Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Torch Bearers: Scholars of Islam - HST 301

Old 03-17-2008, 12:10 AM   #1
HiBz EsSenSe ©
Ameerah, Qabeelat Tayybah

Torch Bearers: testimonials and ambiance

Torch Bearers: testimonials and ambiance
taught by Shaykh Waleed Basyouni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Alshareef

Bismillah.
One thing I have found is that when a new course comes to town, volunteers have a mini hurdle trying to get a 'feel' for a new seminar ... and this effects the enthusiasm by which they encourage others.

The hurdle that then happens is that 'after' they have attended the first weekend, they brag to their friends about how awesome the course was ... but by that time it's too late. People keep missing the train because they get pumped up 'after' the train has left the station.

So ... I would like to make the testimonials and ambiance thread in each course folder. Simply type up your testimonials and what you thought was awesome about the course. Then, those new Qabeelahs that get this course ... all they have to do is come and view this thread, reading it top to bottom, and then they will have the motivational fuel they need to believe in what they encourage people to attend... BEFORE the seminar and not after.

Bismillah ... tell us what you loved about the Torch Bearers seminar, and it's ambiance:
...Let That Be Tha Reason...

Last edited by HiBz EsSenSe ©; 11-03-2008 at 09:22 PM.
HiBz EsSenSe © is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
BlessedMuslimah

Re: Torch Bearers: testimonials and ambiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komal
oh no! where did all the testimonials gooo?
It's kind of confusing, but there are two torch bearer folders on the forums. You can find the other testimonials here:

http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=24484
Old 04-07-2008, 03:18 PM   #3
adeel_ali
Ummat Muhammad

Awsome class alhamdulillah. May Allah reward Sheikh Waleed and the whole Hosna crew for bringing this to us.

I was amazed to see the effort put in by Sheikh Waleed in selecting the scholars that he wanted to discuss in this class. The diverse group of scholars justified the title for this course. It would have been really easy for him to choose the four Imams and a few others, but that would have just kept us within a 100 years of muslim history.

I believe that this course deserves to be a two weekend seminar. We missed out on a number of activities due to lack of time. Not to mention a number of stories that the Sheikh wasn't able to narrate in detail.
adeel_ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:05 AM   #4
spana3rabia

Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah,

My testimonial:

The thought of studying and learning about the lives of female scholarsnever particularly struck me in any way...#1 because I had never really thought about the possibility of a female scholar in modern times and especially not in the "backwards" past.
# 2 I myself, had never done the research necessary to find out about the great scholars in Islamic history nonetheless find out the history of a female scholar.

SubhanAllah, this class is just as important if not even more important than one would initially think before taking the class. We found out through this class, in learning about the great and not so great history of the muslims and Islam over several different regions, that the past wasn't infact so backwards. In fact, I have come to the conclusion that our "modern" times are more backwards than the societies of dignified muslims in our great history.

Women were not treated as mere servants to their husbands. There were women who were in the very forefront in gathering and spreading a sacred 'Ilm.

They learned and TAUGHT.
We learned from Sh. Waleed that Ahmad ibn Alee ibn Hajar, a famous scholar known to be one of the richest people in Egypt in his time, (orig Palestinian) had learned from 55 female teachers, A'isha Ash-Shara'ihi being among them.

We learned about Fatimah As-Samarqandee whose father, also a scholar, encouraged her in her pursuit of knowledge, not restricting her like we see some husbands and fathers oppressing on their female relatives(unfort, I blame this on cultural backwardness).

There was so much to be learned in this class taught by Sh Waleed Basyouni. I truly wish it could have been extended to two weekends instead of just one. But Alhamdulillah, so much knowledge and motivation was gained in just one weekend.

Who knew one could learn so much in such a short amount of time.

SubhanAllah, Allah truly puts barakah in the time of those who do good for the sake of Allah.

This reminds me of another scholar who we learned about who had great time management. SubhanAllah, if only all of us could get so much done in one single day as he had done.

I won't give away any more(not even the name of that last scholar, Rahimahullah) you are all just going to have to take the class to find out more about our famous scholars in Islam.

My advice to all is this: Go in for the sake of Allah, ready to learn, and insha'Allah, you will not regret a single second.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:28 AM   #5
Sr. Reehab
Ameerah, Qabeelat Hosna

Assalamu Alaykum,

This class was, to say the least, Awesome beyond Awesome...wa Alhamdulilah.

We always talk about how we want to be successful and make it to jannah...but how hard are we actually trying? How do we expect to make it to Jannah if we dont even take the time to figure out how people in the past tried to get there?

in Torch bearers, Sh. waleed takes you back in time and tells the vivid stories behind the people who took on this world with their successful akhira in their line of sight (inshaAllah). During this course we pretty much walked along side the scholars getting an inside look to see how they did what they did.

It was utterly amazing to see how much fruit came from the 24 hours that these scholars had in their days. Often times what they did in a day exceeds what any of us have done in even a year, maybe even all our lives.

Also, this class is by far the most interactive AlMaghrib class i have been to. This one weeked was filled with unforgetable activites!

Torch Bearers made me truely love these scholars of the past and made me want to be like them even more. Not only that buutttt:

I heard from Sheikh Waleed Khalid Basyouni, On the Authority of Shaykh Abee Abdillah, Thana'ullah ibn Eesa Khan Al-Albanee, On the Authority of Muhammad Abduh Alfalah, On the Authority of Muhammad Adtham Al Jawandalawee, On the Authority of AbdulMannan Al Wazeer Abaadee, On the Authority of Nadheer Hasan, On the Authority of Muhammad is-haaq Al Umaaree, On the Authority of Abdil Azeez Ad-Dahlawee, On the Authority of Abee Taahir Muhammad Ibraheem Al Kurdee, On the Authority of Ibraheem Alkurdee, On the Authority of Abdillah ibn Salim Al Basree, On the Authority of Muhammad ibn Alaa AlBabilee, On the Authority of Salim ASamhooree, On the Authority of AnNajm Al Aydhee, On the Authority of Az-Zain Zakariyya Alansaree, On the Authority of Alhafidh ibn hajar Al-Asqalanee, On the Authority of AlBurhan Ash Shamee, On the Authority of Shihabiddeen ibn Shahnah, On the Authority of AsSiraj ibn Al Mubarak AzZubaidee, On the Authority of Abdil Awwal ibn Eesa Al Barawee, On the Authority of AbdirRahman Muhammad AdDawoodee, On the Authority of Abdillah ibn Ahmad AsSarkhsee, On the Authority of Muhammad ibn Yousud Al Farabree, On the Authority of Al Imam Muhammad ibn Ismaeel al Bukharee, On the Authority of Abee Nu'aym, On the Authority of Sufyan Ath-Thawree, On the Authority of Sulayman ibn Mahran AlA'mash, On the Authority of Abee Wa'il, On the Authority of Abee Moosa AlAsh'aree

That the Prophet (sal Allahu Alayhi wassalam) was asked about a person who loves another but has not reached their level. The Prophet (sal Allahu Alayhi wa sallam) said (what means) A person will be witht he ones whom he loves.

~~~~~~~~~~~`
If you want to *be* with these people in jannah (inshaAllah), you must love them...to love them...you must know them...to know them you must study them. This class is that golden oppurtunity.

May Allah join us with the scholars whom we love and above all with the Prophet salla Allahu alayhi wasalam in Jannah.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Sr. Reehab; 04-08-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Sr. Reehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:28 AM   #6
RimzaAW
Qabeelat Hosna

AsSallamu Alaykum wa RahmatuAllahi wa Barakatuhu,

Sitting in this class, you are in awe of the lives of these men and women, who are huge beacons of ilm. It's from men and women like these that we have ilm at the tips of our fingers yet are profoudly unaware of the great sacrifices they have made, to bring us this knowledge.

This class is eye-opening, despite the surroundings and external factors these men and women were able to maintain knowledge and spread it. Most of them lived in times of trials that are far greater in comparison than what we are faced with today and were able to maintain such high levels of worship.

This class is a splash of cold water on our dull and sleepy souls.

Jazak-Allahu Khairan Sheikh Waleed for this class.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:25 AM   #7
HaythamSoliman
Ameer, Qabeelat Hosna

Simply...... An Awesome Inspiring Seminar...Cant Afford to Miss it...

Old 04-21-2008, 10:47 PM   #8
achiiarablarki
Ummat Muhammad

Alhamdulillah! I loved it.

It was my first AlMaghrib class and I thoroughly enjoyed. I never got to learn about the scholars at that level before.

I don't know what else to say... I think I'm still in awe! Mashallah!

Jazakum Allahu Khairan to the Hosna crew and Shaikh Waleed for an amazing class!
achiiarablarki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #9
Sr.Sara
Ummat Muhammad

This is one of those classes that you can go back and relive--of course only to a certain extent, but it was filled with stories, biographies from which major benefit can be reaped far after the conclusion of the course. Reading through my notes brings back so many memories...
I feel like I was overwhelmed with love for this class while it was happening and at its end, but the benefits have really started to come in the time since the course ended. This is how courses are supposed to truly benefit, and thus, Shaykh Waleed has done an amazing job mashaAllah with putting together the course content.

If you can travel for knowledge--and there is a way inshaAllah (du'aa!), do it for this course. You really don't want to miss it.

I'm serious...

Abd Allah b. Shawdhab (d. 157 AH/774 CE) said,

"Verily, it is from the happiness of a youth or a foreigner that Allah guides them to a scholar from Ahl as-Sunnah."
al-Laalikaa'ee in Sharh Usoolul - I'tiqaad (no.30)

Sr.Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:08 AM   #10
Naima Abdulkadir
Banu Hayl

Aslamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatulahi Wa Barakatu,

I have no words to describe this class. I took about 7 almaghrib classes and so far this one was the best. May Allah reward the sheikh for doing this for us.

I've noticed with some of the previous classes I took with almaghrib it was little difficult and the knowledge was little bit to high for me but not with this one. You don't have to have lots of knowledge to take this class.

If I tried to describe what I've gained this past weekend I won't do justice so I would tell everyone to take this seminar if they get the chance.
Naima Abdulkadir is offline   Reply With Quote