Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Assalāmu ‘alaykum ~ May Peace be Upon You > Qabeelat Tayybah: 2011 Qabeelah of the Year

Old 05-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
Tayybah Newz
Qabeelat Tayybah

Tayybah Newz: LuL Edition

assalaamu alaikom wa rahmat Allah wa barakatu...

It's that time again, so writers start up your pens, because it's time to write up another storm for our next edition of Tayybah Newz. And the newsletter crew needs all the help it can get in a number of different areas:
  1. Newletter name: The standard is Tayybah Newz: (subtitle).
    Example: Tayybah Newz: DeCoded (The Code Evolved Edition) So suggestions, suggestions, suggestions are necessary. (We'll vote on a name via this thread)
  2. Layout Head: I've been given the opportunity to work with many people in this part of the newsletter, but we're always looking for new talent so if you're interested in doing layout for this edition send an email over to TayybahNewz@gmail.com and let me know! (& if you've done layout for any past editions and are up for doing working on this project again, shoot me over an email as well)
  3. Submissions: Writers wanted! Poetry, articles, crosswords, or anything else you feel should have space in the newsletter, are needed! Email TayybahNewz@gmail.com before writing so the layout head knows how much room he/she needs & how to set up the layout, and so I know which topics are taken to avoid reptition, and you'll recieve an approval email right away insha'Allah, at which point you can start writing away! Below is a list of suggested topics, but keep in mind that you are not limited to these. If there's something else you feel relate to the material we studied in class, email me and let me know
  4. Topic Suggestions:
    • Blessings of al-Asma wa al-Sifat
    • Differences & Similarities b/w Names & Attributes
    • The 9 Rules of Understanding Names & Attributes
    • The History of Deviation (or a focus on a particular deviation)
    • **If you want your paper on one of the names/attributes of Allah (swt) published in the newsletter, send it to the Tayybah Newz account as well**
  5. Editors: If you want to do your part but aren't a writer, editing is a great option. You'll be emailed 1-2 articles which you'll be expected to make whatever grammatical corrections necessary and email back to TayybahNewz@gmail.com before the editing deadline. (see below)
  6. Deadlines:
  • The deadline for deciding a name will be Thursday, May 15th. If one isn't decided by then, it will be decided by myself & the layout head insha'Allah.
  • The last day to email a submission will be Thursday, May 29th.
  • Editors: Your deadline to email back corrected articles will be Friday, June 6th.
  • Layout head: Your deadline to come up with a finished newsletter will be Monday, June 16th.

*Article Format:
  1. Title
  2. By ______
  3. Text (Max 800 words, anything surpassing this will risk not be edited)
  4. Type Setting: 12pt Times New Roman

Another amazing class has come to an end.
Sh. Yasir Qadhi didn't get to see how much Tayybah learned from him last time he was here, because there was no newletter for LOG.
Many people gave their sincerest "Jazak Allah Khairs" to Sh. Yasir before he left, so how many will show him how much they've benefitted from his time with us?
So here's the chance...Open and available to everyone and anyone who took this last class with Tayybah, become a member of the excuslive TaYYbaH TiMeS Staff team. Writers wanted, so think about a gem that affected you, an ayah that hit you, a hadith that left you thinking, or anything else you heard that you think is important to get out to the rest of the Al Maghrib world, and put it in article, poem, or puzzle (crossword, word search, etc) form and email it to TaYYbaHNewZ@gmail.com

So...let's get the ball rolling...

Tayybah Newz: __________

Fill in the blank!!

Tayybah Newz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:27 PM   #2
Nida A.
Qabeelat Tayybah

Re: Tayybah Newz: LuL Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayybah Newz

• The 9 Rules of Understanding Names &

ws,
I'd like to write the aforementioned article. Also I would send my Names and Attributes paper in, only...I forgot to save it on my computer! I know, so sad.
Nida A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:09 AM   #3
iss ME! zahweee!
Qabeelat Tayybah

zahwee is intewested in layout
what program do you normally use?
Wheresoever you may be, Allah will bring you all together.
Indeed Allah is Able to do all things.
[2:148]
. . .
PrOuD MeMBeR of IbnFaqih's 60
iss ME! zahweee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #4
AkhuwaFillah
Qabeelat Tayybah

Different layout heads have used different programs, so it's completely up to you as long as an end result is a PDF so that everyone can easily view it.

knowledge is a torch whose holder perceives things as they truly are and not as they appear to be...

*QaBeeLaT TaYYbaH*

Traversing a path to knowledge and Jennah
through Al Maghrib
With the attitude of **AsSabiqoon*
And the generosity and akhlaaq of the people of Tayybah.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

AkhuwaFillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:23 PM   #5
QueenGagger
Qabeelat Tayybah

I want to volunteer as as editor...
NYC

The class that started it off in NY and changed the game...
forever.

*¨¨*:.(¯`'TAYYBAH: Home of the Liwaa ¸.'´¯).:*¨¨*
QueenGagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:40 PM   #6
Nida A.
Qabeelat Tayybah

I recently used Microsoft Publisher to create a newsletter for work, and that works really well. just a tip for anyone who is going to be editing
Nida A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:34 AM   #7
iss ME! zahweee!
Qabeelat Tayybah

as for the subtitle.. it'd be nice to see other examples from previous seminars.. but how about something to do with enlightenment? enlighten? how about

tayybah newz: be enlightened
tayybah newz: lighting the way
tayybah newz: lit up >> LOL

i know.. not too lovely overall, but it's a start!
everyone else help out!
. . .
Old 05-10-2008, 07:18 PM   #8
Tayybah Newz
Qabeelat Tayybah

Most of the other newsletters were just Tayybah Newz: The Purification Act Edition/Love Notes Edition/Rays of Faith Edition, but I thought it might be nice to start getting creative with the names. (We can keep it Tayybah Newz: Light Upon Light edition if preferred insha'Allah)

(Zahweee, does this mean you're my official layout head for this edition?)

*Queen you've been noted as an editor.
Tayybah Newz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #9
iss ME! zahweee!
Qabeelat Tayybah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayybah Newz
(Zahweee, does this mean you're my official layout head for this edition?)
if there's no one out there to fight me for it.. i'll do it insha-Allah
but i'm tellin' you now, if no one likes it, i'll say someone else did it lol just kidding...
yaaaay! i'm excited!!
. . .
Old 05-10-2008, 09:37 PM   #10
Maryouma
Qabeelat Tayybah

I'd like to do one on the history of deviation... focusing on a particular sect (not sure which one yet).

I'm also up for editing-- correct grammar is awesome.

Qabeelat Tayybah

Maryouma is offline   Reply With Quote