Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > The Purification Act: Fiqh ul-Ibaadah I-III - FQH 101

Old 08-12-2008, 08:25 AM   #11
~Safia~
Qabeelat Majd

Re: When you gotta pray, you gotta pray!

The most interesting experience has to be at a Raptor's game at the ACC.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #12
Ahmed Ibn Hassan
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Safia~
The most interesting experience has to be at a Raptor's game at the ACC.
Funny you said that, A while back I went to a jays game and it was time for Maghrib salaah so I was with a friend of mine (a re-vert) and we both alternated praying (him watching over me vise-versa). Then random people thought that we were hiding something (because we prayed on a angle of a wall).. lol and the brother with me looked all suspicious so security came to see whats up..lol

Masha'Allah it was great for him, I hate the blue jays...
Old 08-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #13
AkheeAB
Ummat Muhammad

The Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him) said: "The earth has been made for me a mosque and a means of purification. . ." So choose a suitable spot and pray there at the appropriate times. Beware of delaying your prayers, especially Salaat al-‘Asr (the mid-afternoon prayer), because the Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him) said: "Whoever misses al-‘asr, it is as if he lost his family and his wealth." (Agreed upon; this version was reported by Muslim, no. 992).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Verily the prayer is enjoined on the believers at fixed times." [al-Nisaa’ 4:103]

"Then, there has succeeded them a people who have given up the prayer [i.e., have made their prayers to be lost, either by not offering them, or by not offering them perfectly, or by not offering them in their proper, fixed times, etc.] and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell." [Maryam 19:59]

"So woe to those performers of prayers who delay their prayer from their stated fixed times." [al-Maa‘oon 107:3-4]
"Useful knowledge is that which makes you grow in the fear of Allah, increases you in awareness of your defects, deepens your knowledge of the worship of your Lord Most High, decreases your desire for this world and increases your desire for the life to come, and opens your eyes to the defects of your actions so that you guard against them."
-Imam Ghazali
AkheeAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #14
Ejaz
Qabeelat Al-Shams

On a cold cold cold cold beach in Troon, Scotland.
When things get too much, when you feel like complaining, when you ask yourself "Why me?", just remember, "And of the people are some who say, "We believe in Allah ," but when one [of them] is harmed (or put to trial) for [the cause of] Allah , they consider the trial of the people as [if it were] the very punishment of Allah!" [29:10].

So ask......how bad is it really?
Ejaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #15
DesertShip
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bushra*
Do any of the sisters remember when we all prayed jama'a in that random room at the bowling alley place? that was also quite interesting...
mm.. i remember that =].. it was mashAllah a large jama'a but pretty gross due to the smell..

DesertShip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:35 PM   #16
sireen
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bushra*
Do any of the sisters remember when we all prayed jama'a in that random room at the bowling alley place? that was also quite interesting...
where you there when we prayed on the snow in the minus degree weather by the family fun center??
Who remembers that??
Verb? Ola? Who else was there
Old 08-12-2008, 03:59 PM   #17
Ejaz
Qabeelat Al-Shams

i'm talking about a cooooooooooold scottish beach, and you talk about yosemite national park. rub it in why dont you! lol
When things get too much, when you feel like complaining, when you ask yourself "Why me?", just remember, "And of the people are some who say, "We believe in Allah ," but when one [of them] is harmed (or put to trial) for [the cause of] Allah , they consider the trial of the people as [if it were] the very punishment of Allah!" [29:10].

So ask......how bad is it really?
Ejaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:02 PM   #18
BlessedMuslimah

I love this thread ma shaa Allah : )

Odd places I've prayed:

Niagara Falls
Kennedy Space Center (Florida)
Meijer
On the side of a highway
In a restaurant
Fitting rooms
Airport / Airplane
On a hill
Parking lots
Playplace at the mall
Numerous sidewalks
Germany
On stairs
In the mountains
Old 08-12-2008, 04:15 PM   #19
safa_709
Ummat Muhammad

Arrow Re: When you gotta pray, you gotta pray!

I can't believe no one mentioned rest areas! Especially for those who've been on family trips

I still remember when there was a huge jama'ah in the bowling alley when all the youth and some adults from our community had gathered for some Eid fun. When we were assembled in diagonal rows to fit across the wooden floor....it was pretty tight, mA.

Everything has already been mentioned before including: trampoline, table, parking lots, class, school, hotels, airports, outside/nature, fitting rooms, malls.

While on this topic: I remember when me and my younger brother and sister, when we were kids in elementary school......we would pray dhuhr in the counselor's office during the winter times, and short days. I have to admit, the counselor was nice enough to give up his office for 5-10mins .....we even used his personal bathroom to make wudu'. SubhanAllah

بدأ
الإسلام غريباً، وسيعود غريباً كما بدأ،
فطوبى للغرباء

Last edited by Fatooba lil Ghurabaa'; 08-12-2008 at 09:05 PM.
safa_709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 05:43 PM   #20
Saba Hashmat
Qabeelat Wedad

when i first started really praying (the total 5 times a day) I didn't now where to pray at work....I didn't even think to find a room I just had finished taking LOG and had the shayk's voice in my head saying you don't have to be ashamed to be Muslim be proud, pray out where everyone can see (something along those lines i'm parphrasing) this point of view was so refreshing gave me such and emaan rush because I was so used to wanting to "fit in" but had realized its alhamdullilah good not to.

okay back to where I prayed my buliding has like 6 floors and I"m on the 1st so I went up the steps and yes found a huge space in between the stairs of the first and second floor and prayed there for like a week....some people would get scared, others would get respectfully quiet. until I finally decided to find a room to pray....

Compassion/Mercy --->--->Jannah
Allah SWT will ask you what you said about a person not what you DIDN'T say
♥Q. Wedad♥

Saba Hashmat is offline   Reply With Quote