Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Projects > The Book Nook

Old 05-05-2008, 02:49 PM   #1
qalb-e-saleema
Ummat Muhammad

what's on your bookshelf ?...and list your favourites

Just thought i'd start a new thread where we can share what some books are 'hiding out' on our bookshelfs ( so we can get an idea of gr8 Islamic books out there) and also which of those are amongst our favourites- one's we could read over and over again and not tire of.
Kindly list those books that are islamic or non-islamic but beneficial.

My bookshelf is a bit paltry but it's growing algh...
Mine are:

These include the one's i love most:

1. Muhammad - Martin Lings
2. The Hizbul Azam - Prophet du'as
3. Tirmidhi - the abridged version
4. Ma'ariful Qu'ran - Translation anf Tafseer of the Holy Qu'ran
5. Tafseer Uthmaani
6. 7 Habits of HIghly Effective People/Families - dn't have it yet but read it and MUST get it on my bookshelf
7. The Ideal Muslima
8. Jonothan Livingstone Seagull- ?, very inspiring, dn't have it but should
qalb-e-saleema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:15 PM   #2
Maisha*
Qabeelat Ansar

Re: what's on your bookshelf ?...and list your favourites

Bismillaah.
Assalaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatullaah,

..one of my favorite books: Imam Bukhari's Book of Muslim Morals and Manners I have it translated by Yusuf Talal DeLorenzo from Dar-us-Salaam...really nice book... (duh! Imam Bukhari wrote it...doik..) also The Precious Pearls ...all my friends have read the book and loved it... this one was written by "Dar us Salaam's Resarch Division" ...y'all should definitly check that one out... another one of my favorites is Kindness to Parents by Abdul Malik Al-Qasim...<-- that one's a real eye-opener...you'll definitly end up appreciating your parents alot more...

Maisha

فرددناه إلى أمه كي تقر عينها ولا تحزن ولتعلم أن وعد الله حق ولكن أكثرهم لا يعلمون
[Surah Qasas; 28:13]
"So did We restore him to his mother, that she might be delighted, and that she might not grieve, and that she might know that the Promise of Allah is true. But most of them know not."
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatiRaheem
Ottawa-Ottawa- Ottawa is R-R-ROCKIN :D aaaw yeah...:thumbsup:
Narrated Anas (ra): The Prophet Salillaahi'Alayhi wa Sallam said, "Love for the Ansar is a sign of faith and hatred for the Ansar is a sign of hypocrisy."

Maisha* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
Maisha*
Qabeelat Ansar

Re: what's on your bookshelf ?...and list your favourites

oh! and my all time favorite, Imam As-Suyuti's Medicine of the Prophet (Salillahi'alayhi wa Salam)... subhanAllaah, there is a cure to almost everything in that book...

فرددناه إلى أمه كي تقر عينها ولا تحزن ولتعلم أن وعد الله حق ولكن أكثرهم لا يعلمون
[Surah Qasas; 28:13]
"So did We restore him to his mother, that she might be delighted, and that she might not grieve, and that she might know that the Promise of Allah is true. But most of them know not."
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatiRaheem
Ottawa-Ottawa- Ottawa is R-R-ROCKIN :D aaaw yeah...:thumbsup:
Narrated Anas (ra): The Prophet Salillaahi'Alayhi wa Sallam said, "Love for the Ansar is a sign of faith and hatred for the Ansar is a sign of hypocrisy."

Maisha* is offline   Reply With Quote