Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Asad

Old 04-04-2009, 10:21 PM   #81
sadiav
Qabeelat Asad

Re: Reminder Thread!

Something I saw in someone's signature on the boards here...

This dunya is like a shadow.
If you try to catch it, you will never be able to do so.
If you turn your back towards it, it has no choice but to follow you.
- Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah

Use this as a day to come closer to Allah SWT
OR
let it pass by as another wasted day

What will we decide today
sadiav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:43 AM   #82
Nihla
Ummat Muhammad

Something beautiful from Sh. Zulfiqar Ahmed's "Love for Allah"

May I forget everything in your remembrance,
And may I remember not anyone else.
May I forsake unto Thee all dear to my heart,
And may my heart be filled by You.
May I set fire to my joys and happiness,
And may my heart ache for Thee alone.
May I be blinded to all I know,
And may I turn only to Thee and none other.

"The world is but a moment, so make it a moment of obedience."
Imam ash-Shafi'ee
٭٭٭٭٭
QABEELAT ASAD
ROAR OF FAITH
Nihla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #83
Nabil Q
Qabeelat Asad

"Son of Adam! You are nothing but a number of days, whenever each day passes then part of you has gone." Al Hassan Al Basri.

The khutbah here last Friday was about the value of time. What are we doing with our free time? Are we spending it on getting closer to Allah, or do we waste the time, trying to 'kill time.'

As it is said :
الوقت كالسيف ان لم تقطعه قطعك
Time is like a sword. If you don't cut (with) it, it will cut you.

["Peace!" Such is the Saying from an Ever-Merciful Lord.]
Nabil Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #84
sadiav
Qabeelat Asad

Ali ibn abi Talib radi Allahu anhu said, "This world is moving away from us and the Hereafter is moving towards us. Each of them has its own people, so be among the people of the Hereafter, do not be among the people of this world. Today is striving, not reckoning, but tomorrow will be reckoning and not striving."

- The Minor Resurrection (what Happens After Death): In Light of the Quran and Sunnah, by Shaykh Umar al Ashqar, page 105

OR

Old 06-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #85
Sweet Muslimah
Qabeelat Asad

"You Can Be The Happiest Woman In The World”
by: Dr. A’id al-Qarni

"With your beauty, you are better than the sun; with your morals you are more sublime than musk; with your modesty you are nobler than the full moon; with your compassion you are more beneficial than rain. So, preserve your beauty with faith, your tranquility with contentment, your chastity with hijab. Remember that your adornment is not gold, silver or diamonds, rather, it is two rak’ahs at Fajr, going thirsty when you fast for Allah, concealed charity which no one knows except Him, hot tears that wash away sin, a lengthy prostration born of utter submission to Allah, shyness before Allah when the inclination to do evil overwhelms you. Clothe yourself with the garments of taqwa (piety) for you are the most beautiful woman in the world, even if you are barefoot. Beware of the life of bewitching immoral disbelieving women, for they are the fuel of the fire of Hell.

"None shall enter it save the most wicked." (Surah al-Lail, 92:15)

Whenever you go and find darkness in your life; what you have to do is to light the lamp within yourself."

لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّه

~Qabeelat Asad~
-Roar of Faith-
Y
Sweet Muslimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:22 AM   #86
Hafsa_H
Qabeelat Asad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Muslimah
Whenever you go and find darkness in your life; what you have to do is to light the lamp within yourself."
Mashallah, this line is so beautiful.
“What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martydom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel.”
Ibn Taymiyyah
Hafsa_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #87
Nabil Q
Qabeelat Asad

Narrated by Abu Huraira (RA):

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said:

"There is a group of Allaah's angels who move about the streets searching for the people who mention Allaah (swt). When they find a group doing that, they call each other, "Here is what you are looking for." Then they cover that group with their wings right up to the sky.

When these angels return to the heavens, their Lord asks them, although He knows the answer, "What were My Servants saying?"

They say, "They were describing Your holiness and greatness, and were busy praising and glorifying You."

Allaah (swt) then asks, "Have they seen Me?" The angels reply, "By Allaah! They have not seen You."

Allaah (swt) says, "What would they have done if they could see me?" The angels reply, "They would then be even more busy in their worship, glorification, and praise."

Then Allaah (swt) asks, "What did they want from Me?" The angels reply, "They asked You for Jannah (Heaven)."

Allaah (swt) says, "Have they seen it?" They answer, "No, by You! They have not seen it."

Allah (swt) says, "What would they have done if they had seen it?" The angels answer, "Had they seen it, they would desire it more eagerly, and would work harder to deserve it."

Then Allaah (swt) asks, "From what thing did they want Me to protect them?" The angels answer, "They wanted to be protected from Hell."

Allaah (swt) says, "Have they seen it?" They answer, "No, by You! They have not seen it."

Allaah (swt) says, "What would they have done if they had seen it?" The angels answer, "Had they seen it, they would have feared it and run from it even more."

Then Allaah (swt) says, "Be My witnesses: I have forgiven them!"

One of the angels then says, "But among them was a person who is not one of them. He had simply come for something he needed."

Allaah (swt) says, "I have forgiven him too, just because he happened to sit with them. Anyone who sits with those people will not be a loser."

(Sahih Bukhari Volume 8:417)

Old 07-06-2009, 06:24 PM   #88
Neda Abuaun
Ameerah, Banu Amanah

Barik Allah feekum all! These posts are amazing inshallah Allah swt will open all of our hearts so that we may benifit from this KNowledge.

This thread was a great idea Mashallah!
Neda Abuaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:44 PM   #89
sadiav
Qabeelat Asad

"Know, dear son, that days are but hours, and hours are but breaths, and every soul is a container, hence let not any breath pass without any benefit, such as on the Day of Judgment you find an empty container and feel regret! Be aware of every hour and how it passes, and only spend it in the best possible way; do not neglect yourself, but render it accustomed to the noblest and best of actions, and send to your grave that which will please you when you arrive to it.”
- Ibn al-Jawzi

OR

Old 07-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #90
Nabil Q
Qabeelat Asad

It is reported that Sufyân Al-Thawrî – Allâh have mercy on him – said, “Wealth is the disease of this Ummah, and the scholar is the doctor of this Ummah. So if the doctor brings the disease to himself, how will he cure the people?

Al-Dhahabî, Siyar A’lâm Al-Nubalâ`, Vol. 7 p243.