Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Asad

Old 05-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #111
Sweet Muslimah
Qabeelat Asad

Re: Reminder Thread!

Hassan al-Basri (rahimahullah) said: "O son of Adam, indeed you are only but a number of days.

Whenever a day passes, a part of you leaves with it."

لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّه

~Qabeelat Asad~
-Roar of Faith-
Y
Sweet Muslimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:47 AM   #112
Sweet Muslimah
Qabeelat Asad

"..And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him."

[Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

~Qabeelat Asad~
-Roar of Faith-
Y
Old 06-29-2010, 02:30 AM   #113
Abu Hayat
Ummat Muhammad

“The slave is not afflicted with a punishment greater than the hardening of the heart and being distant from Allah. For the Fire was created to melt the hardened heart. The most distant heart from Allah is the heart which is hardened. If the heart becomes hardened, the eye becomes dry.” ~ Ibn Al-Qayyim
Old 06-29-2010, 02:34 AM   #114
Abu Hayat
Ummat Muhammad

Jewels Amongst Stones: Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq – May Allah be Pleased with him

THE MAN

He was Abu Bakr ibn ‘Uthman Abu Qahafa, who belonged to the Banu Taym division of the Quraysh tribe. He was born in Makkah in the year 573. He got his name from his love to play with camel foals and goats as a child. In his late teens, Abu Bakr headed his business in trade and began travelling with caravans to commercial hotpoints such as Syria and Yemen. He later became the head of his tribe and was well respected amongst the Quraysh.

HIS ISLAM

He was the neighbor of the Prophet’s wife, Khadijah (may Allah be pleased with her) and naturally got to know the Prophet as they were of similar age and profession. He accepted Islam in 610 and was the first from amongst the men to accept The Prophet’s (peace be upon him) message. He was not an idol worshipper and was not known to be involved in the many pagan practices of his time. His call to the religion of al-Islam invited the likes of: ‘Uthman ibn Affan, Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqas, Abu Ubaidah ibn al-Jarrah, Talhah, az-Zubayr and Abdur-Rahman ibn Awf (may Allah be pleased with them all).

HIS ZEAL AND DETERMINATION IN EARLY ISLAM

In the year 613, the Prophet (peace be upon him) declared that Allah (the Most High) commanded calling to Islam publicly rather than in secrecy. Abu Bakr then chose to represent al-Islam by reciting the verses of the Qur’an outside the Ka’ba. The youth of the Quraysh leapt onto him, beating him into a comatose state. Days later, upon awakening, the first thing he asked about was the health of Rasulullah (peace be upon him) and vowed not to eat till a trusted person would inform him of the Prophet’s health!

THE LOVE BETWEEN HIM AND THE PROPHET (PEACE BE UPON HIM)

A’isha, may Allah be pleased with her, was once laying with the Prophet, peace be upon him, staring at the decorated sky. She asked him “Is there any person amongst us who has deeds that reach the stars?” He replied “Yes. He is ‘Umar” The Prophet saw disappointment in the face of A’isha and asked “Were you expecting me to mention about your father?” She confirmed. The Prophet then advised her “Oh A’isha, the one night your father spent with me in the cave is worth more than all the deeds of ‘Umar!” (Bukhari)

According to authentic ahadith, the Prophet and Abu Bakr spent some nights in the cave known as “ath-Thawr” some 5 miles south from Makkah. The dangers of migration in light of severe persecution led to them taking a different path to the most efficient route to Madinah. The Quraysh would quite often send search parties scouting for them.

In this cave, Abu Bakr filled as many snake holes with dirt as possible and then set to rest. The Prophet (peace be upon him) fell asleep in the lap of Abu Bakr, however, Abu Bakr discovered that one hole was still open and that a snake was within it. Out of love for Rasulullah (peace be upon him), he remained seated and covered the hole with his foot! The snake began biting him but he did not move in order to let the Prophet sleep.

Abu Bakr’s foot had become incredibly swollen and the pain caused tears to rush from his eyes. The tears landed on the Prophet and awoke him and he performed ruqya (a Qur’anic recitation over an illness or injury) and Allah allowed the foot to be healed. This is what Rasulullah praised about Abu Bakr in the previous hadith.

Ibn Abbas reports: “The Prophet came out during his illness from which he died his head bound with a cloth. He sat on the minbar, thanked Allah, praised Him and said: “There is no one among the people who has been more generous to me with his life and his property than Abu Bakr ibn Abi Quhaafa and if I was to take a bosom friend, I would take Abu Bakr as my bosom friend. But, the friendship of Islam is better. Block off every door in this Masjid except the door of Abu Bakr.” (Sahih al-Bukhari)

Jundub narrates: I heard the Prophet (sas) five days before his death saying: “I declare my innocence before Allah that I should have any bosom friend among you for Allah Most High has taken me as His friend just as He took Ibrahim as His friend. If I were to take any bosom friend from my nation I would take Abu Bakr.” (Sahih Muslim)

EXAMPLES OF HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS

Once our Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) asked: “Who began this day fasting?” Abu Bakr said: “I did.” Then the Prophet asked: “Who participated in a funeral procession today?” Abu Bakr said: “I did.” The Prophet asked: “Who fed a needy person today?” Abu Bakr said: “I did.” The Prophet further asked: “Who visited a sick person today?” Abu Bakr said: “I did.” Then the Prophet said: “These things cannot all meet in a single person but they will enter Paradise.” (Sahih Muslim)

‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “The Prophet (sas) ordered us to give sadaqa. It happened to coincide with some wealth I had just acquired and I said to myself: If I will every surpass Abu Bakr, this is the day I will surpass him. And so I came to the Prophet (sas) with half of my wealth and he (sas) said to me: “What have you left for your family?” I said: “The same amount.” Then Abu Bakr came with all of his wealth. The Prophet (sas) said to him: “What have you left for your family?” He said: I have left them Allah and His Messenger.” I said: “I will never surpass you in anything.”” (Sunan Abu Dawud)

HIS ROLE IN THE PRESERVATION OF ISLAM

1. Preservation of the third pillar of al-Islam: Zakah

Many Muslims after the death of the Prophet stopped paying the zakah claiming that the death of the Prophet brought an end to the obligation. Abu Bakr proclaimed the apostasy of one who leaves zakah just as one who leaves salah. He said that he would not stop till those who give the cloth to tie beasts with to the Prophet give it to him to distribute to the needy. ‘Umar disagreed but later said “that day we were wrong as a nation and he, alone as one man, was upon the truth”.

2. Preservation of the Prophethood: the Battle of Yamamah

Rasulullah (peace be upon him) had told his companions of a dream he had in which in his hands were two gold bangles, He further told them that this meant that there would be two men who claimed prophethood but who would be liars. This became reality as in the time of the Prophet Muhammad there was a certain Musailma Ibn Hubaib who hailed from Yamama and falsely claimed to be a prophet of God. This man was dubbed as Musailma al-Kaddhaab (Musailma the liar). The Battle of Yamama was fought in December AD 632 in the plain of Aqraba, where the forces of Caliph Abu Bakr and Musailma met. The Muslims destroyed his stance against the deen of Allah.

3. Preservation of the Qur’an

In the year 632, Umar Ibn Al-Khattab urged Abu Bakr to preserve and compile the Qur’an. This was prompted after the battle of Yamamah, where heavy casualties were suffered among the reciters who memorized the Qur’an. Abu Bakr entrusted Zayd Ibn Thabit with the task of collecting the Qur’an as he had been present during the last recitation of the Qur’an by the Prophet to Angel Jibreel (Gabriel). Zayd and his companions accomplished the task and handed Abu Bakr the first authenticated copy of the Qur’an.

He died in 634, leaving behind the example of how a man can be the best companion, leader and commander. The narrations of his virtues are too many but we end with one:

The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “He who spends a pair in the way of Allah will be called from the gates of Jannah: `O slave of Allah! This gate is better for you’ and one who is constant in Salat (prayer), will be called from the Gate of Salat; and whoever is eager in fighting in the Cause of Allah, will be called from the Gate of Jihad; and who is regular in observing Saum will be called from Ar-Raiyan Gate. The one who is generous in charity will be called from the Gate of Charity.” Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him) said: “O Messenger of Allah (PBUH)! May my mother and father be sacrificed for you! Those who are called from these gates will stand in need of nothing. Will anybody be called from all of those gates?” He replied, “Yes, and I hope that you will be one of them.” (Sahih al-Bukhari)

May Allaah make us among the residents of Jannah whom meet and greet Rasulullah (saws) and his best friend Abu Bakr (radiallaahu anhu) ameen.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:40 AM   #115
Abu Hayat
Ummat Muhammad

How to attain Ikhlas

Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah (rahimahullah)
Ikhlas (sincerity) cannot be combined in the heart together with the love of being praised and the greed for what other people have, except in the way that water and fire are combined.

So if your conscious tells you to seek ikhlaas, then turn to greed firstly, and slaughter it with the knife of despair [1], then turn to the love of being praised and abandon it like how those who adore the life of this world abandon the hereafter. If you are successful in slaughtering greed and in abandoning the love of being praised, then ikhlaas will be easy for you.

And if you ask:

“And what will make slaughtering greed and abandoning the love of being praised easy for me?”

I reply: As for slaughtering greed, then what will facilitate this for you is your knowledge with certainty that there is nothing whatsoever that is desired, except that with Allaah alone are its treasures, none posses them except Him, and the slave is given nothing from them except by Him.

And as for abandoning the love of being praised, then what will facilitate this for you, is your knowledge that no one’s praise benefits and adorns, and no ones dispraise harms and makes one ugly, except the praise and dispraise of Allaah alone. One bedouin said to the messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه و سلم:

“Indeed whoever I praise is adorned, and whoever I dispraise is unadorned.”

So he صلى الله عليه و سلم said:

“That is [for] Allaah ‘az wa jal [alone].”

So abandon the praise of he whose praise does not adorn you and he whose dispraise does not make you any worse. And seek the praise of He whose praise has all the adornment and He whose dispraise has all the ugliness. And it is not possible to achieve this except with patience and surety, and whenever you lose patience and surety, you become like one who wants to travel across the oceans without a boat.”

Allaah the glorified said:

{So be patient (O Muhammad). Verily, the promise of Allaah is true, and don’t let those who have no certainty of faith discourage you from conveying Allaah’s message (which you are obliged to convey).} [Surah: 30/60].

And He, The most high, said:

{And We made from amongst them (Children of Israel), leaders, giving guidance under Our command, when they were patient and used to believe with certainty in Our ayat.} [Surah: 32/24]

[1] Give up hope in worldly belongings.

ref:al Fawaid p221
Old 09-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #116
Sweet Muslimah
Qabeelat Asad

Imam Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah said:

"O you of little resolve, where do you stand upon this path? Adam found it difficult and Nuh lamented because of it, while Allaah’s Khaleel Ibraaheem was thrown into a pit of fire due to it. Isma’eel was laid upon his side ready to be sacrificed for its sake, and while upon it Yusuf was sold for a cheap price and then falsely cast into prison for many years. Zakariyah was sawed in half, and Yahya was slaughtered due to it. Ayyub suffered great distress, while Dawood cried copiously, and ‘Isaa cured the wretched poor of their diseases and walked with wild beasts due to it. And how many, how many forms of difficulty and hardship did the Messenger Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) face while proceeding upon it – yet you live through amusements and distractions!"

[al-Fawaaid: Page 41]

~Qabeelat Asad~
-Roar of Faith-
Y
Old 09-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #117
Sweet Muslimah
Qabeelat Asad

"Be one who seeks steadfastness, not one looking for miracles; indeed your soul yearns for a way out through a miracle, but your Lord requires you to be steadfast." (shaykh AE)

~Qabeelat Asad~
-Roar of Faith-
Y
Old 11-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #118
Sweet Muslimah
Qabeelat Asad

"One of the signs of Allah's turning away from a man is that he becomes involved in that which does not concern him, as a sign that Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, has left him to his own devices." [Hasan al-Basri]

~Qabeelat Asad~
-Roar of Faith-
Y
Old 11-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #119
Omar Khan
Ameer, Qabeelat Asad

I would also like to have the reminder thread started up again.

Hayya 'Alan-Namaaz?

"The minute you lower your standards, you lower your expectations; you will get less and less"
Omar Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #120
Sweet Muslimah
Qabeelat Asad

It is only an ignorant person who assumes himself to be knowledgeable; a true person of knowledge views himself to be ignorant. (Shaykh Yasir Qadhi)

~Qabeelat Asad~
-Roar of Faith-
Y