Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Partners > EmanRush Audio

Old 12-14-2007, 08:22 AM   #11
Moabubaker
Ummat Muhammad

Re: Copyright

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraktuh,

I really hate this why, is EmanRush putting copyright on Lectures, i would love to copy and share my lectures but unfortunately i see the copyright (c) symbol on all the CD's i have. I understand that you guys want the money from these lectures for further productions but i think the best idea is not to sell or copyright them. If you see the Christians and Jews they may not be that much involved with Daw'ah but if you see, they would give away their books and lectures for free to thier people as well as people of other faiths. We need to stop this, the internet and the libraries are places that people are using very often nowadays, if we allow people to download these lectures for free we can make it another source for Da'wah. If you need help in production of these lectures ask me, i can help design CD Covers or make a website as i am a web designer/developer, but please do not put a price on these wonderful lectures.

Shiekh Fiez Muhammad's veiws on Copyright [MOD.EDIT: NO OUTSIDE LINKS PLEASE]

I hope EmanRush do take this into Consideration, if you would want to contact me for anything please email me @ Moabubaker@hotmail.co.uk

Jazakallahu Khairan,

Muhammad

Last edited by Bint_Kauther; 12-14-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Moabubaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:52 AM   #12
HiBz EsSenSe ©
Ameerah, Qabeelat Tayybah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabubaker
I really hate this why, is EmanRush putting copyright on Lectures,...I understand that you guys want the money from these lectures for further productions but i think the best idea is not to sell or copyright them. If you see the Christians and Jews they may not be that much involved with Daw'ah but if you see, they would give away their books and lectures for free to thier people as well as people of other faiths. We need to stop this, the internet and the libraries are places that people are using very often nowadays, if we allow people to download these lectures for free we can make it another source for Da'wah.
WaAlaikum Alsalam waRahmatullahi waBarakatu

Akhi, I completely understand what your saying but please look at this situation from another angle ...

Would you tell the Doctor or Mechanic to give their services for free? No! Why? Because we understand that at the end, this is what allows the bread on their families tables, same difference for some Shuyookh/SalesReps, etc ... So even if this is ilm realated, we can't possibly expect them to provide it for free (when it would cause THEM a loss), if we pass it along for free, it may cause their income flow to stop, and thus cause them to stop producing (which honestly would be a greater harm)

And Alhamdulilahi Rabbul 'alameen, there are MANY other good Free Dawah resources (Books, CD's) for distribution elsewhere, (Link aren't allowed, So If you can't find this free material on the net but are interested in more info on it, email me at Ameerah.Tayybah@almaghrib.org)

Fi Amanillah AazaWajal - Eid Mubarak
...Let That Be Tha Reason...

Last edited by HiBz EsSenSe ©; 12-19-2007 at 09:58 PM.
HiBz EsSenSe © is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:00 PM   #13
Moabubaker
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBz EsSenSe ©
WaAlaikum Alsalam waRahmatullahi waBarakatu

Akhi, I completely understand what your saying but please look at this situation from another angle ...

Would you tell the Doctor or Mechanic to give their services for free? No! Why? Because we understand that at the end, this is what allows the bread on their families tables, same difference for some Shuyookh/SalesReps, etc ... So even if this is ilm realated, we can't possibly expect them to provide it for free (when it would cause THEM a loss), if we pass it along for free, it may cause their income flow to stop, and thus cause them to stop producing (which honestly would be a greater harm)

And Alhamdulilahi Rabbul 'alameen, there are MANY other good Free Dawah resources (Books, CD's) for distribution elsewhere, (Link aren't allowed, So If you can't find this free material on the net but are interested in more info on it, email me at Ameerah.Tayybah@almaghrib.org)

Fi Amanillah AazaWajal - Eid Mubarak
Well you cannot compare a Doctor or Mechanic's job with a Shaykh giving lectures, because they have to do this in order to live and survive, but as for shakyh's they give lectures voluntarily. Im hoping that these shaykh's do not depend on the income from selling the lectures, and if they do then i advise them to go and find a job and stop depending on the money from lectures.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:37 PM   #14
HiBz EsSenSe ©
Ameerah, Qabeelat Tayybah

Quote:
and if they do then i advise them to go and find a job and stop depending on the money from lectures.
Subhana Rubbi, You do not see being a "Shaykh" as a job? A Noble one; One worthy of bringing food to the table? - Like a Doctor, a Shaykh heals hearts,and minds, giving strength to the limbs and guidance to ones life...and like a Mechanic, a Shaykh fixes situations, and families, and in the long run, the community at large ...

That sounds like a real job to me, and apparently one that is very unappreciated
May Allah Preserve our Shuyookh, their families, and their students *ameen*
...Let That Be Tha Reason...

Last edited by HiBz EsSenSe ©; 12-24-2007 at 12:39 PM.
HiBz EsSenSe © is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:53 PM   #15
Hala
Qabeelat Majd

Quote:
Subhanaka Rubbi, You do not see being a "Shaykh" as a job? A Noble one; One worthy of bringing food to the table? - Like a Doctor, a Shaykh heals hearts,and minds, giving strength to the limbs and guidance to ones life...and like a Mechanic, a Shaykh fixes situations, and families, and in the long run, the community at large ...

That sounds like a real job to me, and apparently one that is very unappreciated
I second that.

Ameen!
Hala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 06:59 AM   #16
Moabubaker
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Subhanaka Rubbi, You do not see being a "Shaykh" as a job? A Noble one; One worthy of bringing food to the table? - Like a Doctor, a Shaykh heals hearts,and minds, giving strength to the limbs and guidance to ones life...and like a Mechanic, a Shaykh fixes situations, and families, and in the long run, the community at large ...

Can any of the scholars quote to me any verse from the Qur'an or any of the authentic ahadeeths stating that Breaking Copyright law is Haraam ?

There are still many scholars around the world that do not agree with Copyrighting Islamic Lectures, i request you guys to go to youtube and listen to Shaykh Feiz Muhammad's views on copyright.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:27 AM   #17
Amatullah
Qabeelat Nurayn

Quote:
Can any of the scholars quote to me any verse from the Qur'an or any of the authentic ahadeeths stating that Breaking Copyright law is Haraam ?
There are obviously no hadith stating that copyright is wrong, but there are hadith that teach us that honoring the rights of a muslim and their property, wealth is a must.

Rasul Allah sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam said,

“No wealth of a Muslim can be taken except with his approval.” (Sunan Abi Dawood, Shaykh Albani rahimahullah classified it as authentic, Saheeh al-Jaami al-Sagheer #7662.)

“The Muslims must abide by conditions that they lay down." ( Abu Dawood and al-Haakim. According to al-Albaani, it is authentic. See al-Albaani, Saheeh al-Jaami al-Sagheer #6714)
-the Scholars (Abdul-Azeez ibn Baaz, Abdul-Azeez Aali-Shaykh, Saalih al-Fawzaan and Bakr Abu Zaid) use this hadith because for example, if one buys a CD that is copyright, they are agreeing to conditions of copyright stated by the manufacturer, so they must abide by those conditions.

and also, he alayhi salaatu wa salaam said: “That which you have the most right to take wages/reward for is the Book of Allah" (Saheeh alBukhari)

and lastly, When the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam was asked about the best of earnings, he replied: “What a person earns by his hand and every honestly executed sale transaction.” (Ahmad, Shaykh Albani graded it Saheeh in Saheeh al-Jaami al-Sagheer wa Ziyaadatuh, vol. 1, had. 1033)

A BIG jazakum Allahu khayran to our brothers and sisters out there who are producing these means of gaining knowledge, this falls under earning by their hand and as Al-Mustafa sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam said, it is the BEST way to earn. And of course to our shuyookh who have dedicated their lives to, as Heba said, healing and teaching the masses and working in the way of Allah ta'ala.
Allah azza wa jal says in Surah Fussilat ayah 33, wa man ahsanu qawla min man da'aa il Allah, wa 'amalan saalihan wa qaala inna-nee min al-muslimeen? SubhanAllah, Allah says who is more ahsan then them? interpretation of the meaning: Who is better in speech than one who calls (men) to Allah, works righteousness, and says, "I am of those who bow in Islam"?

Also, we respect shaykh Feiz but the most knowledgeable scholars of our time such as Shaykh ibn Baaz rahimahullah and shaykh ibn Uthaymeen rahimahullah and shaykh Aali-Shaykh hafidhahullah, among others, have labeled this as wrong.

This argument can keep going on and on, or one can tell themselves...if EmanRush or Al-Basheer or any other company that produces CD says we cannot copy their CDs, then don'tdo it! (i'm not saying that in a harsh way astagfirullah, I just think it's as simple as that)

and Allah azza wa jal knows Best, for a more detailed response you can check out al-basheer dot com or muslimaudio dot com inshaAllah.
yet they do not gain benefit from it nor do they give benefit out to others.”

Imam Al-Awzaa'ee rahimahullah
Amatullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:34 AM   #18
Abu Umar
Qabeelat Al-Shams

Copyright

Are the audio sets from EmanRush on copyright??

Can we post the audio files onto a website for FREE??
Abu Umar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #19
alghareeb
Qabeelat Tayybah

Please, ANSWER the question because I don't want to post anything as well with out having the permission....

please share you opinion on the above^^^^^
alghareeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:28 PM   #20
1/2AWiseMan
Qabeelat Majd

I'm NOT speaking on behalf of EmanRush.Email any contact address on the emanrush website if you want to get the offical opinion.

Their products are copyright and are not available to be posted online. So, it's not allowed to post their material online for free download.

Time Management Training for Muslims...
(search) UntangleYourTime | |
| NahyanInc
1/2AWiseMan is offline   Reply With Quote