Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Precious Provisions: Fiqh of Food and Clothing - FQH 302

Old 02-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #11
bint_habibullah
Qabeelat Durbah

Re: Precious Provision- testimonials and ambiance

Oh and it definitely teaches you to overlook the things your fellow Muslims do, be more forgiving of them, have good thoughts about them and all that stuff we are told to do but don't usually.

As for me, alhumdulillah, I'm getting more exotic with my cuisine choices. Dabb anyone?

AlMaghrib Institute
Qabeelat Durbah Campus
Class of 2012 in sha Allah

What will you accomplish in 3 years?
bint_habibullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #12
Kaltham
Banu Hayl

Assalaamu aleeykum,

Subhanna Allah, a lot of people, especially people I know to be hard core knowledge seekers, dismissed this class because they thought it to be too easy, already known info! They really missed out!

This class teaches you the reason behind the things you do everyday, the wisdom behind many of those actions that became robotic for us... I liked learning about the details of the different opinions... it made you understand where each opinion came from leading to more tolerance... this is why comparative fiqh is awesome!

I also loved shaykh Yasir's tangents, the shaykh really explains things thoroughly from every angle, he asks your questions and answers them for you... masha Allah, may Allah protect our shaykh, increase him in knowledge and benefit and grant him the highest levels of jannah...

Fi Amaani'Laah
|||
And say to My slaves that they should (only) say those words that are the best. Verily Shaitân sows disagreements among them. Surely, Shaitân (Satan) is to man a plain enemy. (Al-Isra 17:53)
Kaltham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #13
Rahma
Ameerah, Banu Hayl

Assalama 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

I absolutely loved this class!

I was first reminded about what was said about the different types of knowledge, the type where you really are reminded of the vastness of the knowledge of this deen, and you realize you just hit the tip of the ice berg. For me, it was a reminder of the many aspects of our lives, and really made us a bit cautious and happy to be doing as much as we can in the way of life. In addition, I was really touched by the newness of some of the material, and subhana'Allah, it just goes to show the beauty of this religion.

Furthermore, I loved the partical aspect of this class...the shaykh pretty much laid out the foundations of the topic, and presented as it was. Also, the question an answer sessions for both the sisters and brothers, I think a lot of peoples questions were really answered that they were hoping to ask someone who was learned. I ask Allah Azza wa jala, to reward Shaykh Yasir, and for our hearts to be blessed with beneficial knowledge.

Wa'alaykuma Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Hayl, change is on the rise...bismillah

Rahma is offline   Reply With Quote