Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > The Purification Act: Fiqh ul-Ibaadah I-III - FQH 101

Old 09-17-2008, 10:47 PM   #41
Whitney S
Qabeelat Salaam

Re: When you gotta pray, you gotta pray!

-I've also prayed in an empty banquet hall in an indian resturaunt, it was pitch black in the very back of the resturaunt but alhamdulillah we made it
-Also the many times we have events at school we pray in the halls or the student centers at school.

Check out our site!!!

From Mecca to Atlanta, no room for racism or separation... one goal, one purpose, one UMMAH.

Give Allah what's right -- not what's left.
Whitney S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:02 PM   #42
Mubarak
Qabeelat Majd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadia Virk
Which direction did she want you to pray in?
I think it was towards Jerusalem
Mubarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:07 PM   #43
safa_709
Ummat Muhammad

I prayed in a Middle-eastern restaurant w/ some blairing Arabic music in the background.......talk about shaytaany distractions, lol.

I've prayed in the rain, snow, and sun ......nothing beats praying outside, SubhanAllah.

Though, I would say my most memorable sujood was in Masjid Al-Nabawi at 2am, under the night sky on the cold marble floor outside with the a slight hint of breezy air blowing.

بدأ
الإسلام غريباً، وسيعود غريباً كما بدأ،
فطوبى للغرباء

safa_709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:09 PM   #44
safa_709
Ummat Muhammad

During an urgent-not gonna miss dhuhr- situation I prayed in the back of a grad school bookstore.

بدأ
فطوبى للغرباء

Old 09-17-2008, 11:10 PM   #45
safa_709
Ummat Muhammad

Also, prayed in a national state park after making wudu in a nearby running stream/river.

بدأ
فطوبى للغرباء

Old 09-17-2008, 11:16 PM   #46
aaa
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatooba lil Ghurabaa'
I prayed in a Middle-eastern restaurant w/ some blairing Arabic music in the background.......talk about shaytaany distractions, lol.
i've prayed in a wedding with blasting music....imagine the
Concentration i had...( not so much).
aaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:20 PM   #47
Mubarak
Qabeelat Majd

I prayed at the African Lion Safari
Mubarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:31 PM   #48
eternalmuslimah
Banu Hayl

for me, it would have to be standing and praying in a corner at the airport in Detroit or Amsterdam... my family would even do jama'ah sometimes so that one of us wouldn't hv to feel awkward praying while standing alone... or, i've prayed randomly in a corner at school... (it's useful to carry a sajjaadah/prayer mat with you at all times for this reason). I admit, it takes a bit of courage to stand on ur own in a non-muslim country and offer your salaah... but may Allah reward us all greatly for it... and may we always continue to do so, ameen!

reading this stuff reminds me of how amazing it is in muslim countries, like saudi arabia, where stores would close at salaah time and people would have a jama'ah anywhere... be it the side of the road, or grocery stores would even have a special area for salaah... the major malls do too... alhamdulillah... but unfortunately it is becoming a rarity

it is up to us to provide the need for such places, insha'Allah...

jazaak Allah khayr, for this thread

QabeelatHayl
Come rain, storm or hayl... we'll still be there.

eternalmuslimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:49 AM   #49
Nafsul-Awwaamah
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalmuslimah
grocery stores would even have a special area for salaah... the major malls do too... alhamdulillah... but unfortunately it is becoming a rarity

it is up to us to provide the need for such places, insha'Allah...

jazaak Allah khayr, for this thread
Our arabi store has a special room for salaah. It has green carpet and the wall cut out thing for the imam (not really a minbar, just the cut out). And I say green carpet cause (almost) every masjid has a green carpet.
" Stop looking down upon others -
Allah might forgive them their ignorance, but might not forgive you your arrogance."
- Yasir Qadhi (hafidhahu Allaah)

Hosnaawi Nation Builder

Nafsul-Awwaamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:01 PM   #50
Sr.Sara
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Bint Al-Halal~
Assalamu-alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,
Yeah, so I'm sure all of us have had times where we've had to pray.. and had no choice but to pray right where we were standing . I started this thread because while I was travelling, my family and I stopped to pray.. and most everything was soaking wet with rain. So guess what? My mom starts praying on top of a picnic table , MashaAllah. It was a sight to see, but it also brought out the beauty of Islam. The importance of Salah, and the fact that we shouldn't care what people think when it comes to 'Ibaadah. Anyway, I'm interested to see what stories people come up with.. where have you prayed?
wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatUllahi wa barakatuhu,

Jazaki Allahu Khairan for this thread. I am looking forward to reading everyone's unique experiences.

I just wanted to share this hadith that came to my mind after I read your post:

Narrated Abu Salama bin 'Abdur-Rahman: I asked Abu Said Al-Khudri, "Did you hear Allah's Apostle talking about the Night of Qadr?" He replied in the affirmative and said, "Once we were in Itikaf with Allah's Apostle in the middle ten days of (Ramadan) and we came out of it in the morning of the twentieth, and Allah's Apostle- delivered a sermon on the 20th (of Ramadan) and said, 'I was informed (of the date) of the Night of Qadr (in my dream) but had forgotten it.
So, look for it in the odd nights of the last ten nights of the month of Ramadan. I saw myself prostrating in mud and water on that night (as a sign of the Night of Qadr). So, whoever had been in Itikaf with Allah's Apostle should return for it.' The people returned to the mosque (for Itikaf).
There was no trace of clouds in the sky. But all of a sudden a cloud came and it rained. Then the prayer was established (they stood for the prayer) and Allah's Apostle prostrated in mud and water and I saw mud over the forehead and the nose of the Prophet. (Sahih Al-Bukhari Book #33, Hadith #252)

Abd Allah b. Shawdhab (d. 157 AH/774 CE) said,

"Verily, it is from the happiness of a youth or a foreigner that Allah guides them to a scholar from Ahl as-Sunnah."
al-Laalikaa'ee in Sharh Usoolul - I'tiqaad (no.30)

Sr.Sara is offline   Reply With Quote