Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > The Purification Act: Fiqh ul-Ibaadah I-III - FQH 101

Old 08-11-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
Al-Hayaa
Qabeelat Al-Shams

Re: When you gotta pray, you gotta pray!

Wa'alaykum salam warahmatullah wabarakatahu sis,

maashallah that was a good read! Praying on top of a table....i havent seen before! May Allah strengthen your mum's imaan and means to enter jannah, ameen.

Well, i remember praying in the shopping mall, it was quite a while back...the looks we got throughout our shopping was funny! That and praying sunnah salah in my bus seat!

Im sure there are more funnier situations....

8. (They say): "Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You. Truly, You are the Bestower.''
(Al-'Imran:8)
Al-Hayaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
Ahmed Ibn Hassan
Ummat Muhammad

Masha'Allah nice thread.

Uhmm... I have to say the most awkward place i prayed was in a passenger seat. I never prayed in a chair, anything that has to do with sitting down, so this was a bit NEW Alhumdulilha.

I've seen a whole jamaah pray across a busy Highway, wallahi that was a beautiful site. It defiantly boosted my emaan.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
HubAakhirah
Ummat Muhammad

My mom has prayed in a restaurant while waiting for our food, in our car, at the airport, you name it. if it is time to pray, my mom(who always keeps her wuduh mA) will sit in her seat and pray. I admire her so much for this, and pray that Allah(swt) grants her Jannat al-Firdaus. Ameen.

When I'm at school, for instance, I've pushed the couches around on the carpeted floor of our student union, and prayed when I was locked out of the musullah. Other times, my friends and I have prayed Jama'a there. Also our MSA has had Jumah outside. My friends and I prayed outside under the cherry blossoms back in peak season. It really is an eman boost to pray outside, in the breeze, in the sun. Alhamdulillah : )

682. `Imran bin Husain (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Shyness does not bring anything except good.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
The Prophet (pbuh) said: “Seeking ‘Ilm (knowledge) is incumbent on every Muslim.”

(Allah wishes to lighten the burden for you; for certainly man has been created weak!) (An-Nisaa’ 4: 28).

Ubayy ibn Kab said: "The believer has four characteristics. If he is afflicted by any misfortune, he remains patient and steadfast. If he is given anything, he is grateful. If he speaks, he speaks the truth. If he passes a judgment on any issue, he is just."
HubAakhirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
DesertShip
Qabeelat Ittihaad

wow nice thread mashAllah..

well .. random places? fitting rooms.. along the riverside.. in the plane
but the best place i prayed was when we were traveling this summer.. we passed by Paris, France..i had forgot to pray in the airplane.. so i just go stand in the middle of the lobby(waitin place watever its called) and PRAY.. it was amazing alhamdulliah!! (finishing and seeing everyone staring!!)

also praying in my math class each day after school.. my teacher was really nice.. also i remember once in my school all the guys prayed jama'aa in the middle of the hallway.. it was an awsssssome sight

its awesome to pray in sooooooo many different places!! alhamdulliah

DesertShip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:30 PM   #5
brother_bruce
'Abd al-Kareem

- Greyhound bus
- Airplane seat
- In the parking lot outside a Pizza Hut somewhere in Kentucky (one of the employees there - non muslim - spied on us praying and later remarked it was one of the most beautiful things she'd ever seen)
- On a random sidewalk in Toronto
- Library, in between book shelves
- Walmart's stock room
- Juma in a VP's office during middle school
- Underneath/ on top of a stairwell during university
- On a random patch of grass at Canada's Wonderland

props to my dad who taught me and my siblings the importance of praying even in uncomfortable places

Last edited by brother_bruce; 08-12-2008 at 06:02 PM.
brother_bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:02 AM   #6
bint_habibullah
Qabeelat Durbah

Wa 'alaikum as salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!!!

- Wagman's (a HUGEEEE supermarket store) corner near where the toilet paper were stocked (made a good sutrah...and a good place to hide ur purse behind, too. )

- Parking lot (then a truck was about to park in the space (cuz i wasn't visible) but then quickly parked in the empty spot next to me.) alhumdulillah i didn't get run over

- in the middle of a bed/mattress store on a plastic shopping bag the other day, alhumdulillah and a pole as the sutrah

- under the staircase at school

- in the principal's office at school (but she leslet me pray dhuhr in her room, alhumdulillah)

- at the park

- in between two cars at the boardwalk parking lot...then the people for the other car were heading out and I was praying! lol (they were like "uh oh, she's praying" but alhumdulillah i was finished.)

- at a MUSLIM wedding out in the parking lot (ppl were like "what r u doing?" lol mashaAllah)

- in changing rooms. once a lady opened the door and then we got into some discussion (where i TRIED to give da'wah but more like she was giving me her da'wah. she was a jehovah's witness so u can imagine what that was like. subhanAllah. may allah guide her)

mashaAllah parking lots are the best place, very spacious! may Allah continue to strengthen our imaan with the more 'weird' places we pray. ameen! mashaAllah bint al halal, may Allah reward your mum and may that picnic table be her way to jannah. ameen!

bint_habibullah

AlMaghrib Institute
Qabeelat Durbah Campus
Class of 2012 in sha Allah

What will you accomplish in 3 years?
bint_habibullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:26 AM   #7
robin hudhud
Qabeelat Ittihaad

sometimes normal places turn weird...

At work, I usually pray in an empty classroom that's nearby, or the lounge. One time I was in the empty classroom, praying at the front of the classroom (the door is in the back). Suddenly, at least 20 people came in all at once, and some woman was giving a tour of the building. "This here is one of the common classrooms used for..." And here they can clearly see a clean, empty clasroom..... with me making salat.

I was waiting for her to say, "...and over there in the corner is a Moslem praying...";

She didn't though.

Who is better in speech than one who calls (men) to Allah, works righteousness, and says, "I am of those who bow in Islam"? (Fussilat 33)
robin hudhud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:38 AM   #8
robin hudhud
Qabeelat Ittihaad

also, mashaAllah, what's cool is when sometimes, you pray in a 'weird' place in public, and then some random Muslim walking by joins you in the prayer.

Who is better in speech than one who calls (men) to Allah, works righteousness, and says, "I am of those who bow in Islam"? (Fussilat 33)
robin hudhud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:56 AM   #9
Nafsul-Awwaamah
Ummat Muhammad

Nice thread masha'Allah

Hmmm so many places to choose from...

- In the middle of Six Flags, as well as the parking lot
- In Chuck E Cheese on that ramp (some kid came and stood RIGHT in front of me)
- An empty part of Macaroni Grill (a waiter was comin through the door and we heard Oh SH! I think he almost slipped)
- This wasn't really weird since there were like a thousand (prolly more) at Six Flags for "Muslim Family Day", when some weirdos were trying to say terrorists were plotting in there. Youtube "Six Flags over Terrorists". May Allah (SWT) guide them. Ameen.
- Prayed maghrib in the college parking lot just tonight

Masha'Allah about your mom. I can see that.
Nafsul-Awwaamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:29 AM   #10
AbdArRahman
Ummat Muhammad

I have found the best place to pray is outdoors when I feel the soft touch of the earth and the vastness of the heavens and the earth intimidate me and then I contemplate on just how much more majestic is the Majesty of Allah subhanahu wa Taala.
AbdArRahman is offline   Reply With Quote