Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Nurayn

Old 07-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
Amatullah
Qabeelat Nurayn

Class Project for Sacred Scrolls: SHELTER OUR SISTERS!

Bismillah, walhamdulillah.

Asalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

With great eagerness and pleasure, the Projects Committee of Qabeelat Nurayn is happy to announce our in class project for Sacred Scrolls: Shelter our Sisters: Donation Drive for Muslimat Al Nisaa Homeless Shelter!

Many of you may have heard of Muslimat Al Nisaa Homeless shelter in Baltimore run by Sister Asma Hanif, but how many of you have seen or been in a situation where you find yourself without a home, family or assistance? Let's move past the stage of hearing the news, to doing something about it bi'ithnillah!

Indeed Allah makes the way to good deeds easy, and we will inshaAllah help the sisters and families of this shelter by collecting staple items as well as monetary donations. We will be collecting:

• Funds (cash or checks payable to Muslimat Al Nisaa)
  • Toiletries/hygiene items (ex: soaps, shampoos/conditioner, toothpaste/brushes, lotion, hairbrush/combs, feminine hygiene products etc)
  • Non-perishable food items

We do not want to let sister Asma and our sisters at the shelter down! Sacred Scrolls is only a one weekend class, so we need to collect as many items and donations as possible inshaAllah in this one weekend. Please plan to bring any items with you on each day, and inshaAllah we will send out a reminder tomorrow and our Ameers will also announce the project throughout the class. We will also have a very special guest coming in to speak, so be prepared for that inshaAllah!

As a last reminder, let us purify our intentions for the sake of Allah and come together for this cause and bring ourselves closer to Allah azza wa jal by helping our sisters.

On the authority of Abu Hurairah that the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam said: "Whosoever removes a worldly grief from a believer, Allah will remove from him one of the griefs of the Day of Judgment. Whosoever alleviates [the lot of] a needy person, Allah will alleviate [his lot] in this world and the next. Whosoever shields a Muslim, Allah will shield him in this world and the next. Allah will aid a servant [of His] so long as the servant aids his brother..." Related by Muslim in these words.

Jazakum Allahu khayran.
yet they do not gain benefit from it nor do they give benefit out to others.”

Imam Al-Awzaa'ee rahimahullah
Amatullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
BlessedMuslimah

Re: Class Project for Sacred Scrolls: SHELTER OUR SISTERS!

Wa'alaykum us Salaam Warahmatulahee Wabarakatuhu,

BarakAllahu Feekum - Amatullah this sounds like an amazing project ma shaa Allah! What a wonderful opportunity to have a Muslim(ah) shelter to be able to donate to.

It would be even more awesome if it was promoted a bit like Durbah's 500 people = 500 can's drive. Perhaps with a set goal, more will be raised in shaa Allah : )

I'd really like to know how this turns out... may Allah subhanaHu wata'ala grant the Qabeelah success in this!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:47 AM   #3
Amatullah
Qabeelat Nurayn

Ameen! Ala, we think alike walhamdulillah

The sisters who are organizing and I are working on a set goal and inshaAllah we will finalize it by tonight.

Jazaki Allahu khayran!!

Old 07-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #4
BlessedMuslimah

Alhamdulillah, I'm glad we do : )

I should have known you were already planning something bigger and probably better ; ) than Durbah! You guys are planning on taking pictures right?

I can't help but think what a wonderful opportunity it brings your Qabeelah in terms of Social Service - Fundraising to host Ramadan Iftars for them, Eid gift drives, volunteer work... subhanAllah, so many possibilities! (Also, I think it would be great if you spearheaded these projects : D )
Old 07-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #5
Amatullah
Qabeelat Nurayn

SubhanAllah, sisters Erum and Hermana have done everything for this project, I'm just the projects/social services coordinator May Allah azza wa jal bless them both with a huge sadaqah jaariyah, Ameen.

Alhamdulillah this shelter is getting more awareness in our community. When I first started helping a year ago, no one really knew about it and they were struggling with getting funds. Alhamdulillah Allah blessed them and sister Asma Hanif and they've done a lot this past year. I really like your ideas of gift drives and iftaars, we'll definitely try and do that bi'ithnillah. barak Allahu feeki! They have a website if you would like to check it out, google mnisaa and it should come up inshaAllah. If not, email me and i'll email you the link.

You know I will be taking pics inshaAllah I'll definitely post them on the forums and share them inshaAllah.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:55 PM   #6
HubAakhirah
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatullah
SubhanAllah, sisters Erum and Hermana have done everything for this project, I'm just the projects/social services coordinator May Allah azza wa jal bless them both with a huge sadaqah jaariyah, Ameen.

Alhamdulillah this shelter is getting more awareness in our community. When I first started helping a year ago, no one really knew about it and they were struggling with getting funds. Alhamdulillah Allah blessed them and sister Asma Hanif and they've done a lot this past year. I really like your ideas of gift drives and iftaars, we'll definitely try and do that bi'ithnillah. barak Allahu feeki! They have a website if you would like to check it out, google mnisaa and it should come up inshaAllah. If not, email me and i'll email you the link.

You know I will be taking pics inshaAllah I'll definitely post them on the forums and share them inshaAllah.
Can't wait to get involved, inshAllah! The MWM(Muslim Women of Maryland) is planning on helping out too, iA, starting with volunteering for the fundraiser coming up in early August, iA!

682. `Imran bin Husain (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Shyness does not bring anything except good.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
The Prophet (pbuh) said: “Seeking ‘Ilm (knowledge) is incumbent on every Muslim.”

(Allah wishes to lighten the burden for you; for certainly man has been created weak!) (An-Nisaa’ 4: 28).

Ubayy ibn Kab said: "The believer has four characteristics. If he is afflicted by any misfortune, he remains patient and steadfast. If he is given anything, he is grateful. If he speaks, he speaks the truth. If he passes a judgment on any issue, he is just."
HubAakhirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:45 PM   #7
erum
Qabeelat Nurayn

Assalamu alaikum,

Just wanted to update everyone on the success of this project. Alhumdulillah by the grace of Allah we raised $3131.17 and two trunkloads of food and toiletries.

May Allah accept everyone's donations -- ameen!

JazakAllahu khair to everyone who helped and supported this project!
erum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:00 PM   #8
Amatullah
Qabeelat Nurayn

alhamdulillah!! pics will be up soon inshaAllah

Old 07-13-2008, 11:15 PM   #9
bintamina
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by erum
Just wanted to update everyone on the success of this project. Alhumdulillah by the grace of Allah we raised $3131.17 and two trunkloads of food and toiletries.
Maa shaa Allah!

May Allah ta'ala reward you all immensely - ameen.

This is simply beautiful, subhaanAllah.

"With good manners you understand the knowledge. With the knowledge, your actions are corrected. With actions, wisdom is obtained. With wisdom you understand zuhd (abstinence) and are granted its benefits. With zuhd comes abandoning the world. With abandoning the world comes desire for the Hereafter. With desire for the Hereafter the pleasure of Allaah – the Mighty and Majestic – is obtained."

Iqtidaa`ul 'Ilmil 'Amal (no. 31)
bintamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:29 PM   #10
BlessedMuslimah

Quote:
Originally Posted by erum
Assalamu alaikum,

May Allah accept everyone's donations -- ameen!

JazakAllahu khair to everyone who helped and supported this project!
Allahu Akbar walillahil Hamd - Ameen to the du'as!!! That is absolutely amazing ma shaa Allah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatullah
alhamdulillah!! pics will be up soon inshaAllah
I can't wait to see them! I feel like starting another blog and online assistance program ... maybe this can be our next project with the girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaida Khaliqi
o.O WHAT!!!?? ALLAHuAkbar!!! this is so awesome maashaAllah! Was that just from this weekend? just from the students?
Saaida, I love how you're one of the Ameerah's and still have this reaction, ma shaa Allah : )