Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Asad

Old 12-15-2007, 12:52 PM   #1
Anila Hussain
Qabeelat Asad

Thumbs up Reminder Thread!

as'salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

*Please post this as a sticky*

Let's start a thread of reminders! Anything that you've read and that gave you a serious emanrush, post it and earn the ajr!

Here's the first:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim (rahimahuAllaah) once asked his teacher Shaykh Al-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahuAllaah):

" Some scholars were asked what is more beneficial for people; to do Tasbeeh ( saying Subhan Allah and likewise) or Istighfaar ( Saying Astaghfir Allah and likewise)?

He replied: " If the dress is pure and clean, then perfume and rose water are the best suitable things for such a dress. However, if the dress is dirty and impure, then soap and hot water is what the dress needs" [ Al-Wabil Al-Sayyib Fi Al-Kalam Al-Tayyib]

Whoever remembers death often will find a small amount of worldly things sufficient for him; and whoever includes his speech in his deeds will speak little.
Anila Hussain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:59 PM   #2
Anila Hussain
Qabeelat Asad

Re: Reminder Thread!

Imm Ahmad ibn Hanbal - rahimahullah - said:

You should know - may Allh have mercy upon you - that when the slave [of Allh] leaves his house to go to the mosque, that he is going to face Allh, the Irresistible, the One, the Omnipotent, the Exalted in Might, the Oft-forgiving, in the knowledge that nothing is hidden from Allh, wherever it might be, and that nothing is hidden from Allh and that even something as small as a mustard seed is not concealed from Him, nor even something smaller, nor larger - in the seven earths or the seven heavens, in the seven seas or the lofty mountains, fixed and firm. And verily, the mosque to which he comes is one of the Houses of Allh. He desires only Allh and he sets out to one of Allh's Houses.

So when anyone from amongst you sets out from his house (for the mosque) he should say quietly to himself words of remembrance [of Allh] - words unconnected with the affairs and business of this world. He should set out calmly, somberly, for this is what the Prophet, sallAllhu `alaihi wa sallam, ordered us to do; he should set out with (his heart full of) longing and desire [for Allh's pleasure] and fear and apprehension [of Allh's anger] and with humility and meekness towards Allh. For the more humble, the more meek, the more submissive he is to Allh, the more virtuous and righteous does he become in Salh and the greater becomes his reward, and the more noble and nearer to Allh becomes the worshipper.

Whoever remembers death often will find a small amount of worldly things sufficient for him; and whoever includes his speech in his deeds will speak little.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
Nabil Q
Qabeelat Asad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anila
He replied: " If the dress is pure and clean, then perfume and rose water are the best suitable things for such a dress. However, if the dress is dirty and impure, then soap and hot water is what the dress needs" [ Al-Wabil Al-Sayyib Fi Al-Kalam Al-Tayyib]
That was amazing subhanallah!

["Peace!" Such is the Saying from an Ever-Merciful Lord.]
Nabil Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:28 PM   #4
Anila Hussain
Qabeelat Asad

Anas bin Malik and Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Messenger of Allah would say:

اللهم إني أعوذ بك من علم لا ينفع ومن قلب لا يخشع ومن دعاء لا يسمع ومن نفس لا تشبع

ِAllahumma inni a'udhu bika min 'ilmin la yanfa' wa min qalbin ya yakhsha' wa min du'a'in la yusma' wa min nafsin la tashba'

"O Allah! I seek refuge with You from knowledge that does not benefit, and from a heart that is not subdued and humble, and from a supplication that is not heard, and from a self that is not satisfied."

And he would then say: "O Allah! I seek refuge with You from these four things."

Old 12-17-2007, 03:52 PM   #5
Mariam 3:36
Ummat Muhammad

Sufyaan Ath Thauree said:

Decrease the frequency with which you fall into error, accept apologies (from those who have wronged you). Be the type of person from whom people generally expect good things, and from whose evil people feel safe.

Do not hate anyone who obeys Allah, and be merciful both towards people in general and towards those [with] who[m] you are well acquainted .

Do not sever ties of the womb, and join ties with those who have severed them from you. Pardon those who wronged you and you will, as a result, become a companion of the Prophets and the Martyrs

أَقُولُ قَوْلِي هذَا وَأَسْتَغْفِرُ اللهَ لِي وَلَكُم

I say this and invoke Allah for forgiveness for me and for you.
Mariam 3:36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #6
Anila Hussain
Qabeelat Asad

If a person starts telling you, whether in private or public, something that you already knew very well, you should pretend as if you do not know it. Do not rush to reveal your knowledge or to interfere with the speech. Instead, show your attention and concentration.

The honorable tab'i Imam Ata ibn Abi Rabah said: "A young man would tell me something that I may have heard before he was born. Nevertheless, I would listen to him as if I had never heard it before."

Khalid ibn Safwan al-Tamimi, who frequented the courts of two Khalifahs: Umar ibn Abdul Aziz and Hisham ibn Abdul Malik, said: "If a person tells you something you have heard before, or news that you already learned, do not interrupt him to exhibit your knowledge to those present. This is rude and ill mannered."

The honorable Imam Abdullah ibn Wahab al-Qurashi al-Masri, a companion of Imam Malik, Al-Laith ibn Sad and Al-Thawri, said: "Sometimes a person would tell me a story that I have heard before his parents had wed. Yet, I listened as if I have never heard it before."

Ibrahim ibn al-Junaid said: "A wise man said to his son: 'Learn the art of listening as you learn the art of speaking.'" Listening well means maintaining eye contact, allowing the speaker to finish the spech, and restraining your urge to interrupt his speech. Al-Hafiz al-Khatib al-Baghdadi said in a poem:

Never interrupt a talk

Though you know it inside out

Taken from: Islamic Manners: The Art of Listening by Shaykh Abdul Fattah Abu Ghudda

Old 12-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #7
Anila Hussain
Qabeelat Asad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariam 3:36
Sufyaan Ath Thauree said:

Decrease the frequency with which you fall into error, accept apologies (from those who have wronged you). Be the type of person from whom people generally expect good things, and from whose evil people feel safe.

Do not hate anyone who obeys Allah, and be merciful both towards people in general and towards those [with] who[m] you are well acquainted .

Do not sever ties of the womb, and join ties with those who have severed them from you. Pardon those who wronged you and you will, as a result, become a companion of the Prophets and the Martyrs
barakAllaahu feeki Mariam for the awesome reminder!

Old 12-18-2007, 10:36 PM   #8
Omar Khan
Ameer, Qabeelat Asad

Assalaamu'Alykum,
SubhanAllah I love the quotes.
Wa Alykum Assalaam

Hayya 'Alan-Namaaz?

"The minute you lower your standards, you lower your expectations; you will get less and less"
Omar Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #9
Anila Hussain
Qabeelat Asad

Ibn al-Qayyim - rahimahullaah - said:

One of the Salaf (Pious Predecessors) said: "Indeed a servant commits a sin by which he enters Paradise; and another does a good deed by which he enters the Fire." It was asked: How is that? So he replied: "The one who committed the sin, constantly thinks about it; which causes him to fear it, regret it, weep over it and feel ashamed in front of his Lord - the Most High - due to it. He stands before Allaah, broken-hearted and with his head lowered in humility. So this sin is more beneficial to him than doing many acts of obedience, since it caused him to have humility and humbleness - which leads to the servant's happiness and success - to the extent that this sin becomes the cause for him entering Paradise.

As for the doer of good, then he does not consider this good a favour from his Lord Upon him. Rather, he becomes arrogant and amazed with himself, saying: I have achieved such and such, and such and such . So this further increases him in self adulation, pride and arrogance - such that this becomes the cause for his destruction."

Old 12-19-2007, 05:38 PM   #10
Mariam 3:36
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anila
barakAllaahu feeki Mariam for the awesome reminder!
Wa Feeki Insha'Allah. Masha'Allah I am enjoying reading all the wonderful reminders/words of wisdom on here (wa lil-Lahil-Hamd/ and for Allah is All Praise)! May Allah SWT grant us the "humility and humbleness - which leads to the servant's happiness and success"

Eid Mubarak-- Taqab-bal Allah, min-na wa min-kum jamee3an insha'Allah.

أَقُولُ قَوْلِي هذَا وَأَسْتَغْفِرُ اللهَ لِي وَلَكُم

I say this and invoke Allah for forgiveness for me and for you.
Mariam 3:36 is offline   Reply With Quote