتَهُ ۥ خَـٰشِعً۬ا مُّتَصَدِّعً۬ا مِّنۡ خَشۡيَةِ ٱللَّهِ*ۚ وَتِلۡكَ ٱلۡأَمۡثَـٰلُ نَضۡرِبُہَا لِلنَّاسِ لَعَلَّهُمۡ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ . هُوَ ٱللَّهُ ٱلَّذِى لَآ إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ*ۖ عَـٰلِمُ ٱلۡغَيۡبِ وَٱلشَّهَـٰدَةِ*ۖ هُوَ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنُ ٱلرَّحِيمُ

"If We had caused this Qur'an to descend upon a mountain, thou (O Muhammad) verily hadst seen it humbled, rent asunder by the fear of Allah. Such similitudes coin We for mankind that haply they may reflect. He is Allah, than Whom there is no other God, the Knower of the Invisible and the Visible. He is the Beneficent, Merciful." (59:21-22)
Hisham L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:35 AM   #5
Mohammed Mana
Qabeelat Haqq

SubhanAllah thanks guys for starting this thread. you know i always think about the people who go for hajj and come back with volumes of stories of ppl who got angry over silly things. maybe the people who went for hajj and i think many ppl from our qabeelah did, could tell us a little about their experiences and how they "faught the fire".
I have a lot of respect for ppl who are able to not supress anger (cuz its unhealthy) but to take care of it in a proper fashion. Like making wudu or slowly and calmly talking it over and getting advice from someone.
MaY Allah grant us all patience and the control to manage our anger in a way that pleases Allah.
Mohammed Mana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:53 AM   #6
bintnagwa
Ummat Muhammad

I've haven't been to hajj yet but last year, there were several stories I heard from people I knew that experienced difficulties before they were in Saudi. One story was how a group had met up in New York and just as they were about to leave to go to hajj, all of the people that were on the plane were asked to get off. Instead another group went on the plane and these people were not going to perform hajj but were just going to Saudi Arabia. The people going on hajj were stuck in the JFK airport for days, not knowing if and when they would be able to go on hajj.

While they were going through this someone (who was not going on hajj) asked them to complain and demand to be put on a plane. This person reminded themselves and others why they were going and knew that they couldn't do this. Subhan Allah, Hajj is truly a test of patience and a training ground to deal with issues in ways that we wouldn't otherwise. This is perhaps one of the ways that individuals who go on hajj come back as different individuals. May Allah provide us all with this opportunity.
bintnagwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:59 AM   #7
Hisham L
Ummat Muhammad

Maaaaan, I was asked to share my hajj stories but I think I will refrain. I'm not so sure that lessons can be learned from them. I do have a lot of stories, don't get me wrong! but they are mostly stories of people losing their cool and doing crazy, crazy things.

لَوۡ أَنزَلۡنَا هَـٰذَا ٱلۡقُرۡءَانَ عَلَىٰ جَبَلٍ۬ لَّرَأَيۡتَهُ ۥ خَـٰشِعً۬ا مُّتَصَدِّعً۬ا مِّنۡ خَشۡيَةِ ٱللَّهِ*ۚ وَتِلۡكَ ٱلۡأَمۡثَـٰلُ نَضۡرِبُہَا لِلنَّاسِ لَعَلَّهُمۡ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ . هُوَ ٱللَّهُ ٱلَّذِى لَآ إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ*ۖ عَـٰلِمُ ٱلۡغَيۡبِ وَٱلشَّهَـٰدَةِ*ۖ هُوَ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنُ ٱلرَّحِيمُ

"If We had caused this Qur'an to descend upon a mountain, thou (O Muhammad) verily hadst seen it humbled, rent asunder by the fear of Allah. Such similitudes coin We for mankind that haply they may reflect. He is Allah, than Whom there is no other God, the Knower of the Invisible and the Visible. He is the Beneficent, Merciful." (59:21-22)
Hisham L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:10 AM   #8
Mohammed Mana
Qabeelat Haqq

Well maybe you can share some tips for controlling your anger. What i meant earlier was that ppl who made hajj had an edge for ppl like myself because they got to see anger firsthand and how hard it is to control it more than other ppl. Not to mention its part of hajj to be patient. So im sure you have something beneficial for us...bring on the stories but try to add a lesson you learnt so its not just funny.
Mohammed Mana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:14 AM   #9
islamaholic
Qabeelat Haqq

All this talk about anger and hajj makes me feel like I wouldn't last 2 seconds in Mecca without losing it...

مَتَى نَصْرُ اللّهِ أَلا إِنَّ نَصْرَ اللّهِ قَرِيبٌ
"When (will come) the help of Allah?" Ah! Verily, the help of Allah is (always) near!
(Qur'an 2:214)

www.masjidomar.com

Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Faqih's Class Blogs:
Tafsir Surat Al-Hujurat @ IIOC Blog | Science of Hadith @ IIOC Blog | Tafsir Surat An-Nur @ IIOC
islamaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:52 AM   #10
zeyadram
Qabeelat Haqq

yeah my dad was telling me stories about how like he's seen people get angry over the smallest things at hajj and when people try to calm them down they're like "tayib you know what i don't care i've done a hajj before and this is worth me breaking my ihraam" and then they go after the person theyre annoyed with. subhanAllah it's like what makes you so sure your other hajj was accepted!

i met up w/ my cousin in the days of tashreeq and he was coming from a group in egypt and he was really upset because he didn't feel like the ppl w/ him were creating that "hajj ambience" people playing cards, backbiting etc etc. but he was saying how his group in arafat was split into two tents and how the people in the tent just had it with the mushrif because their tents didn't get nuts and the other tents did. just amazing huh?
zeyadram is offline   Reply With Quote