Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Institute Main Administration > Ilm Summit > IlmSummit Dawah Project

Old 08-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #1
KhairSeekers
Ummat Muhammad

YQ Da'wah Project Launched!!

Salaamu 'Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

At Ilm Summit the idea of a Da'wah Project focusing on creating Islamic literature for non-Muslims was discussed by Sheikh Yaser Qadhi (hafidhaullah) and was initiated (by some students).

Alhamdulillah, this project is now rolling and open for everyone to join.

Help in the following areas are needed:

Finances:
Finances – help support this project financially (producing the booklet, website maybe)

Design/Web:
Graphic design – designing a graphically appealing booklet (website maybe)
Webmaster/s – (in case a website is created)

Leadership:
Team leader – Lead various teams above (for those who have some experience in leadership)

Contacts – a database of Muslim brothers and sisters who non-Muslims may be paired up with (of the same gender) to discuss Islam further through e-mail.

Writing Team:
Content – to help research and write content (for those active in the field of da'wah)
Editing – if you are proficient with the English language (grammar etc.)

If you are interested in any of the above please e-mail: (email removed due to spamming in my inbox) with the specific area/s that you are interested in joining.

Sign up by Wed. September 3rd to catch everything, one can still join after this date.

In case you have questions, they can be addressed by e-mailing: (e-mail removed due to spamming in my inbox)

Also note that this effort was recently engaged, and there may be some modifications to the above mentioned project goals and/or teams.

Those who already signed up at Ilm Summit need not sign up again, unless they do not receive e-mails within the next week concerning this project, then please e-mail us.

Jazakum Allahu Khairan!

Last edited by KhairSeekers; 07-08-2010 at 08:56 PM.
KhairSeekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:39 PM   #2
shukr or sabr
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Re: YQ Da'wah Project Launched!!

Assalaamu alaikum,

This project sounds like it has a lot of potential, ma sha Allah. I noticed the name calling thread. I had a few questions first though (sorry if they already have been answered, I'm a bit out of the loop on this one):

1. What specificially is the purpose of this project? In other words, there are a million and one projects about dawah to Muslims. What niche or angle are you taking?

2. What makes you different than the other million and one dawah projects and literature to non-Muslims? In other words, what's your USP - unique 'selling' proposition?

The dawah project name should take these things into consideration.
shukr or sabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:37 AM   #3
KhairSeekers
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by shukr or sabr
Assalaamu alaikum,

This project sounds like it has a lot of potential, ma sha Allah. I noticed the name calling thread. I had a few questions first though (sorry if they already have been answered, I'm a bit out of the loop on this one):

1. What specificially is the purpose of this project? In other words, there are a million and one projects about dawah to Muslims. What niche or angle are you taking?

2. What makes you different than the other million and one dawah projects and literature to non-Muslims? In other words, what's your USP - unique 'selling' proposition?

The dawah project name should take these things into consideration.
Alaikum As Sallam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,

Jazakillahu Khairan for your inquiry.

Sheikh Yasir is away at ISNA, InshaAllah when he returns he can give a much more detailed answer. From what we learned at Ilm Summit the sheikh mentioned that he did not like most of the Da'wah material out there, nor the concept of handing non-Muslims Qur'an translations. The main purpose for this was to create a larger booklet (~20 pages) which gave the basics as an intro and if the prospect was thirsty for more, you give them something a little bigger to digest (a book), and they come back for more you finally go ahead and give them a translation. InshaAllah until the shiekh can come back and clarify further, I hope the above will suffice.

Rest assured that we are not trying to reinvent the wheel.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:30 AM   #4
shukr or sabr
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Jazak Allah khair. I will wait for the details then. I'm glad that this will be different. This sounds like a good project. I might be able to help in some way but looking for the details first.
shukr or sabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:01 PM   #5
Faiez
Qabeelat Wasat

Don't reinvent the wheel

check these links out: http://www.dawahcorps.com/ & http://onestopdawahshop.org/
"Thus We have made you a Wasat (just) (and the best) nation, that you be witnesses over mankind and the Messenger be a witness over you." (2:143)

Shaykh al Islam Ibn Taymiyyah:"In fact they are in the middle path amongst the sects of the Ummah, just as this Ummah is in the middle path amongst (other) nations"
Faiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:26 PM   #6
Dawud Israel
Qabeelat Majd

Bismillah

For financing I suggest you contact halfdate dot com. They do some fundraising and I think Sh. Muhammad AlShareef did some stuff with them a while back. Ma sha Allah, great brothers.

One suggestion I have is to test the dawah literature out--that is, try it out on non-Muslims and see if they convert or come very close to. And edit the literature accordingly until you come up with your magic recipe!

And none can guide except Allah.

Baraka Allahu feek.

QuranJam.com

MUSLIMOLOGY: Dawah Research and Development

Subhânaka-llâhumma wa bi-hamdika. Ash’hadu al-lâ ilâha illâ anta wahdaka lâ sharîka lak. Astaghfiruka wa atűbu ilayk. Ameen.
“Glory and praise be to You. I testify that there is no God but You alone without partner. I beseech Your forgiveness and repent to You.”

Dawud Israel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:18 AM   #7
Rizak
Banu Wedad

I want to join this so badddly! (in a good way)
I am not sure if I have time, at the moment but inshaAllah I will be able to set aside some time for this.

(graphic design)
Old 09-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #8
sireen
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Assalamu Alaikum,

I emailed the address but I did not get anything yet...

Has it been launched yet?

Jazakum Allahu khairan
Old 09-06-2008, 06:22 PM   #9
Slaveofthe1
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhairSeekers
Alaikum As Sallam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,

Jazakillahu Khairan for your inquiry.

Sheikh Yasir is away at ISNA, InshaAllah when he returns he can give a much more detailed answer. From what we learned at Ilm Summit the sheikh mentioned that he did not like most of the Da'wah material out there, nor the concept of handing non-Muslims Qur'an translations. The main purpose for this was to create a larger booklet (~20 pages) which gave the basics as an intro and if the prospect was thirsty for more, you give them something a little bigger to digest (a book), and they come back for more you finally go ahead and give them a translation. InshaAllah until the shiekh can come back and clarify further, I hope the above will suffice.

Rest assured that we are not trying to reinvent the wheel.
tayyab.

Has anyone read the 'Islam is' book? I think it does the job quite nicely. And if its not the same thing...then how does this differ?

I'm not asking to put the efforts down but rather to make sure we are putting our efforts where its needed most.

And Allah knows best.
Slaveofthe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:51 AM   #10
KhairSeekers
Ummat Muhammad

Everyone who e-mailed and/or signed up through Ilm Summit should have been added to the group.

If for some reason you have not, please e-mail: (e-mail removed due to spamming in my inbox) along with the team/s you are interested in.

Last edited by KhairSeekers; 07-08-2010 at 08:57 PM.