Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Torch Bearers: Scholars of Islam - HST 301

Old 11-05-2008, 02:54 AM   #41
SammoKK
Qabeelat Tayybah

Re: Torch Bearers: testimonials and ambiance

Alhamdullilah, the seminar was a great experience and I learned alot. Many thanks to Sheikh Waleed, the Ijaazah is a rare and precious gift, and the classes were awesome (so was the binder and bookmark)! Looking forward to taking more classes in the future, inshallah.

hats off to Qabeelat Tayybah for the hospitality!

Samia
SammoKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:37 PM   #42
Sr.Sara
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by abd min ibaad Allah
This was truly one of the greatest and most beneficial classes I have ever taken. I was amazed at how much I do not know about all of the wonderful scholars who had a great impact on our receiving our deen. All the visuals and activities really made the class all the more enjoyable and connected us with the people we were learning about. And the ijaaza, I am sure we would all agree it is amazing, giving us a direct connection to the source of all the knowledge our Creator gave to us, subhan Allah.

My hope now is that Allah gives me the ability to keep this knowledge alive, that we pass it on and contribute to the revival of the sunnah. Know that this requires effort, struggle with yourself and never forget to make duaa.
taken from the Tayybah TB GEMS thread.

Abd Allah b. Shawdhab (d. 157 AH/774 CE) said,

"Verily, it is from the happiness of a youth or a foreigner that Allah guides them to a scholar from Ahl as-Sunnah."
al-Laalikaa'ee in Sharh Usoolul - I'tiqaad (no.30)

Sr.Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:50 PM   #43
Bint Zeena
Qabeelat Majd

Masha Allah! This was an absolutely amazing course! I thought that ...oh we're going to learn about history - its going to be dry and prepare to do a lot of writing!
Not so! I was so wrong.

I felt as if I was taken back in time - in awe - of the stories I heard, the lives of these scholars who I never heard of before and the legacy they left for us. Masha Allah.

Sh Waleed brought these scholars "to life" in our minds though his worderful art of storytelling. I enjoyed every moment of it and am grateful to Allah for this opportunity.

Jazzak Allahu khairan Sh Waleed for taking the time to make this couse special for us. Setting the stage for the scholars from India with the spicy samosas, the kurta you wore. Bringing the pefumes, the books, the clothes. You thought of everything. It was a wonderful experience - and we appreciate it.

May Allah reward you and all those who helped to make this course a success. I love the binders!
Bint Zeena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:33 PM   #44
Generous_1
Ummat Muhammad

One of the best classes I have done so far. I enjoyed all the stories, I could relate better to that of Ibn Hajar and Fatimah Sarmaqandiyah. Amazing two weeks. And the ijazah bit was the best part of it all. I have an ijazah, it's my first ever lol, hopefully it will motivate me to go out there and get some more. Sheikh Waleed rocks definetly.
Generous_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:18 PM   #45
Hippo
Ummat Muhammad

that was the AWESOMEST Class subhanAllah... More then anything im just soooo impressed at the amount of time and energy that went by Shaykh Waleed... This class was honestly planned down to the detail and im more then anything i am now even more excited for having Shaykh Waleed as VP..makes me wonder where he will take AlMaghrib!

Ive learnt so many lesssons...not just from the content, but the importance of putting ihsaan into anything you start ..( ya'll GOTTA take the class to know what i am talking about)..Shaykh Waleed your planning to the details didnt go unpassed the students thats all the ppl are talking about...samosa's/standing on Chairs..holding hands with 50 ppl and aromatic room!

i really feel like this class was so important for me to learn how to live as a muslimah and how to step up my game and on how i could become a torch bearer myself!

DO NOT MISS OUT ON THIS CLASS!
Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #46
saadiam
Qabeelat Majd

Assalaamu Alaikum,

This was my first al maghrib class ever and I have to say it was phenominal!! Sheikh Waleed was an amazing instructor mashallah! The class was both extremely informative and engaging! The was never really a dull moment and the torch bearers that were chosen and were truly exemplary! I would definetly suggest that you take this course when it comes into town inshallah!
saadiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #47
arsheya
Ummat Muhammad

Alhumdulillah this course was very informative and inspiring. May Allah Azza Wajal bless the sheikh for giving his time and effort in teaching such an intense course subject..! I especially enjoyed the lessons at the end of each scholar...! InshAllah I hope to take the next al maghrib course as well..!
arsheya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:20 AM   #48
Muslimah
Qabeelat Majd

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmutulah

This was a truly beneficial and inspiring class, alhumdullilah. I was really looking forward to this class and I wanted to understanding the personalities and characters of these great individuals and what they did to reach the highest they can in this world and the next.

Alhumdullilah, I have been inspired by these incredible scholars and to be like them who have also come after the Prophet Muhammed SAW and who have done their best to spread the Sunnah and follow the correct way of the Quran and hadiths and following the righteous of the Sahabah. Mashallah, by learning about the lives of these scholars, it has helped develop my understanding of how to follow the way of the Quran and Sunnah as a Muslim who has come after the Sahabah.

It is inspiring to learn how they were approachable to everybody, their keen taqwa of all their affairs before Allah, and their devoted ibadah in the day and night, made me realize how important time is to remember Allah and be close to Him as much as possible. I realize their strength and inspiration has come from Allah because of how careful they were of their time on earth and their loyal devotion.
Muslimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:23 AM   #49
Sr.Sara
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaan_Ca
Masha'allah this class has officially become "My favorite class" to date. The way the shaykh made the scholars come to life for us was incredible. I cant even begin to describe how inspirational this class is and how much information I was able to walk away with. May Allah (swt) reward shaykh Waleed Basyouni in this life as well as the next.

From Qabeelat Wedad's GEMs

"Verily, it is from the happiness of a youth or a foreigner that Allah guides them to a scholar from Ahl as-Sunnah."

Old 01-26-2009, 11:43 AM   #50
Sr.Sara
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizak
Allahu Akbar, this entire class was a gem.

I loved it, mashaAllah may Allah reward Shaykh Waleed! Ameen!

This class softens the heart, sets your priorities strait and launches you into action. It was great hearing motivating stories of the Torch Bearers of Islam, how they struggled sooo much just to preserve Islam. They wen't out on a limb out of love for their people and love for Allah, they did so much!

When you hear about how the Scholars aspired to be so much it's inspiring! Not only did they WANT, they took ACTION. They stood up in the ugly face of injustice and fitnah, they became humbled with knowledge and gave up so much on the path to Jannah inshaAllah.

Their stories are truly motivating an uplifting! For example, To hear that a 60 year old woman didn't just give up and wait for death in a palace, she stood up and took a more dignified route.

She proceeded to Makkah and made her own living, the people of Makkah didn't find out until after her death that she was the Daughter of a King, the wife of two kings, the mother of two kings, the sister of a king and the grandmother of a king. Truly, The Cream of Royalty.

This class will take you on a journey through the lives of the scholars of Islam and you will feel as if they are right in front of you. Allahu Akbar, from poverty to wealth, from youth to old age, from nation to nation, from culture to culture, from the sharpest memories to the best handwriting... you will find this class nothing short of descriptive and amazing.
From Qabeelat Wedad's GEMs