Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Precious Provisions: Fiqh of Food and Clothing - FQH 302

Old 01-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
kako12
Qabeelat Majd

Re: Sister with no hijab but prays

get up for tahajjud and make dua for her.
Solitude is better than being in bad company, and being in good company is better than solitude. Saying what is good is better than silence, and silence is better than saying what is bad. (Mustadrak, Bayhaqi)

kako12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
iss ME! zahweee!
Qabeelat Tayybah

i wouldn't recommend that you approach her since she's a sister
i agree that you can and should make du'aa for her.. but the fact that she prays is really encouraging and a great sign of what's in her heart
and it is said about salaah that if one does it, eventually it will stop all other sins.. that's part of the blessings of the salaah itself, subhanAllah
Wheresoever you may be, Allah will bring you all together.
Indeed Allah is Able to do all things.
[2:148]
. . .
PrOuD MeMBeR of IbnFaqih's 60
iss ME! zahweee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
Asha
Ameerah, Qabeelat Haadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kako12
get up for tahajjud and make dua for her.
AND

If you see her again invite her to some halaqahs in your masjid. You are what your friends are, i used to hear this saying all the time but never really thought much of it but the thing I see it in my own life now. The person i was a couple years back and the person I am today is really the same person, i am a very motivated and active and love Allah a lot, the only thing different is my circle of God fearing sisters who motivated me to back my love with action. The sister seems really amazing to me, I know sisters who are hijabi's who arent even on her level to be honest. She has some serious potential (so do all of us) dont look down on her and help her for the sake of Allah. We all have people who have changed us for the better, Allah has opened a way for us by bringing someone into our lives be that person for her and any other struggling sister or brother.

P.S My personnal advice is never come up to someone and tell them to wear this or that or act like this and that if you dont really know them, do this by your actions. Allah only knows how they will take it. Take it from someone who has experienced this

WAllahu Alam
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
sfayyaz
Qabeelat Durbah

I agree with everyone....dua would be the best thing to do. We don't really know what kind of situation the sister is going through in her life. May Allah make it easy for her to implement the shariah dress code.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
bint_habibullah
Qabeelat Durbah

Make du'ah for her. I know a lot of sisters like this. Don't befriend her though. Shaytaan is the 3rd between a man and a woman. Sometimes sincere da'wah efforts turn into a relationship. A'oodhubillah, protect yourself before worrying about others (not saying it in a bad way, just a reminder inshaAllah).

Making sincere du'ah is the best da'wah. The fact that she prays is a good thing. Don't assume about people. She might be going through a phase. Allahu 'alam.

Nothing bothers me more than people assuming things about others. Always try to excuse people for ignorance. There is a genuine population of ignorant Muslims out there, so I'm not surprised by what you said. May Allah keep the muslims steadfast on the haqq. Ameen.

AlMaghrib Institute
Qabeelat Durbah Campus
Class of 2012 in sha Allah

What will you accomplish in 3 years?
bint_habibullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #6
iss ME! zahweee!
Qabeelat Tayybah

^ for those of you telling the questioner to befriend the sister, please be aware he is a brother
Wheresoever you may be, Allah will bring you all together.
Indeed Allah is Able to do all things.
[2:148]
. . .
PrOuD MeMBeR of IbnFaqih's 60
iss ME! zahweee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:18 PM   #7
Memoona
Qabeelat Tayybah

lol ... i didnt notice that until it was mentioned ... so i say get ur sister to befriend her

Don't do anything for the sake of people!

وَ لاَ تَتْرُكْ لَهُمْ شَيْئاً

And don't stop doing things because of them!
Memoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #8
ilmseeker
Qabeelat Nurayn

Yeah, I used to see a few sisters like this in uni too, there is no reason to talk to her or befriend her as it is no concern of your's imho. Just keep to yourself and do not befriend her or talk to her.

Bottomline: Mind your own business

As others have said, if you want to do anything, just make dua.

ilmseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #9
Naima Abdulkadir
Banu Hayl

SubhanAllah. She seems to understand the importance of salaah, so may Allah guide us and her. We should definitely make du'a that she comes around and starts to wear the hijab. Many sisters pray and are really good at heart and have good intentions but forget the importance of hijab. Also realize that some sisters just don't think of it as a 'big deal' authubillaah, may Allah protect us. Not only du'a, but also inviting her to knowledge circles should help inshaAllah. So let's make lots of dua for our sisters and for us all that Allah keeps us on the straight path. And whatever you say or do, this is a very sensitive topic for many sisters, so be as gentle as you can possibly be.
Naima Abdulkadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #10
ilmseeker
Qabeelat Nurayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanif
I think im really good at that
Alhumdulillah

ilmseeker is offline   Reply With Quote