Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Ansar

Old 01-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #1
Maisha*
Qabeelat Ansar

Re: Extreme Makeover: Qabeelah Ansar Edition

wowzers!! our very own extreme makeover!! we really do need those jerseys...we'd be the coolest qabeelat ever...

فرددناه إلى أمه كي تقر عينها ولا تحزن ولتعلم أن وعد الله حق ولكن أكثرهم لا يعلمون
[Surah Qasas; 28:13]
"So did We restore him to his mother, that she might be delighted, and that she might not grieve, and that she might know that the Promise of Allah is true. But most of them know not."
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatiRaheem
Ottawa-Ottawa- Ottawa is R-R-ROCKIN :D aaaw yeah...:thumbsup:
Narrated Anas (ra): The Prophet Salillaahi'Alayhi wa Sallam said, "Love for the Ansar is a sign of faith and hatred for the Ansar is a sign of hypocrisy."

Maisha* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #2
hafsakhan
Qabeelat Ansar

asalamualaikum warahmatullah
ok hodan u got the idea going - now to keep its momentum....
why dont we collaberate and work with the muslim organization that does target the youth and maximize our efforts by working with them ..... ya....im talking about MYO - muslim youth of ottawa - they have experience and resources that would be totally valuable to a joint effort - why not have a meeting b/w q. ansar and MYO - and i mean like NOW kinda soon - cuz i was with hodan....and i saw what she saw.....and let me just say this .......what happened shook me to the core - when we say broad daylight we mean BROAD DAYLIGHT ..... and you had HOW MANY muslims - including grown muslim men walk past.....they all SAW the violence....and they kept going....and a youth was there.....who shouldnt have been there.......one of the thousands of youth of JUST our city in messed up situations and forget how many in the whoooole ummah who need saving - we cant wait anymore.....we really cant......we have to help them....those of us youth who DO go to the masjid and DO attend al maghrib courses and DO try to obey Allah do NOT do this because some greatness or b/c were better than the lost kids - its because ALLAH had mercy on us and guided us....so its OUR job to help...REALLY HELP...our bros and siss who do not have this precious ni'ma that we have - islam.

||| |Rays of Faith||||
Taught by Sh. Waleed Basyouni (Ph.D) Feb 27-Mar 1 & 7-8

hafsakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:50 PM   #3
bint_abubakr
Qabeelat Ansar

Quote:
Organize a monthly booth at OIS. In my opinion, this is
the only school that will let us do this. We need a mini t.v or
laptops that constantly play the trailers. It needs to be set up
in a place that will grab people's attention. There should also be
someone dynamic at the booth as well as a student from the school.
It works well that way, inshaAllah. Pamphelts, flyers, books etc
should be there.
I can arrange to have my sister bring my laptop to work with her on Monday or Tuesday [whenever we have the booth]. I can also get the Trailers on CD from sr. Amirah, inshaa Allah. Please clarify what you will need in terms of books, pamphlets from the office so that we can get the material to the right person.

btw, mashaa Allah guys, i love the energy It's been a while since the Ansar folder has been this busy. Just a small sugggestion inshaa Allah, try to focus your energy by having monthly targets [or something along these lines] so that you're not trying to do too much at once. What often happens is that projects start out with a lot of hype, but the hype dies out and the projects become nearly impossible to sustain.

waAllahu 'alam.

quack

[Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl, 49]
bint_abubakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:56 PM   #4
faithfulone
Qabeelat Ansar

First of all I wanna know what HAPPEN AT THE MASJID 2DAY!!! fill me in ppl

It's true that we need to make effort and reach for the youth Because Soubhannallah cuz What i see in my high school is really ASTAGFIRULLAH .. (get it) and it's mostly caused by MUSLIM YOUTH. BUT first of all before reaching the youth and expanding Almaghrib (cuz let's be 4 real we need new blood). We have to be united as a qabeelat and we're not. Everyone is caught up doing there own thing and whatnot but ... ARE WE REALLY 2gheter?? I mean I'm new to Almaghrib so that means i'm very observant and I see that we're not togheter. We have mashallah alot of people wanting to do things in the future but what good would it be if our foundation isn't firm and stable.. DO YOU GUYS FEEL ME? Walahi my post isn't to insult and offend people I just speak to truth and spit what i hear ANd I know for sure i'm not the only one thinking that way CUZ i had this convo with other sisters In the past.

Here are some things we need to WORK on IMMEDIATLY
1) Communication ......... WE SO LACK IN THAT let's be for real ANSARIES
2) Be more truthful ... I dont know why but muslims nowadays act MISKIN ... LESH? WHY? Let's me straight up man.. WE see a problem or find something wrong or disagree on something WHY NOT TALK ABOUT IT??? YO people are too nice and polite man... And i'm not saying to be mean and rude BUT walahi ... THIS IS SERIOUS... how can we move forward if no one is gonna be REAL.. WAlahi think of the sahabis and the prophet(s.a.w.) and how they did their thing. Speaking your mind isn't lethal ya know
3)UNITY------------CAN't EXPLAIN ANY FURTHER----------- IF we aint togheter... then we will fall in HUMILIATION especially if we want to attract different type of people... THEY JUGE in first impression
4) Peeps don't take Almaghrib Seriously.. Like it's something to put on the side... Maybe cuz we aint united..

THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS IS TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT WE NEED TO WORK ON OURSELVES FIRST IN ORDER TO CHANGE THIS "OK" QAABELAT INTO A PHENOMENAL QABEELAT.... YA ANSARIES I HOPE U CAN FEEL ME ... If i offended some people or anything pLz Be easy and Forgive me.. My intention wasn't to do so... I just gotta keep it real

Ma'salama my bros and sis
faithfulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:55 PM   #5
yamen
Ummat Muhammad

Bismillah,

May our words and energy turn to blessed action. It would be wonderful if Qabeelat Ansar had a lecture with Sh. Muhammad Al Shareef about stories of some of the Ansars in Madinah, and how their code of ethics and code of conduct was, so that we can learn from them and learn to act like them in order to live up to the blessed name of this Qabeela.
yamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:57 PM   #6
Juvé
Qabeelat Ansar

Sister Hodan, I'm saddened to hear that an open act of violence has happened near the main masjid--and no one did anything about it. Wallah, i'm feeling your vigour and I'm loving the energy. I'm definitely down with a meeting--face-to-face! To be honest, i think we've (i mean, i've) become a little..how do we say? apathetic these days---but i think it'll end now
So meeting asap I suppose...I have a lot of fun ideas that have collected cobbwebbs in the back of my mind because I haven't had the proper medium to let 'em loose, but rest assured that Qabeelat Ansar has this dedicated sister on the revival bandwagon!
Juvé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:34 AM   #7
Juvé
Qabeelat Ansar

Wow, it only took me 5 attempts, but I have used my rusty art skills to sketch up a pretty nice mascot for the Ansar I'll bring my sketch book so you all can see it inshallah...today?--i suppose, at the event:P
Old 01-05-2008, 01:25 AM   #8
Amirah
Staff

Ma sha Allah... love the thread and everyone has great ideas that are bring brought forth.

Like many of you have said so far we need to strengthen our Qabeelat and to be honest, a few months ago it would be 3 people going in circles if a thread like this was made. So there;s fresh flesh which is awesome!

The most important aspect (in my opinion) is there needs to be action. We can talk talk talk.. but wats the point if theres no action. So we go over what needs to be addressed.

Bottom line - Someone is not responding to their responsibility --> solution - get someone who will fulfill the responsibility.

I've said this before and I will say it again. We are making progress... it's SLOW...but's it's still progress which is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing to recognize.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:06 AM   #9
faithfulone
Qabeelat Ansar

True......... ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS
I wanna to reach the meeting inshallah We have so much to talk about Ansaries!
faithfulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:57 AM   #10
Juvé
Qabeelat Ansar

I definitely agree with you Mishal--I think your mode of doing business actually does get the job done...besides, hype is for when our events and whatnot are fast approaching or when the morale of the qabeelat is running low--and I don't think that is the problem. I see our situation as a blank canvas so to speak. With some planning and proper organization...inshallah we can make this blank canvas into a sketch...then a mock up...and then an actual piece of beautiful artwork. A truly great piece of art is never beautiful in the middle..only in the end, after all that hard work. So, with my corny allusion, I want to implore everyone to simply be patient and inshallah with effort from EVERYONE, we'll make this qabeelat go from a scribble to a Picasso...