Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > The Purification Act: Fiqh ul-Ibaadah I-III - FQH 101

Old 08-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #31
aminah.
Qabeelat Majd

Re: When you gotta pray, you gotta pray!

mashAllah, some very interesting places mentioned.
(i've yet to pray on the highway, i think thats the coolest one by far).

there was the time in front of Moxies (restaurant), in the field, in a car, on the plane (during fajr was my favourite) and in the school basement we used to have all the muslim students come down and pray dhuhr (led by our math teacher, may Allah reward him), library between book shelves, school gym (pretty much all over the school) and that one time in the mall. perfect da'wah oppurtunity alhamdulillah but as soon as i finished everyone disappeared...
aminah. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #32
muhsinmuttaqi
Ummat Muhammad

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

Once I worked as security in the Receiving/Shipping area of a factory plant. I was responsible for checking inbound trucks and deliveries as well as the trailers. The supervisor asked me to work there during day time. I was worried about the salah, because the shipping/receiving area are very busy, because deliveries arrive very often. I was worried because of the hassle job I miss the prayers. I prayed to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala to ease the situation and this really happened.

During the prayer time, deliveries did not come because they got stuck in the snow or traffic and there was a problem with the computers so that we had to wait until these problems were fixed.

I decided to pray my Dhuhr and tried to find a quiet place. The only place I found was between two trailers. So I squeezed myself between the trailers and prayed four raka'at. I smelled the smell of the tires and the oxidized metal. The was a pebble right there where I put my knee. Aouch. As soon as I finished praying the hassle job continued. The timing was not a coincidence. The time I prayed was the most peaceful time at work, but as soon I finished the salams. I heard someone pushing the horn waiting for me to open the gate.

Another day, I was in a similar situation, but I could not find a space between the trailers, so I just decided to pray on a ground full of pebbles. My if felt pain in my knees while sujood, because they were on pebbles and you know that this can hurt especially the pointy ones. I had a red knee after that.

On yet another day, I had to pray at a parking lot and the sun was shining on the ground. I just prayed although the pavement was hot and everytime I put my hand it hurt because of the heat. However, I could pray peacefully without anyone disturbing me.

We spend so long coming up with awesome names only to have people say things like, "Are you going to attend PP?"

This has been my life's mission to end all acronyms.

We should post in our signatures: "Say NO to Acronyms, OK?"
muhsinmuttaqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:10 PM   #33
aaa
Ummat Muhammad

I've also prayed in
resturants
an airpalne
in a hospital
parking lot
class room
aaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:31 PM   #34
IbnMasood
Qabeelat Majd

Prayed behind a Tommy Hilfiger once, right in plain view by the all the cars struck in an extremely busy intersection, at peak hours.

The grass was wet but Alhamdulillah it went well.

(For Majders: Heartland, Mississauga)
IbnMasood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:57 AM   #35
DesertShip
Qabeelat Ittihaad

the other day i prayed in Chuck. E Cheese

DesertShip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:13 PM   #36
DesertShip
Qabeelat Ittihaad

i prayed at the doctors office today

DesertShip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:32 PM   #37
AkheeAB
Ummat Muhammad

i prayed asr in the red rocket (ttc subway) in toronto
"Useful knowledge is that which makes you grow in the fear of Allah, increases you in awareness of your defects, deepens your knowledge of the worship of your Lord Most High, decreases your desire for this world and increases your desire for the life to come, and opens your eyes to the defects of your actions so that you guard against them."
-Imam Ghazali
AkheeAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #38
ola422
Qabeelat Wasat

I prayed in an "oasis" (food center that's on a bridge over the highway) overlooking cars driving underneath
Old 09-16-2008, 11:41 PM   #39
Miskeen
Ummat Muhammad

my uncle was once praying on a top of a picnic table too...driving from boston to midwest...bear in mind he s kinda a big guy..abit short though...

after first rakat...table breaks and he falls off...but he gets up and continues with his prayer..mashallaah....though very funny
Miskeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:46 PM   #40
Whitney S
Qabeelat Salaam

Masha'Allah this is a great thread!!! I love reading everyones posts on where they have prayed before subhanAllah!!!

Some random places I have prayed before:
-Fajr salat in jama'ah outside a gas station while it was lightly raining (a group of us that drove to MSA East Zone 06' when it was in Orlando.
-An entire grey hound bus ride on the way to ISNA we stopped at a rest station outside on a large piece of grass outside on a beautiful day, we gathered quite a crowd it was beautiful.
-At my university, even though we are working on getting a designated prayer room insha'Allah, we pray in any empty study rooms or classrooms, or if its nice outside we would pray on the field outside, or on the balcony in one of the buildings.
-in a hotel room in Japan.... I know that's not super random but it meant a lot to me to make sadjah to Allah swt while I was in a different country for the first time alhamdulillah.

Check out our site!!!

From Mecca to Atlanta, no room for racism or separation... one goal, one purpose, one UMMAH.

Give Allah what's right -- not what's left.
Whitney S is offline   Reply With Quote