Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Torch Bearers: Scholars of Islam - HST 301

Old 01-26-2009, 06:42 PM   #51
Saba Hashmat
Qabeelat Wedad

Re: Torch Bearers: testimonials and ambiance

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahu Wa Barakathahu,

If you have taken a couple of al-maghrib classes before, brace yourself this is different than any other. Everything from the small notebook (which I loved because it reminded me of a book and I love writing notes in the margins of my books), to the many activites to the ijazza we receive at the end makes this class stand out.

As we were going through the different scholars I kept thinking that this is just a short story on their lives but imagine if we actually did more research and read the whole book, what great treasures we would find there. This class revives your thirst for knowledge and makes you once again realize how much you don't know.

If you are having trouble meeting your goals, or lacking the motivation for it, take this class and your viewpoints will change and your motivation will come back.

I personally love learning about the women scholars. Learning about these scholars made me realize that we as women don't have to give up what we are good at. We too can have confidence in ourselves, be knowledgable enough in the deen to have our opinions be respected, work towards bettering our society all at the same time obeying Allah SWT & being submissive to our husbands. The former does not have to contradict the latter. This last point I learned from the class is still taking a while to sink in. This class is on my list of classes to retake inshallah.

Compassion/Mercy --->--->Jannah
Allah SWT will ask you what you said about a person not what you DIDN'T say
♥Q. Wedad♥

Saba Hashmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:21 PM   #52
Sr.Sara
Ummat Muhammad

AssalaamAlaikum,
Alhamdulliah, this was an amazing class and Sheikh Waleed Basyouni is a well rounded instructor. This was my first class with him and he has lived up to the reputation of being a good story teller.
What really stuck in my mind was when he said,"If your child has a talent for something, support them in what they want to do."
As a parent of a six year old, my son tells me over and over..."InshaAllah mommy, when I grow uo I want to be the Imam for our Masjid, I also want to be the doctor that help babies come out and I want to the first Muslim baseball player to break Barry Bonds record" (I kid you not). My husband and I always have the same response..."son, I don't think you can do all that, lets just focus on being the best Muslim we can be and maybe when you get older you can pick one".
After taken this class, I came to the realization that he can be all these things. He can be a student of knowledge, help babies come out and be a positive Muslim figure in the public eye, InshaAllah.
WHY NOT??? I've learn not to undermind our childrens goals and ambitions. Skies the limit!
With the guidance Allah (SWT) and supportive family, our future generation will make a postive differance in our Ummah, InshaAllah.
I ask Allah (SWT) to keep us and our children on the straight path, forgive us for our shortcoming, shower his mercy upon the believers and grant us Jennah...Ameen.

From Qabeelat Wedad's GEMs

Abd Allah b. Shawdhab (d. 157 AH/774 CE) said,

"Verily, it is from the happiness of a youth or a foreigner that Allah guides them to a scholar from Ahl as-Sunnah."
al-Laalikaa'ee in Sharh Usoolul - I'tiqaad (no.30)

Sr.Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:12 PM   #53
Minal Ansar
Qabeelat Haadi

As Salam O Alaikum Wa Rahmat Ullaah Wa Barakatuhu,

This is real motivational course. You come out of this course and have tons of ideas how to better your life for this world and most important for the hereafter. You get real life examples from great scholars of Islam, how they strive to get ilum, how they responded to fitnas of their time and what they were able to accomplish.

Insha Allaah we can accomplish much more from our life and have huge reward waiting after we die.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #54
maimoona
Qabeelat Al-Shams

how cum torch bearers has bcum a single weekend course. In london we had a double weekend course! (not to show off or anthing lool)

Do you claim to follow him The Prophet sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam)?

Do we know what his sunnah is (sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam)?

The Prophet (sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:

"None of you becomes a believer until I am dearer to him than his children, his parents and all mankind."
[Bukhari & Muslim]

The Prophet's Smile

Characteristics of the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu'alayhi wa sallam)

August 6th-8th 2010

Taught by: Sheikh Navaid Aziz

maimoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #55
Neda Abuaun
Ameerah, Banu Amanah

Thumbs up Re: Torch Bearers: testimonials and ambiance

Asalamu Alaykum!

Mashallah this class sound awesome! Inshallah it will be a success in Cleveland.

*~Banu Amanah~*
-In God We Trust-

(()
(((8))))
((((((8)))))
(
((((8))))))))
((((8)))))
\\\|||||///
|||||
||||
|||