Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Projects > Qur'an Memorization

Old 12-09-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
Ahmed Ibn Hassan
Ummat Muhammad

Question Memorization Schedule?

Quran Memorization Schedule?

As-alaam alaykum,

Alhumdulilha, memorizing/understanding the quran is great niima (bounty) from Allah and only a benefit to those who act upon it’s meanings.

Alhumdulilha I have this quran memorization schedule I’ve been following for quite some time now (give to me by a brother) it’s helped a lot. The only problem of concern I’m having now is I’m feeling the anxiety, pressure, overloaded, because of the very busy schedule I have (with school, work, ect..) (with many pages to memorize...ect) but no excuses. I know this was going to happen sooner rather than later, because my teacher has a strict policy and guidelines you need to meet each week and don’t want to downgrade but maybe change up the timings a bit. Having this problem makes me stay up late at night, wake up earlier, yani it’s taking over my life slowly?

What do you think? What should I do?... I would be helpful if you could provide some type of outline of scheduling for me insha’Allah.

Ahmed
Old 12-09-2008, 11:24 PM   #2
praisebe2allah
Qabeelat Haadi

Re: Memorization Schedule?

Subhanallah...I am having the same issue intereted to hear and benefit from the suggestions inshallah.

personally speaking,I have tried keeping up my memorization schedule as well as other commitments (i.e school etc) and it was too much for me i was getting little sleep etc and although unintenional my retention was deteriorating so i was forced to reduce how my daily amount

praisebe2allah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
TrustInAllah
Qabeelat Ansar

Thumbs up Re: Memorization Schedule?

Assalaamu 'alaykum wa Rahmatullaah,

You just need to ask yourself what your priorities are and how much time you can spend on everything.

Note everything you absolutely must do, for example, say you absolutely must go to school and work, then your memorization schedule has to suit all of this.

If you do just one page a day, it usually would take people anywhere from between 20 mins to an hour.

Say you do one page after fajr every day, spending an hour on it, so for example 6:30am-7:30am you spend just memorizing your page, then your done your memorization for the day and you have the whole day to do your school and work. Before you go to bed, review the one page you did. Then, the next morning you review from memory the page from the previous day, and start the new page.

Keep going like that for two years, and insha'Allaahu ta'aala you will be done your memorization!

Memorization takes alot of patience, and commitment, and sacrifice and... =D But subhan Allaah, you will realize after you do it for a while, the whole routine becomes a natural habit. So long as you are consistant.

Those are just my 2 cents (for whatever their worth =P), I hope they were of benefit.

May Allaah facilitate it for you,

-TrustinAllaah

~*~*~
TrustInAllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:52 PM   #4
*Iman*
Qabeelat Majd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed Ibn Hassan
Quran Memorization Schedule?

As-alaam alaykum,

Alhumdulilha, memorizing/understanding the quran is great niima (bounty) from Allah and only a benefit to those who act upon it’s meanings.

Alhumdulilha I have this quran memorization schedule I’ve been following for quite some time now (give to me by a brother) it’s helped a lot. The only problem of concern I’m having now is I’m feeling the anxiety, pressure, overloaded, because of the very busy schedule I have (with school, work, ect..) (with many pages to memorize...ect) but no excuses. I know this was going to happen sooner rather than later, because my teacher has a strict policy and guidelines you need to meet each week and don’t want to downgrade but maybe change up the timings a bit. Having this problem makes me stay up late at night, wake up earlier, yani it’s taking over my life slowly?

What do you think? What should I do?... I would be helpful if you could provide some type of outline of scheduling for me insha’Allah.

Ahmed
Wa Alaykum Salam

I memorize the Quran on my own schedule and i am looking to increase my memorization so i was wondering if you could share the schedule you are currently using.

I agree with what TrustinAllah has suggested, to make a list of all the things you have to do then make a schedule with that list. After fajr is the best time to memorize, so maybe you should memorize then. Make lots of du'a. Sometimes people forget to make du'a, but subhanallah it really helps. Dua Weapon of the Believer by Yasir Qadhi, helps you increase your chances of your du'a being answered.

May Allah put barakah in your time and increase your memorization.

Qabeelat Majd ; The tribe of Glory

"They said: 'Have you come in order to turn us aside from our gods? Then bring upon us (calamities) with which you do threaten us, if you are telling the truth"
[Ahqaf: 22]

*Iman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
Ahmed Ibn Hassan
Ummat Muhammad

Asalaam Alaykum,

TrustinAllah, jazkallah kahir for your suggestion, Alhumdulilha that’s what I was doing before I had any prepared schedule of any sort. It works completely alhumdulilha! But I used to do half a page at for (1hr) then at night after Isha I would repeat that (and read half of my next lesson). Alhumdulilha that was without any weekly teachings or scheduling. I do get a lot of motivation and a sense of reassurance for example you do that for sometime and you read as the day goes on yani humming it to yourself in class, work, walking ect.
Jazakallah kahr for that, brought back some good memories.

Sister Iman the schedule I’m using is very confusing to start with (it’s a weekly thing) i personally would memorize on my own but I made some commitments. I would suggest what sister turstinAllah said. However, for some people their memorization changes every week and it also has to do how busy you are or how much free time you have. Your defiantly right dua is our weapon and can only be a benefit to those who take advantage of it.

If any of you still have more ideas please share
(I'm looking for more of what you do)
Old 12-11-2008, 12:41 PM   #6
Rahma
Ameerah, Banu Hayl

Assalama 'Alaykum Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Masha'Allah, awesome thread. I realized a lot of people are in this same boat-school, work, dawah stuff, and then somewhere in there one must get their quran memorization in. Subhana'Allah, as I've discovered while keeping up with all these things, the drive and motivation to keep up with the book of Allah is intensfied.

First thing first, I think one needs to be realisitic on how much your able to do. Usually, I look at juzs and how much I've accomplished in a times span. A weekly schedule is a great thing to keep up with so as to see your juz-long run progress.

Things that may work:
*Keeping a bi-weekly schedule (from monday-friday-memorize x number of pg (s)

*Review time (memorization is easy-retaining is the hard part)-keeping old juzs in tact-start from bottom juzs and work way up-either reciting from mushaf or from top. Set allocated time for this as well-different from time needed to memorize new material.

*Audio (Random-but this really helps in the memorization process and retention as well) While not in front of the the mushaf-keep cd's, ipod, tapes, playing with what you plan to memorize/are memorizing/have memorized. Keep these going while driving,waiting for class to start, work etc. as it will do you wonders and make the process easier once you've got the mushaf at hand.

May Allah, the most high, make the process and path to memorization easier in the midst of the hustle and bustle of life.

Wa'alaykuma Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Hayl, change is on the rise...bismillah

Rahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:26 PM   #7
AkheeAB
Ummat Muhammad

Causes that Aid in the Memorization of the Qur’an

“For those of you who wish to embark on the praiseworthy path of memorising Qur’aan, the path which all the scholars and students of knowledge had first taken, this project will insha’Allaah aim to fully translate a very useful (albeit small) book titled ‘Asbaab al-Mu’eena ‘alaa Hifdh al-Qur’aan’ written to ease the memorisation of Qur’aan, containing practical tips as well as verses and ahadeeth speaking of the virtues of hifdh and the huffaadh.” Sister Farhia Yahya has just finished this project of translating this book in English. It’s an excellent resource for anyone who is serious about memorizing the Qur’an and it’s now available to us in English!

"Useful knowledge is that which makes you grow in the fear of Allah, increases you in awareness of your defects, deepens your knowledge of the worship of your Lord Most High, decreases your desire for this world and increases your desire for the life to come, and opens your eyes to the defects of your actions so that you guard against them."
-Imam Ghazali
AkheeAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #8
Ahmed Ibn Hassan
Ummat Muhammad

Jazakallahu kahirun!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:42 AM   #9
Samira
Qabeelat Al-Shams

As salaam aleykum,

I was just wondering, are there any surahs...going to be memorized.??

Was surah ibrahim the last surah?

When will we start memorizing the next surah???

Was salaam aleykum
Samira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:28 PM   #10
Ilahi
Qabeelat Durbah

Assalamu Alaikum,

I think it depends on how many juz a person already memorized. On average a person is given the advice to read 3 juz if he/she memorized the whole quran or even half by most quran teachers. But, if that is not practical or if it takes more than 20-30min/juz then saying two juz a day could work until you can read them at a better pace and increase to three or four. Don't let anything get in the way of quran, because I've already learned my mistake the hard way, I was so busy with school and in so much stress that I stopped reading the quran when I had barely any mistakes, and a few months later I'm having a lot more mistakes. I think its better to sacrifice some sleep and read the daily # of juz when they're easy to read than decreasing the load and having trouble later. But, that all depends on how you're doing right now. So everyone has their own load to carry. Not to say that the Quran is a load, but it will become burdensome when you're worried about losing it. And of course duaa and effort is the weapon.
Ilahi is offline   Reply With Quote