Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Asad

Old 05-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #41
sadiav
Qabeelat Asad

Re: Reminder Thread!

Al Husain ibn Muhammd As Samarqandee said,

"Among Imam Bukhaaree's many praiseworthy qualities, three in particular stood out:

(1) He spoke very little.
(2) He did not covet what other people had, and
(3) He did not occupy himself in the affairs of other people; instead he devoted himself completely and wholeheartedly to knowledge
."

--
The Biography of Imam Bukhaaree (page 112)
Compiled by Salaahud-Deen ibn Alee ibn Abdul Maujood
Translated by Faisal Shafeeq

Use this as a day to come closer to Allah SWT
OR
let it pass by as another wasted day

What will we decide today
sadiav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:02 AM   #42
Nihla
Ummat Muhammad

Allah (SWT) possesses 100 mercies, only one of which He has sent down to the world through which His creatures are merciful to each other. And with the remaining 99 mercies, He shall have mercy on people on the Day of Judgment. (Bukhari)

"The world is but a moment, so make it a moment of obedience."
Imam ash-Shafi'ee
٭٭٭٭٭
QABEELAT ASAD
ROAR OF FAITH
Nihla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #43
Anila Hussain
Qabeelat Asad

Sufyaan Ath-Thawree, raHimahullaah, said: "The excellence of knowledge is due only to the fact that it causes a person to fear and obey Allaah, otherwise it is just like anything else." [Related by ibn Rajab]

Al-Hasan al-Basree, raHimahullaah, said: "Whoever learns something in the name of Allaah, seeking that which is with Him, he will win. And whoever learns something for other than Allaah, he will not reach the goal, nor will his acquired knowledge bring him closer to Allaah." [Related by Ibn ul Jawzee]

Ibn Mas`ood, raDiallaahu `anhu, said: "True knowledge is not measured in relationship to how much you memorize and then narrate, but rather, true knowledge is an expression of piety [protecting oneself from what Allaah prohibited and acting upon what He mandated]."Also, "Study and act upon what you learn." [Related by Abu Na`eem]

Whoever remembers death often will find a small amount of worldly things sufficient for him; and whoever includes his speech in his deeds will speak little.
Anila Hussain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:12 PM   #44
Anila Hussain
Qabeelat Asad

The Advice of al-Khidr

Shaikh al-Ghazaali reported that Musa asked al-Khidr to advise him. He said, "Be someone who constantly smiles, and not someone who is constantly angry. Be someone who benefits others, and not someone who harms others. Refrain from argumentation. Do not walk around without purpose. Do not laugh without a reason. Do not disparage wrongdoers by mentioning their mistakes to them. And cry over your misdeeds, O son of 'Imraan."

Whoever remembers death often will find a small amount of worldly things sufficient for him; and whoever includes his speech in his deeds will speak little.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:44 PM   #45
Ahmed Ibn Hassan
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anila Hussain
The Advice of al-Khidr

Shaikh al-Ghazaali reported that Musa asked al-Khidr to advise him. He said, "Be someone who constantly smiles, and not someone who is constantly angry. Be someone who benefits others, and not someone who harms others. Refrain from argumentation. Do not walk around without purpose. Do not laugh without a reason. Do not disparage wrongdoers by mentioning their mistakes to them. And cry over your misdeeds, O son of 'Imraan."
Beautiful Masha’allah…
Old 07-28-2008, 10:11 PM   #46
Sweet Muslimah
Qabeelat Asad

"The world is three days: As for yesterday, it has vanished, along with all that was in it. As for tommorow you may never see it. As for today, it is yours, so work in it!" -Hassan al-Basri

لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّه

~Qabeelat Asad~
-Roar of Faith-
Y
Sweet Muslimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:09 PM   #47
Saba
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Muslimah
"The world is three days: As for yesterday, it has vanished, along with all that was in it. As for tommorow you may never see it. As for today, it is yours, so work in it!" -Hassan al-Basri
ma sha Allah, that is such a nice reminder. Jazak Allah Sweet Muslimah for putting it up. It reminded me of something similar
Quote:
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift that is why it is called the present
Said by Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda. I am sure they took it from somewhere else...:P

Also
Quote:
The best thing about the past is that it is over!
- Byron Katie
Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #48
Anila Hussain
Qabeelat Asad

It was reported that Prophet Dawud peace be upon him, used to say in his supplication, "O Lord! How can I ever duly thank You, when my thanking You is also a favor from You to me''

Allah the Exalted answered him, "Now, you have thanked Me sufficiently, O Dawud,'' meaning, `when you admitted that you will never be able to duly thank Me.'

Old 07-30-2008, 01:00 PM   #49
sadiav
Qabeelat Asad

Today is the 26th of Rajab...the month of Sha'baan will be starting in a few days...Insha Allah let us use this time to increase in doing good deeds and coming closer to Allah SWT and preparing for the coming of Ramadan

Fasting most of the month of Sha'ban (the month preceding Ramadan)

The Prophet would fast most of the month of Sha'ban. 'Aishah said: "I never saw the Messenger of Allah fast a complete month save for Ramadan, and I have never seen him fast more in a month than he did in Sha'ban."
This is related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.

Usamah ibn Zaid inquired: "O Messenger of Allah, I never find you fasting in any month like you do during the month of Sha'ban." The Prophet responded: "That is a month the people neglect. It comes between Rajab and Ramadan. It is a month in which the deeds are raised to the Lord of the Worlds. I love that my deeds be raised while I am fasting."
This is related by Abu Dawud, an-Nasa'i, and by Ibn Khuzaimah in his Sahih.

Some people fast on the 15th of Sha'ban in particular, thinking that that day contains more virtues than the other days. This is an unsubstantiated claim.

Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 3: Voluntary Fasts, page 127

Use this as a day to come closer to Allah SWT
OR
let it pass by as another wasted day

What will we decide today
sadiav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:02 PM   #50
Omar Khan
Ameer, Qabeelat Asad

Assalaamu'Alykum,
Jazakillahu khairan for the reminder.

I am stocked for sha'baan. I find we tend to neglect this month usually...but its the best month to prepare for a strong ramadaan.
Wa Alykum Assalaam

Hayya 'Alan-Namaaz?

"The minute you lower your standards, you lower your expectations; you will get less and less"
Omar Khan is offline   Reply With Quote