Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Projects > Ramadan Special: HeartWheel Journal

Old 09-02-2008, 02:03 PM   #11
UmZahra
Ummat Muhammad

Re: What Have You Learned? Heartwheel Reflections

Assalaamu Alaikum,

I've learned the importance of the hadith which includes the following advice:
'make the most of your free time before your preoccupation'

I've downloaded the journal, it's alot to take on but after just browsing through it, it's already impacted on me. Subhan Allah.

Only thing is that, I am now 38 weeks pregnant and know that I'll preoccupied in the coming weeks. Will try me best.

Please remember me in your duaas.
UmZahra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:05 PM   #12
UmA
Qabeelat Majd

I've learned that I have no idea how to print this online pdf, my printer driver just isn't acknowledging, any suggestions?
UmA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #13
hibahmac
Qabeelat Haqq

[QUOTE=Idil AbdulkadirI've learned that it's all about accountability! You can make all the grand intentions you want (and may Allah accept the best of our intentions) but if you're not calling yourself to account and looking at your deeds on paper you won't make any serious progress.

Looking at the gap between my plans and my actions has been slightly depressing, but a good motivator insha'Allah. How can you change yourself without a little pain. right?[/QUOTE]I second that, ukhti!!

Ya Shaykh Muhammad, I despaired getting much of anything out of this Ramadan because I'm expecting, alhamduliLlah, and did not plan to fast. Furthermore, fasting has never been my forte and I haven't considered any previous Ramadan effort (even when not pregnant) to be successful in a lasting way on a physical or heart level. This journal is truly helping me make the best of this time despite extra burden; for once I have hope of leaving Ramadan having gained something, leaving a better person than when I entered. May Allah ta'ala reward you many times over in this life and the next for this contribution to our lives, amin.

What I've learned is that I have a long way to go in respect to my heart. Not that I didn't have a clue, but witnessing the gap between heart and mind in black-and-white is jarring. I've learned that I haven't been a complete friend to my own heart in its nourishment. I know the how and why this more cerebral way of being is the default mode, but finally understand that I won't be welcomed into His devotees and into His jannah with it, not without making space for my heart to live strong and truly sound so I can return tranquil, pleased, and well-pleasing to Him. Of all things, I yearn for this ultimate belonging, acceptance, and experience, and I'm grateful for this tool to support making that space, to work toward the best position I can for His mercy.

Last edited by hibahmac; 09-02-2008 at 05:37 PM.
hibahmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #14
hibahmac
Qabeelat Haqq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idil Abdulkadir
ukhti
Soooorrrrryyyyy!! I changed it.
hibahmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:45 PM   #15
Ola
Qabeelat Ittihaad

I've also learned that I have such a long way to go and so much that I need to do. Writing it down really helps because it allows me to see the contrast and use 'actions' to get somewhere as opposed to just thinking.
I've also realized (not 'learned' because I'm still struggling to act on this) that we have so much time on our hands that we don't really use too well.
I've also realized that there are so many distractions in life that keep us away from remembering Allah (S) as much as we should.
One last thing, I feel that with fasting I can concentrate better on my prayers. Allahu a3lam
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:16 PM   #16
safia :P
Qabeelat Al-Shams

Red face Re: What Have You Learned? Heartwheel Reflections

ive learnt that i spend more time then i realised doing nothing useful... and inshalah this ramadhan ill be able to change that.
ive also noticed that planning to do things, actually helps me get on and do them, whereas i would usually be way too lazy to bother with following through my intentions
safia :P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #17
Muhammad Alshareef
Founder/Director of AlMaghrib Institute, EmanRush Audio & Khutbah.com

Ma sha Allah, something I learned:
The hearthweel Journal is giving people a chance to look at their hearts. Without the journal, it would probably be the same old same old, not realizing that there is toothpaste on our face.

Almost like giving someone the gift of a mirror.
Muhammad Alshareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #18
farzhana
QShams Crew Member

Bismillah.

Well, it was my first time watching the Heart Wheel programme on Islam Channel.
It's very good ma sha Allah!

Ok, here are my reflections:
I learned that I don't contemplate how important my body is to me and that I need to be more thankful to Allah for the blessings that he has bestowed on me.

I remembered something Dr. Bilal Philips said when he was in London last Ramadan. He said, 'Oh Muslims, stop feasting and start fasting!'

How fitting is this statement with what Shaykh Muhammad mentioned in today's show?

I also learned that I need to cut down on my coffee and tea intake!!!
They accumulate too many acids in the body which end up making fasting in Ramadan and fasting throughout the year so much harder.
To enjoy Allah's Blessings in the company of my brethren."

(The end of a poem by Sh. Ali al-Timimi, may Allah hasten his release!)
farzhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:07 PM   #19
farzhana
QShams Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Alshareef
Ma sha Allah, something I learned:
The hearthweel Journal is giving people a chance to look at their hearts. Without the journal, it would probably be the same old same old, not realizing that there is toothpaste on our face.

Almost like giving someone the gift of a mirror.
Subhan Allah, very true!!!
To enjoy Allah's Blessings in the company of my brethren."

(The end of a poem by Sh. Ali al-Timimi, may Allah hasten his release!)
farzhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #20
Ola
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by farzhana

I remembered something Dr. Bilal Philips said when he was in London last Ramadan. He said, 'Oh Muslims, stop feasting and start fasting!'

How fitting is this statement with what Shaykh Muhammad mentioned in today's show?
Today's show? am I missing something?
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote