Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Precious Provisions: Fiqh of Food and Clothing - FQH 302

Old 10-29-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
HiBz EsSenSe ©
Ameerah, Qabeelat Tayybah

Precious Provision- testimonials and ambiance

Precious Provision: Fiqh of Food & Clothing - testimonials and ambiance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Alshareef

Bismillah.
One thing I have found is that when a new course comes to town, volunteers have a mini hurdle trying to get a 'feel' for a new seminar ... and this effects the enthusiasm by which they encourage others.

The hurdle that then happens is that 'after' they have attended the first weekend, they brag to their friends about how awesome the course was ... but by that time it's too late. People keep missing the train because they get pumped up 'after' the train has left the station.

So ... I would like to make the testimonials and ambiance thread in each course folder. Simply type up your testimonials and what you thought was awesome about the course. Then, those new Qabeelahs that get this course ... all they have to do is come and view this thread, reading it top to bottom, and then they will have the motivational fuel they need to believe in what they encourage people to attend... BEFORE the seminar and not after.
Bismillah ... tell us what you loved about the Precious Provision seminar, and it's ambiance:
...Let That Be Tha Reason...

HiBz EsSenSe © is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:01 AM   #2
umm zainab
Ummat Muhammad

Re: Precious Provision- testimonials and ambiance

as salaamu alaykum wr wbr ...

subhanAllah ... this class just makes you realize that you have to be more tolerant as a ummah , as Sheikh Yasir was explaining different madaahib and their view points on halal and haram etc ... True ilm makes you want to strive for excellence , yet accept differences

basically all the issues that are so talked and debated over are just a test of faith - thats how i'm seeing this after half the seminar ... be more critical of where you stand as a muslim , the choices are merely an effort in trying to attain Allah's pleasure !

may Allah swt give us true understanding of these vital day to day issues that will so greatly impact our eman / actions and hence our place in the hereafter ....
umm zainab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #3
Um Tammer
Qabeelat Mubeen

The slideshow really enhanced the whole class, it was really worth the extra effort.
Her sense of humour was appreciated.

Basically this clas reaffirmed the respect we should have for other Muslims. Differences
in opinion should not be major battleground. Think of the bigger picture..the akhirah.

This is very good class for the youth and young at heart.

Um Tammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
Mehreen Khan
Exam Coordinator, Qabeelat Mubeen

Awesome, awesome class mashaAllah. You know how fiqh classes sometimes tend to be a little dry? Well, there was never one dry moment in this class. Literally everything you learn in this class can be applied to our daily lives. Sh. YQ did a superb job mashaAllah
Mehreen Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #5
shining_star
Qabeelat Durbah

this class was one of the best calsses, i learned so much,
so much that i didnt know before nd was confused about,
But Allhumdulliah! i now have of an understanding on this topic
shining_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #6
iss ME! zahweee!
Qabeelat Tayybah

i can say paragraphs and paragraphs about this class.. but i'd rather just some it up and give you some teasing hints:

-AMAZING
-beneficial
-"titillating" - lol, the word just tickles you when you hear it perfectly enunciated by shaykh YQ
-"Is YQ the new GQ?" - you have to take it just to see this (we weren't allowed pics)
-relevant
-enlightening
-iman-boosting
-doubt-clearing
-ANSWERS TO YOUR FAVE QUESTIONS (minus the moonsighting)
Wheresoever you may be, Allah will bring you all together.
Indeed Allah is Able to do all things.
[2:148]
. . .
PrOuD MeMBeR of IbnFaqih's 60
iss ME! zahweee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:53 AM   #7
Danish Siddiqui

Awesome job on this class! The slides and notebook were AMAZING, masha'Allah!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #8
Bright Star
Qabeelat Durbah

This was an amazing class! I don't think anyone felt sleepy or tired; in fact, when it would be break time, it was like "already?!?"
This is the most practical and relevant class especially for the Muslim youth in the West. Sh Yasir was very organized, unbiased, clear to the point, and all the while being very respectful. The slides for the class were also wonderful. How I wish we could've gotten one picture of "is YQ the new GQ" lol....

Basically, I feel sorry for anyone who missed out on this class- it's your loss..... so those who still have the chance, TAKE IT NOW!!!!! seriously, you won't regret it!

No one is more patient when hearing an insult than Allah. They attribute a son to Him, yet He still gives them sustenance and health.
سبحان الله
Bright Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:42 PM   #9
alia99jamal
Qabeelat Durbah

Bismillah
The most practicle class when it comes to yourself and your relation with others you can stop arguing with your freinds and family over issues you been arguing so far!!! After Code of Scholars this is the class which opens your eyes to a different world.... its world of fiqh and it makes you realize ... you are not the only right person out there other people could be right too!!!
In a nut shell: If you want to make your life easy??? TAKE THIS CLASS!!!! or you will be suffering a lot of DOUBTS FOR REST OF YOUR LIFE ........... !!!!!
alia99jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #10
bint_habibullah
Qabeelat Durbah

So I purposely didn't write a testimonial right after class...I wanted to see how practical the info was in my daily life. So, now that it's weeks after I can say DEFINITELY!

SubhanAllah every morning I question what I'm wearing, why am I wearing it. Is it to get some attention? Is it too flamboyant? I've reassessed my wardrobe in a whole new way, mashaAllah.

...and taking tiny bits of meat out of salads has never felt so...guiltless, I say! Alhumdulillah.

Take the class, the info is sooooo useful and you can use it literally, everyday! I'm still using it now.

Shaykh Yasir, Jazakallahu khairan for teaching at Durbah! It really has impacted us in a daily way. Alhumdulillah.

AlMaghrib Institute
Qabeelat Durbah Campus
Class of 2012 in sha Allah

What will you accomplish in 3 years?
bint_habibullah is offline   Reply With Quote