Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Projects > Ramadan Special: HeartWheel Journal

Old 09-03-2008, 07:58 PM   #21
Saba Hashmat
Qabeelat Wedad

Re: What Have You Learned? Heartwheel Reflections

I learned that the heart wheel journal provides focus.....usually I would have running in my head 10 different things I need to work on but now that I write down what to work on I actually do it. The focuse gives me discipline and that provides for a heart that is excited about all the things I can change about myself to take this Ramadan to the next level inshallah.

Compassion/Mercy --->--->Jannah
Allah SWT will ask you what you said about a person not what you DIDN'T say
♥Q. Wedad♥

Saba Hashmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #22
Alrryaan
Ummat Muhammad

Asalamu Alykum,

May Allah swt reward the sheik greatly for all his efforts ameen,

I am also following the heartwheel journal day to day, I find that some days its better then the other days, especially the days that I have to go out and do other things. My school started today so things were even harder, in the times I had free time I find that I did not utilize my time in doing dikr and other ibadah that I have set for myself, with these distractions you find that you tend to forget and lose time. In ramadan one thing I try not to do is waste time and this is something I struggle with.

I have alot to improve and work on, my biggest challenge is minimizing my distractions and balance between work, family, school, ibadah and other things that I have to do.

In the three days I learned when writing down the 5 things you want to accomplish for that day, if I don't achieve one of my goals I make up for it for another goal within the same day which works very well Alhamduilah.

May Allah swt help us all to achieve all our goals and make it successful and productive Ramadan for all of us ameen!
Alrryaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:40 PM   #23
Dreams

Alrryaan, how can you incorporate school into your success strategy? What part of your school day can you use to to progress forward in the goals you have set for yourself?

A teacher friend of mine has just returned to work, and I asked her how she was utilising her journey to work.

Alrryaan, can you think of two creative ways for you to add focus to your day so that you don't waste time.

I wish you great success with your Ramadan Heart Wheel Journal.

Wassalam
Old 09-04-2008, 08:59 PM   #24
sfayyaz
Qabeelat Durbah

Asalamualaikum,

The journal really helps me to humble myself. When you see a big difference between what you planned and what you actually get done, you realize how weak you truly are and that you really need Allah's help in everything you do.

Writing down goals really clarifies things for me because I know where I'm going and what I need to do for the day. At the end of the day when I sit down to evaluate myself and I still come up short, it forces me to work even harder the next day so that I can make up for the lag in the previous days.

Without the journal, I would not have been able to see or realize things that I'm seeing now. For example, without the journal if I missed reading sunnah prayers, I would not feel so guilty and I would just console myself that I can read more sunnah prayers later on in the day or some other day. However, with the journal, if I feel like missing sunnah prayers, I have a serious guilt trip.

Although it feels really bad and sometimes makes you feel really down when you compare and contrast what you actually did to your planned goals, I feel its a worthwhile struggle which will help us all to improve ourselves spiritually Insha'Allah.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:48 AM   #25
Iman_
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Alshareef
Ma sha Allah, something I learned:
The hearthweel Journal is giving people a chance to look at their hearts. Without the journal, it would probably be the same old same old, not realizing that there is toothpaste on our face.

Almost like giving someone the gift of a mirror.
Subhan'Allah so true!
Iman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:13 AM   #26
Eva Warda Kabir
Ummat Muhammad

Assalamu alaikum wr.wb...unfortunately havent been able to download the journal as yet!! what to do? HELP!!
Eva Warda Kabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #27
Saba Hashmat
Qabeelat Wedad

I learned it helps to have people to go to taraweeh with then you actually go...

Also I learned that this journal is like writing down your deeds (a mini version of what the angels do) once you see what need to do you watch yourself more because you see the gap between where you are and where you should be and you know that if you don't do this tonight it will be written down not only by the angels but by yourself that you didn't do it..makes you accountable and lets you know that you cannot get to your destination (ie janatul firdous) without purifying your heart.

Compassion/Mercy --->--->Jannah
Allah SWT will ask you what you said about a person not what you DIDN'T say
♥Q. Wedad♥

Last edited by Saba Hashmat; 09-05-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Saba Hashmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #28
Alrryaan
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams
Alrryaan, how can you incorporate school into your success strategy? What part of your school day can you use to to progress forward in the goals you have set for yourself?

A teacher friend of mine has just returned to work, and I asked her how she was utilising her journey to work.

Alrryaan, can you think of two creative ways for you to add focus to your day so that you don't waste time.

I wish you great success with your Ramadan Heart Wheel Journal.

Wassalam
Walykum Salam Dreams Jazallahu kheir for your advice, I feel that I am failing to achieve the goals I have set for myself I see it becoming pattern for me in the past two days especially Day 4 and 5 and all started when I went back to school thats when I lost my routine I was following. When I was home, it seemed that I had the most time to do alot things that I set for myself and I felt at the end I was happy to achieve most of my goals Alhamduilah and I was more focused but now that I started school there is no time to achieve most my goals anymore.

I am in class most of the day, and whenever I have time I am either running places to get something and this doesn't stop here, there is always something that comes up that I need to do and whenever I come home I get busy with family, doing iftars and doing other things in the house, and I feel that if my day starts weak and it destroys the whole day for me and it becomes frustrating subhanallah I am struggling to find time, and usually I find little time towards the end of the day after margrib and by that time I feel soo tired that I cannot focus.

how do people manage between work, school, family, ibadah and many more I don't know I would really appreciate any suggestions that you may have in regards to how to make used of our time without losing track.

Jazallahu kheir
Alrryaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:41 AM   #29
hajaat
Banu Wedad

Assalaamuralaikum

I just find out about the journal and insha Allah i would start it

May Allah bless u all my brothers and sisters in islam
hajaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:28 AM   #30
oummee
Qabeelat Al-Shams

Assalamualaikum everyone
Alrrayan, I totally understand what you mean...its been the same for me too going to back to teaching last week...at school, my free time goes so quickly by doing bits and pieces that I cant find time to do at home especially with my 6 months old son....What I do is I try to do dhikr while travelling to school or going back home....also Ive found that staying in my class rather than the office makes it easier to make duahs, dhikr, or read.....I also found that filling in my journal in the early morning gives me more time to reflect and think about things I would do/have done...Im like you after maghrib, by that time my mind is focussing on my lessons for the next day....I guess we need to make duahs and ask Allah to give us the strength and make our faiths stronger...Ameen
Wassalam
oummee is offline   Reply With Quote