Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Wasat

Old 06-26-2008, 03:56 AM   #1
vendi_s
Qabeelat Haadi

Sacred Scrolls Accomodations

As-salaamu 'alaykum,

My husband and I are thinking of potentially traveling to attend Sacred Scrolls (we are coming from San Francisco - hay Haadi!) and I have a few questions:

- Is there a discount on staying at the Westin if we are attending the class? If not, is there a cheaper place to stay VERY close by?

- Will there be babysitting?

- Are there halal places to eat nearby?

Jazak Allah Khayr,
Umm Abdullah

Ar-Ra'd:28
vendi_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:45 PM   #2
Siraaj

Re: Sacred Scrolls Accomodations

Salaam alaykum sister,

1. No discounts, best place to check things out is hotels dot com or something equivalent.

2. We don't do babysitting - we set up a separate room for mothers so that they can hear the class and see the shaykh or the slides. The mothers love it, and they trade back and forth with their husbands. Saves us money, saves you money, no insurance issues

3. There are MANY halaal places to eat at nearby, insha'Allah, just ask us and we'll tell you where they are

Siraaj
Old 06-26-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
vendi_s
Qabeelat Haadi

Jazak Allah Khayr for the speedy response! I have a toddler so babysitting is a must if I want to get the most from the class so it looks like we might head to Houston instead....insha'Allah another time Wasatians.....

Ar-Ra'd:28
vendi_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:50 PM   #4
Ibnu Ismail
Qabeelat Ittihaad

slmz ,
some brothers are thinking of coming for sacred scrolls from Windsor. I was wondering if there is accomodation provided by brothers of wast?
Ibnu Ismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:52 PM   #5
Siraaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibnu Ismail
slmz ,
some brothers are thinking of coming for sacred scrolls from Windsor. I was wondering if there is accomodation provided by brothers of wast?
Absolutely! And, just to make you feel more at home, you'll be accomodated by none other than former Windsor Ittihaad Ameer HAROON MALIK! Woo hoo!!

Siraaj
Old 06-26-2008, 09:17 PM   #6
Anti_Shaytan
Qabeelat Durbah

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendi_s
Jazak Allah Khayr for the speedy response! I have a toddler so babysitting is a must if I want to get the most from the class so it looks like we might head to Houston instead....insha'Allah another time Wasatians.....
come to NEW JERSEY or Houston...whatever you prefer
I just thought you'd feel safe knowing the baby was in the hands of the Qabeelah that started (and specializes) in out-of-towners Hospitality, that's all
Who needs a trophy when you've been called the Jewel of AlMaghrib, you've been told you deserve a Crown, you've been called the Heart of AlMaghrib, and about you it has been said that every standard known to man has been shattered by you...but if a shiny little object makes you happy, go wild.
Anti_Shaytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:48 AM   #7
Hallie
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibnu Ismail
slmz ,
What about sisters? are they providing accomodations as well?

Fisabilillah
inshallah.
Hallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:49 AM   #8
Siraaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallie
What about sisters? are they providing accomodations as well?
Absolutely! Just email me at ameer dot wasat at gmail dot com, and we'll take care of you, insha'Allah.

siraaj
Old 07-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #9
Fatima Noubani
Qabeelat Wasat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Bint Al-Halal~
How far is the place that sisters will be staying at, from the seminar place?
You'll be staying at my place insha'Allah. It's around 50 minutes from the venue, according to google maps...
Fatima Noubani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:19 PM   #10
Siraaj

We have accomodations for brothers.

Siraaj