Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Ansar

Old 03-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #1
Muhammad Alshareef
Founder/Director of AlMaghrib Institute, EmanRush Audio & Khutbah.com

I need video uploading help: perished nations

as salamu alaykum,
Jazakum Allahu khayr for all the awesome brothers and sisters who have been attending OMA for the Perished Nations Halaqah series.

If you have been following on the blog, I release the videos the day after the Halaqah. However, there has been a glitch in the system, so I'm refreshing the 'upload video system.'

I need TWO people, (and i have a lot of trust in the sisters) who are willing to be at the Halaqah, take the video recorder and upload it the same night to Youtube.

This is a position very close to my da'wah, so we are talking Ihsaan to the MAXIMUM. Like, if you have an excuse, ever, that's your last day of volunteering with me. EVER.

Who's up for the challenge? You need to know how to upload a video, and you need to be at all the halaqahs (there is only one left this coming Tuesday, but for future stuff.)

Bring it on...

(if you don't qualify, think of someone who does qualify and forward this thread to them.)

Last edited by Muhammad Alshareef; 03-07-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Muhammad Alshareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:34 PM   #2
Juvé
Qabeelat Ansar

Re: I need video uploading help: perished nations

walaykum assalaam.

I can't come to the perished nations because of work (and i can't book off last minute this time)...but for future stuff i can definitely help--i know how to work youtube pretty well .
Juvé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:29 PM   #3
Bilane
Qabeelat Ansar

I can do it too. Do I need a specific program to format the video before uploading it?
Bilane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
Muhammad Alshareef
Founder/Director of AlMaghrib Institute, EmanRush Audio & Khutbah.com

jazakum Allahu khayr for the response. Alhamdulillah a lot of people are going to be benefitting from these videos around the world, so I need to build the Ottawa crew to be at the top of their game, in sha Allah.

Even though this is volunteer, i still kinda need to filter/interview

Juve: jazakum Allahu khayr for the intentions. the position is going to require the person to be present at any events that I do, and some will be last minute notice kinda things, so it'll be hard if you have work at that time.

sr.Bilane: are you able to attend wherever the lectures are being held? Do you have that kind of flexibility? (in general of course, there will be backups)

also, what kind of experience do you have in uploading videos? formatting videos?
Muhammad Alshareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:09 PM   #5
Bilane
Qabeelat Ansar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Alshareef

sr.Bilane: are you able to attend wherever the lectures are being held? Do you have that kind of flexibility? (in general of course, there will be backups)
Yes, except if it the lecture is being held somewhere not easily accessible by bus or between 8am to 4pm.

Quote:
also, what kind of experience do you have in uploading videos? formatting videos?
I have general knowledge when it comes to formating videos (from flv to wmv etc...). I've formated couple of videos before uploading them on youtube.

Last edited by bilane; 03-30-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Bilane is offline   Reply With Quote