Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Partners > Khutbah.com

Old 03-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
Intisar
Staff

Smile Perished Nations Episode 3 Question

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatuallah,

I have been having trouble signing into Khutbah.com for some reasons, therefore, I am using my friends login to ask Shayk Muhammad an important question that came up in the 3rd episode of Perished Nations.

My question is as follows:

It is about using dead sea products that was mentioned in the halaqa last Tuesday. From my understanding, and from what I have been told is that its better to stay away from these products. They have dead sea minearls in many products SubhanAllah and has become very popluar, I am simply asking because I am not sure if you were going to mention it at the halaqa or not and did not have the time to mention anything about it. Jazak Allahu Khairan,

Wasalaamu Alaikum
Intisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:30 PM   #2
Bilane
Qabeelat Ansar

Re: Perished Nations Episode 3 Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intisar
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatuallah,

I have been having trouble signing into Khutbah.com for some reasons, therefore, I am using my friends login to ask Shayk Muhammad an important question that came up in the 3rd episode of Perished Nations.

My question is as follows:

It is about using dead sea products that was mentioned in the halaqa last Tuesday. From my understanding, and from what I have been told is that its better to stay away from these products. They have dead sea minearls in many products SubhanAllah and has become very popluar, I am simply asking because I am not sure if you were going to mention it at the halaqa or not and did not have the time to mention anything about it. Jazak Allahu Khairan,

Wasalaamu Alaikum
BUMP

I've been wondering about the same thing too.
Bilane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:59 AM   #3
Muhammad Alshareef
Founder/Director of AlMaghrib Institute, EmanRush Audio & Khutbah.com

Re: Perished Nations Episode 3 Question

Bismillah.

As we learned about the people of Thamood, the Prophet, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, ordered the companions to hasten through that area, and not enter it except if they were crying.

Some of the companions had used the water from the wells in that area. And the Prophet, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, commanded them to dump the water and not benefit from it because this was a place in which Allah destroyed a nation.

"I fear that what befell them will befall you." - Rasul Allah, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam.

Now, the dead sea is the place where Qawmi Lut was destroyed. Sadoom.

If you find products that have minerals from the dead sea, it is encouraged to NOT use those products. Like, you read the ingredients, and they say "minerals from the dead sea", to you that's like a no-no, put the product back on the shelf.

On IslamQA, the shaykh was mentioning that if it's a necessity, there is no other alternative, and it's like for medical reasons prescribed by a doctor ... then in sha Allah it's ok to use it.

But otherwise one should stay away from it.

wAllahu 'alam.
Muhammad Alshareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #4
Layl7
Qabeelat Ansar

Smile Re: Perished Nations Episode 3 Question

JazakAllahu Khairan Shaykh,

There are quite a few products these days with dead sea minerals in them, I pray InshaAllah everyone benefits from this question/answer
Layl7 is offline   Reply With Quote