Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Light Of Guidance: Doctrines of Faith I - AQD 101

Old 01-29-2008, 11:08 PM   #1
HiBz EsSenSe ©
Ameerah, Qabeelat Tayybah

Light of Guidance: Testimonials and ambiance

Light of Guidance: Fundamentals of Faith 101: Testimonials and ambiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Alshareef
Bismillah.
One thing I have found is that when a new course comes to town, volunteers have a mini hurdle trying to get a 'feel' for a new seminar ... and this effects the enthusiasm by which they encourage others.

The hurdle that then happens is that 'after' they have attended the first weekend, they brag to their friends about how awesome the course was ... but by that time it's too late. People keep missing the train because they get pumped up 'after' the train has left the station.

So ... I would like to make the testimonials and ambiance thread in each course folder. Simply type up your testimonials and what you thought was awesome about the course. Then, those new Qabeelahs that get this course ... all they have to do is come and view this thread, reading it top to bottom, and then they will have the motivational fuel they need to believe in what they encourage people to attend... BEFORE the seminar and not after.

Bismillah ... tell us what you loved about the Light of Guidance seminar, and it's ambiance
...Let That Be Tha Reason...

HiBz EsSenSe © is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:59 PM   #2
Sibgatullah
Qabeelat Tayybah

Re: Light of Guidance: Testimonials and ambiance

*bump

c'mon, share, inshallah!!

Qabeelat Tayybah, Home of Liwa 2011 and beyond
Sibgatullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:33 PM   #3
Abd As Samad
QShams Crew Member

Bismillaah

Subhaana Allaah nothing to share anyone????

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]www.almaghrib.org/london | www.qshams.org | www.facebook.com/qshams[/font]

....:::::Qabeelat AlShams:::::....

| TB |
LOG | BP | AHS | DL |
WS | VoS | EJ | TPS | EOAC | D2L
ChOC | PP | RF | ? | ?

Abd As Samad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
Kaltham
Banu Hayl

The old LOG folder had many testimonials... It would be nice if people wrote them again since the old folder is completely lost!

This was my first AlMaghrib seminar... I'll never forget how much I did not wanna go to it. It was the last seminar Hayl had before it got shut down, they made an exception and allowed people to take it the second weekend for $82... I made the excuse that it was 'too expensive'! My friend ended up paying for it, and I was still trying to come up with excuses not to attend... Alhamdulilah none of them worked; and i had to sit, listen, and take some notes!

Sh. Yasir Qadhi explained things totally unheard of to me: tawheed, ruboobiyah, uluhiyyah, asma' wa sifaat... it was like foreign language. The most amazing thing was learning about the levels of Islam and what must be done to eventually get jannah. This concept made jannah attainable and lead me to conciously think about where I wanted to be. I remember constantly thinking 'wow this makes sense'... I also remember Sh. Yasir emphasizing the danger of labeling things/people with shirk, kufr and nifaq... But, I didn't really stick to this rule! My friends and cousins always remind me of how freely I used the terms this is shirk, this is nifaq, this is kufr... They were really annoyed, but Alhamdulilah, I now know i was wrong; and Alhamdulilah they also know the class did not promote my actions!

The one thing that made it last longer is Sh. Yasir urging us to study for the exam, he said if this was an exam at the university we all would be pulling all nighters to get the A's, he said the real exam for the class was on the day of judgement... I took this statement to heart, and in the process of studying I was learning the purpose of my life.. Surat alAn'am is a constant reminder of Light of Guidance... especially the verse in which Allah says: "And whomsoever Allah wills to guide, He expands his chest to Islam..." فَمَن يُرِدِ ٱللَّهُ أَن يَهۡدِيَهُ ۥ يَشۡرَحۡ صَدۡرَهُ ۥ لِلۡإِسۡلَـٰمِ*ۖ

Never miss The Light of Guidance if the opportunity comes... Don't give up on those who seem to have the biggest objections to learning Islam... You never know when Allah will guide them...!

Fi Amaani'Laah
|||
And say to My slaves that they should (only) say those words that are the best. Verily Shaitân sows disagreements among them. Surely, Shaitân (Satan) is to man a plain enemy. (Al-Isra 17:53)
Kaltham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:23 AM   #5
Abd As Samad
QShams Crew Member

Bismillah

any links for the gems from the seminar ??

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]www.almaghrib.org/london | www.qshams.org | www.facebook.com/qshams[/font]

....:::::Qabeelat AlShams:::::....

| TB |
LOG | BP | AHS | DL |
WS | VoS | EJ | TPS | EOAC | D2L
ChOC | PP | RF | ? | ?

Abd As Samad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #6
Umm Muhsin
QShams Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forida
salaaam....

i reallly wanna go to the 'Light of Guidance' seminar thats coming up in february inshaa'Allaah, but i just dont think i can afford it!!

inshaa'Allaah, Allaah will provide...

make du'aa that i make it guys!it will be my first al magrib seminar!that reminds me i have to arrange cover for work....any volunteers???lool!

ma'salaama
Wa alaykumu salaam Forida

I'm guessing you will wanna take it with us Londoners in sha Allah

You can apply for a scholarship by emailing scholarships.alshams@googlemail.com and a form will be sent to you in sha Allah.

Alternatively, you can get £10 off by joining a power of ten for which you will have to email
alshams.powerof10@googlemail.com

Hope that helps in sha Allah

BOC | TSP | TB |
LOG | BP | ILM SUMMIT | AHS | DL | SS | ILM WEEK|
WS | VoS | EJ | ILM SUMMIT | TPS | EOAC | D2L
ChOC | PP | RF | ? | ?
Umm Muhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:47 PM   #7
maryam rabeea

alhamdulillah i have attended all of sheikh yasir's seminars and the best testimony that i can give is that i am speechless after every day and wish that the day would never end. we just finished the light of guidance (the second advanced version) and i am missing the class already, and waiting for the next one. sheikh's precise, detailed and academic approach to knowledge (with juicy tangents) topped with superb eloquence are par excellence. i would not wish for any serious student of knowledge to miss any of his seminars/lectures/articles; for that would be very unfortunate and a big loss.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:29 PM   #8
Ali 22
Qabeelat Al-Shams

when i heard sheikh yasir qadhi was comin to town i was like ''what, no way!! i gotta be there''. it was intense the course, loved every second of it. make no second thoughts when u see almaghrib coming to ur town brothers/sister, its a lifetime experience and alhamdulillah they live up to the hype. LoG itself was so beneficial in terms of aqeedah and what to believe and not believe, refutations of the different sects and their methodology, shirk etc. plus the way its structured is so nice masha'Allah (the etiquettes and status of students of knowledge, then main course, etc)

plus the class projects rocked!

May Allah bless the sheikhs and let us keep benefitting from their knowledge. ameen
Ali 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:19 PM   #9
SammoKK
Qabeelat Tayybah

Alhamdullilah, after taking two other classes with the Sheikh, I thought oh yes! This is gonna be awesome. And everyone I met said that this was one intense class.

And as the days went by I found why Light of Guidance came back a second time and I was more impressed by Sheikh Yasir Qadhi and his awesome teaching skills. What is taught in this class is VERY important to know for EVERY muslim and it emphasizes on our beliefs. What we should believe and I think that is essential in our lives, to discover our beliefs so that our Iman is firmer in our hearts.

Alhamdullilah and Jazak Allah Khair.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #10
Bubbles
Qabeelat Durbah

This class is the best wake up call ever!!!!!! Everyone needs to take it!!!!

SUBHANALLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST TAKE THE CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!