Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Precious Provisions: Fiqh of Food and Clothing - FQH 302

Old 10-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #41
Alima
Ameerah, Qabeelat Fawz

Re: ~~~> why the niQaaB is sooooo CooL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizak
Ok this is an absolute serious question, how in the world do you recognize your family or friends who are Niqabi... Is it possible?

Salaam,

There are many benefits to wearing the niqaab alhamdulillah...

Brother, regarding your question, well a sister doesn't get recognised most of time if she is not around sisters who can recognise her instantly, hence she has to point herself out.

Personally, it's very amusing and fun at times, and adds to one of the reasons why the niqaab is cool.

Alima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #42
iss ME! zahweee!
Qabeelat Tayybah

i have REALLY funny stories about husbands talking to the wrong person by accident because they failed to recognize which of the sisters was his wife. in one case the "talked-to" person was my sister and she merely backed up and pointed at his wife (meaning "uhh.. she's right there")

a second scenario i know of, sadly, was one i went through.. it still cracks me up to this day
we were at a sunday school BBQ and i was sitting with a fellow niqaabi on the stairs outside and out of the way of everyone charging the food line when she got up for something.. all of a sudden i see a brother (her husband) from the corner of my eye at the bottom of the stairs almost doing jumping jacks and waving his arms up in the air trying to get my attention.. as soon as i turned my head towards him, he suddenly froze and walked away.. poor bro

ok those stories were only stated for humor reasons, but the fact is, even though only the eyes show, they are usually enough to recognize someone.. not to mean you should be staring at people in the eyes, but it's only natural when that's all that's visible that you see those automatically without even trying..

also, usually your female family members will have mercy on you and instead of getting a kick out of watching you turn this way and that, they'll point themselves out to you or give you a call on the cell..

it's usually smart to set up a meeting place if you know you're in an area where lots of niqaabi sisters will be (or even sisters in general, we all tend to stick in groups so it's hard to see through)

mistakes do happen, but not often enough to be a real issue, alhamdulillah
Wheresoever you may be, Allah will bring you all together.
Indeed Allah is Able to do all things.
[2:148]
. . .
PrOuD MeMBeR of IbnFaqih's 60
iss ME! zahweee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #43
Umm Ikhlaas
QShams Crew Member

MashaAllah this thread is funny....Alhamdulilah....

I think one of the most beneficial reason for wearing the niqaab (main reason being coming closer to Allah azza wa jall) is increasing your patience...you learn to literally swallow your anger, It's not just non-muslims that might make things hard for sisters, sometimes it's the muslims subhanaAllah

another one is the Da'wah opportunity you get when wearing niqab, there is always a question about niqab whenever I enter into a conversation with a non-muslim.....and this usually leads to me discussing Tawheed with them (Shaykh Muhammad's technique of taking the driver seat)

All praises are due to Allah azza wa jall for giving us an opportunity and guiding us to worship him...Alhamdulilah
LOG | BP | ILM SUMMIT | AHS | DL | SS | ILM WEEK|
WS | VoS | EJ | ILM SUMMIT
| TPS | EOAC | D2L
ChOC | PP | RF | ? | ?
Umm Ikhlaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #44
AbdAllahuAkbar
Ummat Muhammad

I am not a niqabi but I remember sheikh Yasir Qadhi saying in Houston for the almaghrib class
Niqab is a purification and protection for both of men and women in the greatest of ways
It can immideately solve any problem of indecency in men and women
Back then they lived in a time where every women was covered, everyone was a niqabi.
A male from boyhood to manhood would never lay eyes upon a womens face other than his mahram.
When marriage time came he looked upon her face and saw it the most BEAUTIFUL thing he had ever imagined (other than jannah). They were alhamdulilah married and no problems of today ever occured.

1.) man see so many womens faces that they compare thousands to the one they love if he marries her or not.
2.) many times he compared her to even non existent women (YES ALIENS) on billboards and computer generated women. lol how pathetic. Audhubillah
3.) He will never be satisifed with his wife no matter how kind or smart or petty she is due to his desires.
4.) Problems arise through expose to women (not gonna mention) that arent good for physical health so that if he does get married, he may not be able to satisfy her nor able to even have kids.. (dang lohawla wala quwata illa billah)
5.) Women would not have to be subjegated to only their bodies, not their knowledge f Islam or inteligence in this dunya, without niqab women everywhere are subject to their looks ONLY whether they like it or not. Even in muslim countries a muslimah who applies for college may be rejected due to her face or wear hijab compared to those who try to FLAUNT their way into college and work....

Allah (swt) has his wisdom and we should never doubt even in the most controversial of issues. They may attack our Islam, insult our men and degrade our women. But be proud and make duaa for everyone especially those who cover up because as Shk Yasir put it "You are the last believing women and if you put down the flag of feminity (hijab abaya and or niqab) then no one will pick it up and true peace in this life will be lost forever. not to mention jannah for all of us "

and yes im paraphrasing sorry i can not find my notes but feel free to continue then numbers im sure we can reach a million.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #45
filsan
Qabeelat Al-Shams

MashaAllah such a COOL thread.. and JazakAllahu khair AbdAllahuAkbar for your very beneficial post.

I am a fairly new Niqabi and I have noticed that it is most definitely a great dawah opportunity to both the muslims and non muslims..sisters who are not practising and or find it hard/difficult to change,will look at you and think 'hey if she can wear that then am sure I can pull off the hijab'..and inshaAllah might be guided because of you.

As for the non muslims they'll want to rescue you now you're oppressed which is kinda cute..(you wouldn't think they care so much!)

You develop a thicker skin quite fairly...you'll learn patience among other things.

You come close in gaining a black belt fighting with your nafs...and winning most of the time Alhamdulilah.

It sometimes helps you get a seat to sit on the tube and a few other seats for your bag...as some ppl seem to be quite intimidated/scared by a niqabi.

besides I am like a life size billboard walking advert for Islam it can not get cooler then that!

Alhamdulilah I am totally free and ONLY the slave of Allah azza wa jall!

"Yaa Musrif Al-quloob Asrif Quloobanaa Ilaa Ta'atika."

( "O director of hearts, direct our hearts to your obedience.")
filsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #46
spana3rabia

*helps you focus on your deen,

*purify your intentions

*makes you more aware of how you are perceived, so you polish your manners in trying to be extra nice to people (especially Muslim women and nonMuslim women fee sabeelillah) so they can tell the kindnesss and caring in your voice and eyes instead of seeing it on your face. It makes you a more pleasant person to be around. *Remember, if you want to influence people, you have to win their hearts first.*

*makes you more aware of the way the world works for good or for bad, and less naive.

*makes you more cautious in dealing with men especially the weirdos. There are still weirdos even when you wear niqab, gotta be careful still. niqab doesn't protect you from EVERYTHING, thats why we still need mahrams. mahrams ftw! ALhamdulillah a3la hadhi hi-ni3ma min Allah subhana wa ta 3la.Above all, we need Allah's protection from every sharr, bad thing in this world, and niqab does not make up for that, so we still need to make our morning and evening du'as and trust in Allah.

*Helps you strive for more, for excellence

*Helps you balance the inner and the outter parts of yourself.

*Makes you more confident in the sense that people are not judging you by the part of you that you have no control over, and instead people are judging you by what you DO have control over.

*motivation to become more articulate with your words to choose your words carefully. People will not like you because of the way you look. But if they like you, it will be because of sincerely who you are.

*People are more sincere with you. They don't want to talk to you becaues of the way you look, but because of the way you hold yourself, and the way you converse with them, and listen to them. Theres no double-agenda there in the superficial sense.

*You choose who gets to see your face. I said this to a nonMuslim woman check out person at the hotel. Her reaction was priceless. She was like, "I really like the way you put that!" again, words are important. Like Sheikh RIad said at ILmfest, you are a carrier of a message. So you should be able to articulate that message in the best way for people to understand. You know how in tune you are with your message, depending on how clear you are able to articulate your words or if you just fumble and mumble so your words sound like mumbo jumbo. **still fine tuning my message.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #47
Amatullah
Qabeelat Nurayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss ME! zahweee!
i have REALLY funny stories about husbands talking to the wrong person by accident because they failed to recognize which of the sisters was his wife. in one case the "talked-to" person was my sister and she merely backed up and pointed at his wife (meaning "uhh.. she's right there")

a second scenario i know of, sadly, was one i went through.. it still cracks me up to this day
we were at a sunday school BBQ and i was sitting with a fellow niqaabi on the stairs outside and out of the way of everyone charging the food line when she got up for something.. all of a sudden i see a brother (her husband) from the corner of my eye at the bottom of the stairs almost doing jumping jacks and waving his arms up in the air trying to get my attention.. as soon as i turned my head towards him, he suddenly froze and walked away.. poor bro

ok those stories were only stated for humor reasons, but the fact is, even though only the eyes show, they are usually enough to recognize someone.. not to mean you should be staring at people in the eyes, but it's only natural when that's all that's visible that you see those automatically without even trying..

also, usually your female family members will have mercy on you and instead of getting a kick out of watching you turn this way and that, they'll point themselves out to you or give you a call on the cell..

it's usually smart to set up a meeting place if you know you're in an area where lots of niqaabi sisters will be (or even sisters in general, we all tend to stick in groups so it's hard to see through)

mistakes do happen, but not often enough to be a real issue, alhamdulillah
lol that is funny. Same thing happened to me...twice in a row!

I was in the front office at our local islamic school and first the dad comes thinking i'm his daughter and just starts talking to me, i just look at him and he just stares for a few seconds and goes...SUBHANALLAH I'm so sorry!! and walks away. Literally 2 mins later, her brother comes and calls me by his sister's name and says something and then i turn towards him and he goes OMG i'm so sorry! and then the dad comes back and goes to his son, subhanAllah i did the same thing!! and they both apologize to me and I just chuckled and say it's no problem.

the funny thing is though, we're not even the same race lol, i don't know how they confused us.
yet they do not gain benefit from it nor do they give benefit out to others.”

Imam Al-Awzaa'ee rahimahullah
Amatullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:46 AM   #48
abuhanzolah
Qabeelat Badr

Niqab r cool n awesome...coz...my wife r super coool n awesome!!!!

Really...she gets prettier and fairer after putting on niqab....9 years+ n keep getting better.

Dont believe ask any niqabi's husband.

NB. The hikmah of covering the face are so many...n the best thing is that less fitan caused from your face = the more nur in your face (that is eventhough u r not so beautiful, it will still become captivating to your husband)

wallahualam
abuhanzolah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:22 AM   #49
spana3rabia

Talking Re: ~~~> why the niQaaB is sooooo CooL

Niqab is so cool, you can play peek-a-boo w/a twist with little children.

Niqab is so cool, you get ready faster. You're less late for things because of the extra time you don't need to spend on the mirror.

niqab is so cool, all you need is a stick and you look like a ninja. (and you're ready for Halloween)

Niqab is so cool, it keeps ur face warm on a cold day. (posted by weam)

Niqab is so cool, you can get ready for a wedding and not worry about passing by guys with make up on. (you can even cover the eyes when passing by if u have all the shebang on the eyes, awesome!)

Niqab is so cool, you can go to laserzone and nobody will know who you are. (posted by weam) lol imagine a bunch of niqabis at laserzone. that will be one fun and confusing game.

Niqab is so cool, if you turn red from embarrassment nobody can see. :P

Niqab is so cool, you just know who your friends are that wear Niqab.

Niqab is so cool, you can speak up and people will judge you wholely by your words. awesomeness.

Niqab is so cool, its like ur alwyas watching a movie.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #50
Stawf
Qabeelat Ansar

Quote:
Ok this is an absolute serious question, how in the world do you recognize your family or friends who are Niqabi... Is it possible?
o yes cuz sum nigabi r tall and some of dem r short!

Say: "O 'Ibadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
[Surah Zumar; 39:53]
Stawf is offline   Reply With Quote