Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > The Collector's Edition: Sharh Saheeh Bukhari - SNH 201

Old 06-02-2008, 03:48 PM   #1
~RushingTowardstheLight~
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Re: Short Biography of Imaam Bukhari

You call that a short biography??? LOL

~Rules of Engagement
Islamc Code of Ethics

Last edited by Bint Roots; 12-10-2009 at 07:13 AM.
~RushingTowardstheLight~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #2
BlessedMuslimah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~RushingTowardstheLight~
You call that a short biography??? LOL
Considering it concisely covered his entire life (rahimahullah), I would say it's a very short biography : )

Jazakillahu Khairan for posting this Ahlam. I would highly recommend to anyone who wants a boost in their Eman to pick up (or purchase) the book: The Biography of Imam Bukhaaree rahimahullah compiled by Salaahud-Deen ibn 'Alee ibn 'Abdul-Maujood, translated by Faisal Shafeeq. This is one of my favorite books I've come across, and I'm glad I purchased it - especially when I read:

According to the view of scholars, loving and respecting Imam Bukhaaree was and is mandatory for every Muslim. (p.75)

To encourage others to read this wonderful book, I've typed one of my favorite stories from it here:

In Al-Fawaaid Ad-Daraaree, Al-'Ajloonee related that Imam Bukharee (may Allah have mercy on him) once traveled by boat on a journey to seek out knowledge and that he had taken with him one-thousand dinars. One of his fellow travelers ingratiated himself with Imam Bukharee, outwardly showing him love and admiration.

During the sea-voyage, the man often made it a point to sit in his company. On long journeys, friendships develop faster than normal, and during the course of the time they spent together, Imam Bukhaaree informed the man that he had one-thousand dinars with him.

The morning after Imam Bukhaaree spoke about the money, the man woke up and began to cry, scream, rip his clothing apart, and slap his own face, as if he had just been afflicted with a great loss. His fellow shipmates asked him what was wrong, and he refused to answer at first, as if he was still in a state of shock and could not bring himself to speak about his situation. After they continually insisted that he tell them what the matter was with him, he finally said, "I had a bag that contained one-thousand dinars, and I lost it."

The crewman who were in charge of the ship began to search the passengers. One by one everyone was being searched, and upon realizing what was happening, Imam Bukhaaree, making sure that no one was looking, threw his bag of money over the side of the ship. When it was his turn to be searched, nothing was found.

When the entire ship and all of its passengers were searched, and when no bag of money was found, those in authority on the ship went back to the man who had made up the story and chastised him for making a false claim and for putting them through so much trouble. As soon as the ship finally reached shore, the passengers began to disembark; meanwhile, Imam Bukhaaree's old friend went to him and asked him what he had done with the bag of money.

"I threw it into the sea," Imam Bukhaaree matter-of-factly replied.

"And you are patiently accepting the fact that you have just lost such a huge sum of money?" the man asked in bewilderment.

"O ignorant one," Imam Bukhaaree said, "do you not know that I have spent my entire life gathering the Ahadeeth of the Messenger (sallaAllahu 'alayhi wasallam) and that the world now acknowledges my trustworthiness. Would it then have been befitting for me to subject myself to the accusation of theft? And shall I lose the precious pearl (ie, my knowledge and achievements as a scholar) that I had earned over a lifetime over a limited number of dinars?"

(Refer to Al-Fawaaid Ad-Daraaree by As-Sujloonee, and to Seeratul-Bukhaaree by Al-Mubaarakpooree.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:23 AM   #3
Mubarak
Qabeelat Majd

Assalam alaikum

SubhanAllah, last week at work, I read a book called "The Biography of Imam Bukhaaree" that was compiled by Salaahud-Deen ibn Alee ibn Abdul-Maujood and I loved it.

The life of Mohammad Ibn Ismail Al-Bukhaaree was impressive and subhanAllah he was such a knowledgable figure in his era. Now, after I've dedicated some time in studying and reading the life of Imam Bukhaaree, everytime I hear a hadeeth in which someone starts, "Bukhaaree reported", I listen with care.

But every since I read about his life, I've been looking for a book he wrote called At-Taareekh Al-Kabeer, does anyone know where I can find such a book? I really want it. It's such a master piece of a book to hold close and for someone who has heard of it, to not want to get their hands on it, would be mind boggling to me...

Let me know if you have any information regarding the book inshAllah
Mubarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:42 AM   #4
Mubarak
Qabeelat Majd

So...does anyone have any news on where I can find, "Taareekh Al-Kabeer" by Mohammad Ibn Ismael Al-Bukhaaree?
Mubarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:49 AM   #5
AkheeAB
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubarak
So...does anyone have any news on where I can find, "Taareekh Al-Kabeer" by Mohammad Ibn Ismael Al-Bukhaaree?
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

اخي, i believe the book that you are refering to has not been translated from the Arabic langauge (Allah knows best - الله يعل yet and it could be called (AtTaareekh AlKabeer AlAwsat Assageer - or in Arabic اتريخ الكبر الوصت ااصقي, but you still may want to do your research a little bit more and in sha Allah taa'ala, the All Mighty Allah guides you to this book and may he be Glorified and Exalted
"Useful knowledge is that which makes you grow in the fear of Allah, increases you in awareness of your defects, deepens your knowledge of the worship of your Lord Most High, decreases your desire for this world and increases your desire for the life to come, and opens your eyes to the defects of your actions so that you guard against them."
-Imam Ghazali
AkheeAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:13 PM   #6
ShujaSlam
Qabeelat Durbah

subhanAllah very nice story;
hey blessedMuslimah post a few more cool short stories like that plzz
ShujaSlam is offline   Reply With Quote