Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Torch Bearers: Scholars of Islam - HST 301

Old 04-06-2008, 12:41 AM   #41
mahmoudm
Ummat Muhammad

Re: *** Qabeelat Ittihaad Torch Bearers GEMS ***

Your feet will not move in the day of judgement until you answer what you have done in four things:

1) Your life

2) Your youth

3) Your money how you earned it and how you spent it

4) You knowledge and how you used it

So brothers and sisters lets prepare our answers from now since the prophet salla Allah’hu alayhe wa sallam has already warned us about our interview questions!!
mahmoudm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:43 AM   #42
mahmoudm
Ummat Muhammad

Now pay attention to that one!! Since we are all still alive; IF YOUR FRIENDS DO NOT REMIND YOU OF THE AKHIRAH (afterlife, judgement day) THEN EITHER CHANGE THEM OR REPLACE THEM.

Bas khalas, no buts lol.

Ex ==> Omar ibn Abdel Aziz hired 6 people; and their job was JUST to remind him of the akhirah...
mahmoudm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:51 AM   #43
Kaltham
Banu Hayl

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaker
Imam Sho3bah rahimaho Allah was a blind man. He was a very VERY strong scholar that he would not give a hadeeth unless one is a true student of knowledge and truly deserved to learn that hadeeth...

People would travel to learn from him from all over the place and yet he would still not accept them as students as they have not done enough to deserve learning the hadeeths!!! (subhanAllah...and we have all the ahadeeth we want at the tips of our fingers!!)

One of the stories...
When he would give a halaqa no one was to sit on his right hand side. One time, a student from another place came to attend and sat to his right. Imam Sho'bah asked one of his students if there was anyone to his right and, his student, closed his eyes and said, I do not see anyone sheikh (in fear of what might happen if he had said yes)...

Throughout the whole lesson that he gave, Imam Sho'bah would stop every once in a while turn to his right hand side, and spit in that direction...

Now I don't know what one of us might have done, but the student did not utter a single word or move a bit...

The lessons from this story are ...you think...I typed a lot lol...
Looooool! I neeeeed your notes dear sister... I feel so bad i couldn't make it to this class, but your gems are amazing masha Allah..!

Fi Amaani'Laah
|||
And say to My slaves that they should (only) say those words that are the best. Verily Shaitân sows disagreements among them. Surely, Shaitân (Satan) is to man a plain enemy. (Al-Isra 17:53)
Kaltham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:06 AM   #44
sireen
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaltham
Looooool! I neeeeed your notes dear sister... I feel so bad i couldn't make it to this class, but your gems are amazing masha Allah..!

Fi Amaani'Laah
LOOL!!!
I wish you were with us Kaltham!!! I miss you (and the other Ohio sisters) VERY MUCH!!!
InshaAllah khairha bi ghairha and may Allah reward you for your intention!

I actually did not type my notes up this time lol, the sheikh alhamdulillah goes slow enough for me to write this time...but maybe if someone reads this and they typed up their notes they would not mind sharing

Please send my salams to all the other girls inshaAllah!! Love you for the sake of Allah...

I wish more people would start posting more gems!!!!!!

P.S. MashaAllah...I am jealous of your growing list in your signature lol...
Old 04-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #45
*~StRiViNg_4_JaNnAh~*
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kheir777
Laaawwwwll... Wow, we just heard possibly the funniest hajj story I've ever heard in my life just now..... How I'd love to share it on here, but I doubt it's a gem.
please share...i couldn't make it to the class and so im feeling kind of low on my "AlMaghrib" right now...the gems are helping alhamdulillah, so KEEP THEM COMING inshallah!!!
*You know the Shaytan, yet you agree with him.*

and you say that your du'aa is not answered. . . .
*~StRiViNg_4_JaNnAh~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:28 PM   #46
MuslimSista
Ummat Muhammad

Assalamu Ailaykum,

Without Ulema's we are Lost
"The believer has four characteristics. If he is afflicted by any misfortune, he remains patient and steadfast. If he is given anything, he is grateful. If he speaks, he speaks the truth. If he passes a judgment on any issue, he is just."

MuslimSista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #47
MuslimSista
Ummat Muhammad

The best way to teach is through kindness (such as giving a gift)
"The believer has four characteristics. If he is afflicted by any misfortune, he remains patient and steadfast. If he is given anything, he is grateful. If he speaks, he speaks the truth. If he passes a judgment on any issue, he is just."

Old 04-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #48
MuslimSista
Ummat Muhammad

Anything that is not from Allah's book is useless talk

Old 04-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #49
Sarah Mushtaq
Ameerah, Qabeelat Ittihaad - Windsor

Bismillah
Truthfulness will guide you to Righteousness
Righteousness will guide you to Paradise

"The Believer is Grateful When Given, and Patient When Denied." - TEJ, '10
"The Best Hiba AlWahhab gave us is living with His Names ." - VoS, '10
Sarah Mushtaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:24 PM   #50
Sarah Mushtaq
Ameerah, Qabeelat Ittihaad - Windsor

The Sahabis went from WORSE than us, SubhanAllah, to the best of people, after accepting Islam.

"The Believer is Grateful When Given, and Patient When Denied." - TEJ, '10
"The Best Hiba AlWahhab gave us is living with His Names ." - VoS, '10
Sarah Mushtaq is offline   Reply With Quote