Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > A Heart Serene: Studies in Tazkiyah - ADB 102

Old 11-27-2007, 07:11 PM   #1
Saqib Shafi
Ameer, Qabeelat Wasat

Why A Heart Serene was phenomenal

Assalaamu alaykum,

After the seminar ended, I turned to AbdelRahman, one of the brothers who came with me from Chicago, and asked "What do you possibly tell people? How can you explain to them?" We were talking about what to tell people about what they had missed.

Brothers and sisters reading this, I don't even know how to explain how phenomenal this seminar was. It's like: wa ma adraa ka ma A Heart Serene with Shaykh Riad Ourzazi? Words cannot even explain how awesome it was. I don't remember how many times I turned to AbdelRahman or Faiez or Jibran during the seminar asking, "why is this instructor leaving???"

It was definitely one of the best AlMaghrib seminars... no... best EXPERIENCES of my life. I had been looking for an Eman Rush and found iand Eman Erruption in this seminar. Spending two weekends with the works of Ibn al-Qayyim, Shaykh Riad, my loved ones, and a packed classroom has done wonders for me. I wish every Muslim in the world could have experienced it, as well.

To AlMaghrib HQ and to Shaykh Riad, please bring back this class to ALL of North America, especially the United States and especially Chicago.

All praise is to Allah. JazaakAllah khair to all those from HQ who set this class up, to Shaykh Riad, to Qabeelat Ittihaad for their incredible organization and work, to Atiq Nakrawala and Tariq's family for hosting us travelers, and to everyone who was there that made the experience so amazing all together.

Saqib
Saqib Shafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:26 PM   #2
AbdelRahmanMurphy
Qabeelat Wasat

Re: Why A Heart Serene was phenomenal

It's just the age old AlMaghrib tale of telling people "It was good Alhamdulilah," when it was really amazing.

This class changed my life, I really don't know how else to put it. The material, the way it was taught, the atmosphere - it became one of those checkpoints or milestones in my life where I said to myself, "Ok, it's time to change."

Alhamdulilah.

Ameen to Saqib's du'aa, and I echo his thanks.

"Thus, have We made of you an Ummat justly balanced, that ye might be witnesses over the nations, and the Messenger a witness over yourselves..." Surat al-Baqarah 2:143

Qabeelat Wasat reppin Chi-Town,
Showin all Qabaa`il how AlMaghrib gets down.
Word up to the Shuyookh.

AbdelRahmanMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
Kaltham
Banu Hayl

Assalaamu Aleeykum wa Rahmatu Allah....

I was thinking today, this class was more than just amazing... I feel that Allah has given me the best gift this year by allowing me to attend this seminar... I wish AlMaghrib HQ will pursue that Sh. Riad comes back even once a year to teach this class? I know it is a lot for the Shaykh to leave his family and work, but I'm pretty sure the amount of benefit this class brings about will lure him into considering it... May Allah bless this institution that has been a bridge to guidance for many Muslims and non Muslims..

A Heart Serene should be a must for any student of knowledge, for any Muslim, and for anyone that is looking for ultimate success in this Dunya and the Akhira...

Honestly, the first weekend made me so sad... I had never walked out of a class and implemented everything that same night.. It came at at the right time. Fii Amaani'Laah
|||
And say to My slaves that they should (only) say those words that are the best. Verily Shaitân sows disagreements among them. Surely, Shaitân (Satan) is to man a plain enemy. (Al-Isra 17:53)
Kaltham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:50 PM   #4
Asha
Ameerah, Qabeelat Haadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaltham

A Heart Serene should be a must for any student of knowledge, for any Muslim, and for anyone that is looking for ultimate success in this Dunya and the Akhira...
This is really making me sad, Ya Haadi what is goin on how come this class didn't come here or did it? am not sure but all the talk about this class being life changing and the wrestling and the hugs
I want a hug and i want(well not wrestle) but Sh. Riad to come here. All the testamonials about the him and how much of an eman booster it was makes me feel like i missed out. Sh. Riad we well seriously miss you and may Allah grant you and your family the highest level of Jannah.
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:48 AM   #5
TheBosnianMuslim
Qabeelat Ittihaad

I'd have to say that this is the best Almaghrib class I've ever taken. Ibn al-Qayyim's work coupled with Shaykh Riad resulted in something very special.

Jazak Allahu Khair to all who have made this class possible. It's very sad to see the shaykh leaving, but we wish him the very best.

TheBosnianMuslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:11 AM   #6
shukr or sabr
Qabeelat Ittihaad

I know I'm repeating what others say, but honestly it was also my best class. It makes me sit down and reflect deeply. I want to be a student of knowledge but where does my heart stand in all of this? Do I actually practise what I study?

Does Sh. Riad really have to leave? HQ, please let us have at least ONE MORE class with the shaykh. Pretty please .
shukr or sabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:47 PM   #7
BintAbshir
Qabeelat Majd

Bismillah.

My Heart aches for this seminar to come to Toronto!!

*breathess in..out*
BintAbshir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:09 PM   #8
*~StRiViNg_4_JaNnAh~*
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BintAbshir
Bismillah.

My Heart aches for this seminar to come to Toronto!!

*breathess in..out*
my heart aches to take this seminar AGAIN!!!
*You know the Shaytan, yet you agree with him.*

and you say that your du'aa is not answered. . . .
*~StRiViNg_4_JaNnAh~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:54 PM   #9
MuslimSista
Ummat Muhammad

http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=23724&page=2
Quote:
Riad Ouarzazi vbmenu_register("postmenu_233271", true);
AlMaghrib Instructor

Re: Awesome 'struggling with your nafs' stories
Al-Maghrib will make that announcement in the near future insha'Allah. I'm planning to come to Toronto in the summer insha'Allah to deliver the Heart Serene. I'll plan for it better insha'Allah once in Dubai.
Alhamdulilah its coming to Toronto, InshaAllah we don't mind repeating this class thousand times....Can't wait inshaAllah.....
"The believer has four characteristics. If he is afflicted by any misfortune, he remains patient and steadfast. If he is given anything, he is grateful. If he speaks, he speaks the truth. If he passes a judgment on any issue, he is just."

MuslimSista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #10
maryaam_19
Ummat Muhammad

Bismillah, Salaam a’laikum I took this class in Ottawa in October-November. I wanted to write in the testimonials and ambiance section of this seminar immediately but I didn’t have word to describe it. So I thought may be I should wait and think! It’s January 1st 2008 and finally I give up trying to find words to describe this class.

Insha Allah make crazy dua that Allah (SWT) gives blessing of learning this material period. I really believe that the material of this class is essential for every muslim to know. It brought together many topics that we learnt in other courses, but the main thing it did for me was to put flesh on bones. Or dress on nakedness!

I know I am not making sense with my analogy. All the Islamic knowledge that we’re learning is first and foremost so we can worship Allah and be the best servant that we can be. Sometimes we forget that we’re not seeking knowledge in and off itself but every class that you take is to help you understand a bit further how Allah wants us to worship him and insha Allah in addition to help other people in their journey as well. But it has to start with you. This class helped me make that connection in a profound way, It helped me give more meaning to the knowledge that Allah (SWT) has already blessed me with. It made me want to get closer to Allah by using what I already know and further increase in knowledge as well.

I was able to bring together information that I learn from the previous courses. I was able to connect with the ahadith and ayahs that most of them I really knew walking into the class. Connection in such a way that Insha Allah that infomation was transferred from my brain to my heart and insha Allah into my limbs (working on this limbs part)

This class gives a face to the puzzle that I am (we as muslims are) solving; it helped me see the frame. It helped me appreciate the Greatness of Allah and to really question what I am doing to attain his pleasure. You end up believing that you really want jannah but most of ALL you want Allah (SWT) to be pleased with you. To understand what I am saying please take the class and you’ll understand why I am having a hard time describing it.

If you get to take the material for Shk Raid then say Alhamduillah billion times. I really wouldn’t have anyone else teach it, even though I think the material is such that any of the instructors would make a wonderful teacher. I think He is UNIQUE human being and I’ll leave it at that! And May Allah reward Him for teaching us about humbleness, loving for the sake of Allah and sincerity. I couldn’t help but yearn for those qualities. May Allah increase him goodness and protect him.

I pray that Allah (SWT) blesses you with this class and may He make those of us who took it put their knowledge into practise for his sake.ameen.

Salaam a’laikum

Invite People 2 Islam:Imagine you are sleeping in the middle of the night, and someone you invited to Islam is praying in the MIDDLE of the night to Allah( SWT)...imagine....Don't be a miserly with yourself!
maryaam_19 is offline   Reply With Quote