Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Rays of Faith: Doctrines of Faith III - AQD 201

Old 06-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
Ubaydullah
Ummat Muhammad

Question What Jannah was Adam alayhisalaaam in?

Was Adam alayhisalaaam in THE JANNAH which we all are aiming for or was he in another jannah?

I ask this b/c I thought there wasn't any ability to sin in Jannah?

I have heard both but would like the proofs used by the scholars for each opinion? or is there only 1 opinion?

If Shaykh could answer that would be good.
Ubaydullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:22 AM   #2
Abdur Rahman Mirza
Qabeelat Tayybah

Re: What Jannah was Adam alayhisalaaam in?

Assalamu 'alaikum,

There are two opinions to the issue. I don't know the strength or validity of the other opinion that says it was a different Jannah than our Jannah.

There are some textual proofs for the belief that it is the same Jannah as the one we are aiming for.

1) The passage in Surat al Baqarah of Adam's creation

It states to Adam to not let Shaytaan deceive him and his children from the garden and its pleasures. Take this with the point that Shaytaan's main goal in life is to take us away from Paradise and lead us to hell.

2) Ahadeeth Derivations

Musa questioned Adam about why he made all of us get out of Jannah. This means the same Jannah as the one we are aiming for.

The Prophet called him our father and he was sent to this Earth as his punishment. So our father, in a sense, was forced out of Paradise and to Jannah. Like Musa was forced out of Egypt and then came back to it.

3) Scholars understanding

Shaikh Anwer explains that our home was Jannah, explaining the story of Adam, and that the scholars say that we all need to realize this world is temporary and we are all trying to go back to our home. The home that Adam was taken out of and subsequently us as well.

4) Language Defaults

The default for a place called Jannah is the Jannah we know and aim for. There has to be proof for someone to say that it was a different Jannah.

One rebuttal they say that Shaytaan was in Jannah and he was whispering to Adam and Eve. How can that be, any evil or evil creature residing in Jannah?

This is the argument that i haven't found an answer to...

Allahu 'Alem
...Let That Be Tha Reason..

Tayybah

AKHLAAQ TESTIFIES TO AQEEDAH

Abdur Rahman Mirza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #3
where_is_the_love?
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Was Adam alayhisalaaam in THE JANNAH which we all are aiming for or was he in another jannah?

I ask this b/c I thought there wasn't any ability to sin in Jannah?

I have heard both but would like the proofs used by the scholars for each opinion? or is there only 1 opinion?

If Shaykh could answer that would be good.
Assalaam o alaykum akhi,

I remember a shaykh giving us 8 proofs from the qur'an and sunnah stating why it WAS NOT the Eternal Jannah rather just a 'garden' of this world.... It was a VERY interesting piece of homework we had. After giving us these eight proofs as to why it was NOT the Eternal Jannah (like firdous etc) he said "now your homework is to go away and find the refutations of all these eight points"!

the eight points (why it is NOT the 'Eternal Garden - Heaven' but rather just a normal 'garden of the earth') being:

1) There is no sin/disobedience in jannah and adam sinned
"...and in that [paradise] they shall pass on to one another a cup which will not give rise to empty talk, and neither incite to sin." [Surah Tur:Verse 23]

2) The devil is kicked out of Jannah and is not allowed therein (meaning; he's not allowed in so how could he have wispered to him?)

3) Allaah says that in jannah there will be no "lagw" (Lagw means evil/false/idle speech)

4) Adam was told to eat from all the trees except for that one, but there is no hunger in jannah

5) Once you in jannah ur never going to come out of jannah
"No weariness shall ever touch them in this [state of bliss], and nor shall they (ever) be asked to leave it." [15:48]

6) "Jannah" in the Arabic language just means "garden" or "a beautifull garden", so it doesn't necessarily HAVE to mean Jannah(as in the Eternal Garden - Heaven). For example Allaah says in Surah Kahf (18) verse 32: "And he went into his garden (Jannatahu - his Jannah) while in a state (of pride and disbelief) unjust to himself. He said: "I think not that this will ever perish."

7) Shaytaan said to adam:
"But Satan whispered unto him, saying: "O Adam! Shall I lead thee to the tree of eternal life; and [thus] to a kingdom that will never decay?" [20:120].

But wasn't Adam already there? already in a "kingdom that will never decay"??

Also didn't he already have eternal life? as all life therein is eternal? so why did Shaytaan say "O Adam! Shall I lead thee to the tree of eternal life"

8)

I forgot point 8.... Masha-Allaah I cant believe I remembered all those point! As for the refutation of all these points, then I missed the class where the shaykh told us about the refutations to these points! Useless me hey? lol. Sorry!

I remember this being an opinion of a few of the Salaf as well (tho this is NOT the strongest opinion), I can't remember who exactly it was who held this opinion so I'm not going to guess (obviously!).

But when it comes to the 'ghaib' (unseen), there have been many opinions, even some odd ones (comming from the salaf as well), for example Allaah says in Surah 19, verse 71:

"There is not one of you but he will pass over it [hell], this is with your Lord a decree that must be accomplished."

Now we all know this to mean the siraat correct? But Ibn 'Abbaas & Mujaahid have stated that this means 'entering hell' not 'passing over it on the siraat'... So odd views are all over the place (especially concerning the unseen stuff - ghaib)

For more info on this ('entering hell' or 'passing over it on the siraat') one can read: "The Day Of Resurrection" By 'Umar Sulaiman Al-Ashqar, Pp.373-376.

InshaAllaah i'll email the bro now and get the info 4 u...

Quote:
And Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah said, “And Paradise is where Adam and his wife abided in upon this were the predecessors of the Ummah and the Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama’ah. It is Paradise of Eternity and whoever said, it is the Paradise in the land of India (ard al-hind ) or land of Jeddah or something else, then he is from the philosophers and liberals (Godless people) or from their brethren: the People of Rhetorical Speech (mutakallimeen) the innovators (al-mubtadi’een) for these are the sayings from the sayings of the philosophers and Mu’tazilah.”
JazaakAllaahu khair for this extract bro.

Wassalaam o alaykum

Akhookum

I would very much appreciate it if sisters do not speak to me on this forum - Jazaakillaah

::::::Da'wah Toolkit::::::

Gooooooogle out:
"TheAuthenticBase"

Rubbi zidni 'ilma

Last edited by where_is_the_love?; 10-27-2009 at 08:26 AM.
where_is_the_love? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
where_is_the_love?
Ummat Muhammad

Assalaam o alaykum,

Another point/proof as to why it was NOT 'The Eternal Jannah - Heaven' but rather a normal 'garden of this world' is because Allaah ORDERED Adam not to eat from that tree, and when a person is in jannah, there are no orders, jannah would be just a life of bliss and happiness and reward.....

So i guess this was point eight then.... Or maybe there more proofs aswell?

I would very much appreciate it if sisters do not speak to me on this forum - Jazaakillaah

::::::Da'wah Toolkit::::::

Gooooooogle out:
"TheAuthenticBase"

Rubbi zidni 'ilma
where_is_the_love? is offline   Reply With Quote