Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Partners > EmanRush Press©

Old 10-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
Yaser Birjas

"KATIB" club:The Gem Reel Series (GRS) Project

The Gem Reel Series Project, “GRS Project”

How many times were you motivated by reading a one-liner gem or word of wisdom? How many people do you know are using these one-liner inspirational statements as their office or room decoration? At least I know some, and I’m sure you do, and they are very motivated and they themselves are very inspirational people. They keep these words handy and refer to them very often to keep their spirit high and alive. These gems can vary and reflect different themes; social, political, spiritual, human,…etc but they all do the same work, inspire and motivate.

AlMaghrib classes have been the source of inspiration for so many of us, and we have seen these reflections of inspirational thoughts come out in a form of one-liner or more gems. Each class covered a different theme and all produced gems of their own, they were all inspirational. We read them and enjoy the EmanRush moment we get as we go through each one of them. Now, many of these gems go back to as early as the first class AlMaghrib Institute ever conducted with sh. Muhammad Alshareef. Where are all these gems? They are buried in the gem thread of each class folder. Gems reflecting ilm, manners, spirituality, dignity, pride, faith, doctrine, excitement, self improvement and so on, they need to be unearthed and revived. The amazing thing is that, most of these gems are original production of AlMaghrib students. Don’t you think our hard working and young thinker students deserve that their young thoughts and their words of wisdom be spread to the world? Let us together bring these gems to life.

Are you in?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
Yaser Birjas

Re: "KATIB" club:The Gem Reel Series (GRS) Project

What needs to be done?

1.Create a team of volunteer who will divide all class folders amongst themselves and unearth all the original gems from each Qabeelah gem thread.

2.Put all these gems in one collaborative document online for all the volunteers to share and contribute to.

3.We are still discussing if we should mention the screen name for originator of each gem.

4.Refine and re-refine all these documents, by eliminating repetition and keeping them in order.

5.Re-group the gems thematically.

6.After we have all these gems together we can use them for different projects, such as:

a.Gem Book series for each topic or each class. Imagine you have “The Rules of Engagement” Gem book?

b.The “Ilm Calendar” with a gem of the day theme for every day. The calendar should display class plans and other AlMaghrib activities. It can also be customized per each Qabeelah activities. Imagine you have “Love Notes Calendar” with marital advice every day reminding you of what to do or not to do?

c.The “Gem Card” that carry different inspirational themes. Subr, Eman, Seeking knowledge… etc. We can use them to be circulated amongst our students or for marketing techniques. What if someone falls sick and you send them a card with a gem taken from the class “Beautiful Patience”?

d.The “Gem Reel” trailers, like the one AlBaraa’ produced in Durbah and Hosna.

e.More ideas can be added as we work on the gems. I’m sure working on the gems will inspire us all with more ideas.

Are you in?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
Yaser Birjas

If you are interested in volunteering for any of the above projects, If you wish to become a “KATIB” member , if you have any extra ideas, then email me with your particular interest and as we collect enough volunteers we can start the project. Once the project starts rolling, we will update you on the forums and add more projects for more students to volunteer. Now, are you a “KATIB”?

Here is where you need to send your email: emanrushpress@almaghrib.org

Yaser Birjas
Old 10-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #4
RandomDudette
Ummat Muhammad

Wow, that's an amazing idea masha'Allah... oooh, that reminds me of those popular quips calendars, mugs, magnets, etc. that are commonly found in gift stores and such... imagine if we can do the same for our gems and expand into the mainstream market too! (I've noticed that Christians have done it - you can find loads of really nice items quoting Bible verses and so on in big department stores.)
RandomDudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
Yaser Birjas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDudette
Wow, that's an amazing idea masha'Allah... oooh, that reminds me of those popular quips calendars, mugs, magnets, etc. that are commonly found in gift stores and such... imagine if we can do the same for our gems and expand into the mainstream market too! (I've noticed that Christians have done it - you can find loads of really nice items quoting Bible verses and so on in big department stores.)
Well, check this out then:
http://forums.almaghrib.org/showpost...55&postcount=1

One bean at a time...
Old 10-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #6
Omar Mumtaz
Ameer, Banu Wedad

SubhanAllah... these are such beautiful ideas!

I see so much potential of benefit from these. insha'Allah!
I know I'm IN! I just feel that I need to free up more time so I can give these projects their rightful time and dedication

Now I see that I should have been more specific."
-Jane Wagner
Omar Mumtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:47 PM   #7
Fatima C
Qabeelat Ittihaad

A couple of friends and I were discussing and we came up with some reasons as to why YOU should join this project:

1. You get to learn la crème de la crème from each seminar
2. Sadaqah Jariyah
3. You’ll be part of a legacy
4. Excellent way to use your time efficiently by doing something beneficial
5. You'll be working under shaykh Yaser Birjas: ma sha Allah, you get to learn from his wisdom, his manners, you get to learn from his role as being a leader in the project

Hope it's of benefit in sha Allah.

Most hateful it is with Allah that you say that which you do not do.
[Surah as-Saff: 2-3]

Last edited by Fatima C; 10-16-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Fatima C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #8
Yaser Birjas

All those who applied for the GRS project by sending an email to emanrush press account will receive an email from their team leader soon insha'Allah and start the good work.

Get ready to share the khayr.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:10 PM   #9
rana06
Qabeelat Ittihaad

how are the team leaders chosen?
rana06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:33 AM   #10
Abd As Samad
QShams Crew Member

Bismillaah

I've sent an email in order to help out but could someone possibly just outline the project and what it entails bi'idhnillaah ta3aala

BaraakAllaahu feekum

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]www.almaghrib.org/london | www.qshams.org | www.facebook.com/qshams[/font]

....:::::Qabeelat AlShams:::::....

| TB |
LOG | BP | AHS | DL |
WS | VoS | EJ | TPS | EOAC | D2L
ChOC | PP | RF | ? | ?

Abd As Samad is offline   Reply With Quote