Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Aspiring Qabaa'il > Banu Wedad

View Poll Results: Where are you exerting your energy?
Any upcoming advertising events? 5 100.00%
Do you need help? 2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
Ammar123
Banu Wedad

Thumbs up Full Fledge Efforts (FFE)

Al Salamo Alikum Wa Rahamto Allahi Wa Barakatoh, sibilings in-Islam.

This thread is meant for everyone to post any upcoming event that we can attend/advertise in as well as get help in advertising. We ONLY have 22 days, 3 hours, 11 minutes...[you get the idea] until Rays of faith start, inshallah. We need to make the most of our efforts and energy. We will NOT be shut down. Rays of Faith is not the last class Wedad will feature. On the contrary, it will be one of many classes that we will feature and continue to feature, INSHALLAH.

Omar, there is Qiyam at SALAM tomorrow from 8-11 pm. Maybe we can advertise there. Would you like to advertise again at Annur after Jumah?

Riza, how is the Dua'a project going?

Wedad's root word (wed) means love...encourage everyone you can to take the class for the sake of Allah first then for the love wedadians have towards their muslim brothers and sisters.

Let us all, collectively, organize and focus our energy to bring up the numbers. May Allah bless you all, strengthen you and make you all success full. Ameen. Get to work, Pronto!
Ammar123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:22 PM   #2
Omar Mumtaz
Ameer, Banu Wedad

Re: Full Fledge Efforts (FFE)

Masha'Allah!!
Just when I was starting to think where the rijaal (men) are...
and BOOM! I see my dear brother Ammaar with his energetic Full Fledge Efforts Pledge! << hey that rhymes!

I'm with you akhee... we need all the man-power we can get.

I might focus back on the Rancho Musalla this Friday, but maybe you and Rahma can focus on Annur. Its easy to grab a table and start calling people to knowoldge, once you have the will and some flyers

In appreciation of your positive energy (that i LOVE), I want to mention a quote that I also love, and its reported that shaykh waleed mentions it in class:

The Tabi'ee Abu Muslim AlKhawzani who said:

ايظن اصحاب محمد صلى الله عليه وسلم أن يستأثروا به دوننا كلا والله لنزاحمنهم عليه على الحوض حتى يعلموا انهم قد خلفوا رجالا

"Do the companions of Muhammad Sal Allahu Alayhi wa Sallam think that they will have him exclusively without us? No by Allah, we will compete with them towards him at the hawdh (pool), so that they know that they have left behind men."

LETS GO FULL FLEDGE!

Now I see that I should have been more specific."
-Jane Wagner
Omar Mumtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:27 PM   #3
Aisha921
Banu Wedad

RESPONDIN TO EXCUSES

today we were just sitting then a brother came and said salam.... then KABAM we told him about al maghrib... he made excuses but we did not stop... first one sister was talking about al maghrib n ROF then came another sisterand another sister... then there were 3 sisters tryin to convince this one brother to take the class... then he said, inshallah i will register... we struggled to look for on the spot registration forms... we did not find any... then i saw an avaliable comp and made a jump to it... i got the comp n got the brother registered and made him see the trailer. We felt so great.... !!!! I GIVE US FIVE THUMBS UP. yEAHERZZZZZZZZZ
I MEAN ALHUMDULILLAH
Aisha921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #4
Ammar123
Banu Wedad

Al Salamo Alikum Wa Rahamto Allahi Wa Barakatoh.

Imam Qasmi will make an announcement about the ROF. I will pass out flyers. I think it's best to have a couple of volunteers there to help attract/target people. Inshallah, we'll have a good turnout.

Wa Al Salamo Alikum Wa Rahatmo Allahi Wa Baraktoh
Old 02-01-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
Saba Hashmat
Qabeelat Wedad

Walikum Assalam...Subhanallah I will be there today inshallah and will pass out flyers on the sisters' side...Brother Ammar if you can ...in your announcement would you please have Imam Qasmi say that there's a sister (you can say my name) who has the information on the sisters side ...since I don't have a table that would really help with passing out the flyers to individuals and talking to them about it inshallah!

Compassion/Mercy --->--->Jannah
Allah SWT will ask you what you said about a person not what you DIDN'T say
♥Q. Wedad♥

Saba Hashmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
Ammar123
Banu Wedad

Al Salamo Alikum Wa Rahmato Allahi Wa Barakatoh

Sister Saba, your name will be mentioned inshallah. With regards to the tables, I think they have tables at the Mosque. However, it is basically self-serve. Inshallah, when I find out the location, I'll set one up for you.

Wa Al Salamo Alikum Wa Rahmato Allahi Wa Barakatoh.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:15 PM   #7
Saba Hashmat
Qabeelat Wedad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammar123

Sister Saba, your name will be mentioned inshallah. With regards to the tables, I think they have tables at the Mosque. However, it is basically self-serve. Inshallah, when I find out the location, I'll set one up for you.

Wa Al Salamo Alikum Wa Rahmato Allahi Wa Barakatoh.
jazakallahu Khayir....also if you have some extra flyers that would be good ..I only brought a handful (rest are at home)...may or may not be enough for the table....but inshallah it will be fine!

♥Q. Wedad♥

Old 02-01-2008, 05:28 PM   #8
Saba Hashmat
Qabeelat Wedad

didn't need extra flyers turned out I had enough in my car.....alhamdullilah!!

♥Q. Wedad♥

Old 02-01-2008, 05:44 PM   #9
Ammar123
Banu Wedad

I actually set up a table for you by the entrance to the sister section with LOTS of flyers. Unfortunately, one brother that sells products at the masjid (may Allah forgive him), he dragged the table to the men's side and set his stuff on it with the flyers on the side. I found that out when I was packing up. Nonetheless, we passed out many flyers.

Al hamdulillah, we had three men register, and Inshallah much more to come. Today was only the beginning.

To All...Al Salamo Alikum Wa Rahmato Allahi Wa Barakatoh
Old 02-01-2008, 06:17 PM   #10
Saba Hashmat
Qabeelat Wedad

Alhamdullilah!!!! yeah no worries about the table.

♥Q. Wedad♥