Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Heavenly Hues: Thematic Tafseer - QRN 301 > Answered Questions

Old 02-17-2008, 09:28 PM   #1
whitefawn87
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Moses and the purge?!

Salamu alaikum,

I'm giving an Islamic perspective of the story of Musa after descending from Mount Sinai and getting the 10 commandments for one of my college classes. Do we believe Islamically that Musa killed all the Israelites who had worshipped the Golden Calf? From what I know, I thought Allah (swt) order them to kill themselves in order to repent, and they just smacked each other around, and only the creator of the golden calf was exiled.. Is this correct?

Jazakum Allahu Khairan
Asalamu alaikum
-reem
whitefawn87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:56 PM   #2
Yaser Birjas

Re: Moses and the purge?!

That latter is true according to Tafsir Ibn Kathir rahimahullah. They were commanded to kill those who worshipped the calf.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
whitefawn87
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Jazakum Allahu khairan!!
Old 02-23-2008, 09:51 PM   #4
Ahmed Ibn Hassan
Ummat Muhammad

I also took a class (world religions) and Judaism reflects upon this… Having not knowing many things about Judaism … (I have to say they have *some* key beliefs same with Islam, but differ in many important aspects of faith.) I know that this class some how increase my emaan, as far as knowing how lucky we are to be Muslims.