Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Touched by an Angel: Tafseer Juz' Amma - QRN 201

Old 08-11-2004, 06:39 PM   #11
NaZiHaH

Re: 10 things to do with your Tafseer set

i have a question.

if i were to teach in a weekend islamic school and my curriculum would be Tafseer JuzAmma, how would i incorporate Touched by an Angel?

in 45 minute classes, there is no way i could just put the CD on...and i dunno if that'z an effective style of teaching.

also, this is probably late middle school, early high school age (13-16).
Old 08-12-2004, 08:00 AM   #12
Muhammad Alshareef
Founder/Director of AlMaghrib Institute, EmanRush Audio & Khutbah.com

Talking Re: 10 things to do with your Tafseer set

Quote:
Originally Posted by bintMalik
i have a question.

if i were to teach in a weekend islamic school and my curriculum would be Tafseer JuzAmma, how would i incorporate Touched by an Angel?

in 45 minute classes, there is no way i could just put the CD on...and i dunno if that'z an effective style of teaching.

also, this is probably late middle school, early high school age (13-16).
get a BOSE sound system, and play it for 15 minutes and then do the lesson.

OR, have them listen to it as homework assignment and discuss it in class.

I know a sister that did this with the Anwar Aulaqi cds and ma sha Allah the students benefitted a LOT. Because they get to use different medias and whenever you do that, you'll get more attention from the students (as opposed to just lecturing the same topic).

Other ideas? ....
Muhammad Alshareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 10:15 AM   #13
bintGH

Mashalah, this is not a study idea but I thought I would share this; my children 3-9 have made this a favorite bed time listening. Every night they ask to listen before bed, especially my 5 yr old son. Amndthey talk about it during the day. As for listening in the car, we do that too, but when we hear a point of interest or hits home for us we stop-replay-then discuss. This is just what has happened naturally. Mashallah
Also, I was supposed to start a study grp. using them here in Bos. but wasn't able to due to some unexpected circumstances, so, in the meentime I lent the set out to my friend and she left them out for husband to bring to work and listen to, and now alhamdullillah he is really getting into them, and inshallah eventually he and she will join us in our bid for Boston al-Maghrib
Old 08-13-2004, 12:37 AM   #14
Melody

Bismillah

Salaam!

Two things I wanted to mention. Last semester, some sisters had halaqas for the khulufa2 class (i know this is off topic...just wanted to mention). but unfortunately, it didn't last...how can we keep it lively? for me, i had class when they held halaqas...other than that i would have been there.

second thing...does emanrush come in cassette tapes (outdated..but so useful!) the cars i drive only have cassette tape players...and its hard to listen to in the car! other than that, i have a CD player at home or on the computer. but when your on the computer...your not really paying attention to the CD...more what your doing on the computer. and then at home...i just gotta make the time to sit down and listen!

Sorry to babble on. It happens...

Much obliged
Melody
Old 08-13-2004, 07:29 AM   #15
ummhafsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amr ibn Muhammed Gharib
yah... I was thinking about that too; could we have like an exam on tafseer Juz Amma to help us plant the knowledge in ou brains??? maybe lioke even an online course for those who havent had the chance to take it
To make it stick, you should try to make up your own questions. Believe me, it really helps.

Of course, we still need the official exam too, as our questions are only as good as our knowledge. We need the better exam as a truer measure and as a motivation.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:35 PM   #16
muslimballer123
Banu Wedad

after i finished the CD set, i listened to it again and took notes. now, i discuss these notes with my family and my high school msa. sometimes, i even bring in the CDs to the msa meetings and after we finish a surah, we share our personal reflections. this method helps us to be productive and it also allows us to apply verses of the Juz 'Amma to our own lives.
muslimballer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 06:19 PM   #17
Quratul-'ain

sis Melody, inshaAllah if you want to listen to the set in your car, you can get a cd player cassette converter thingy. I think they have them at Wal-Mart for $5. You just plug it into your portable cd player and put in the cassette.

InshaAllah im looking forward to getting my set soon =)
Old 02-12-2005, 06:21 PM   #18
Shirien
Qabeelat Durbah

wow subhanallah, i saw this thread right in time! inshallah the sisters here in louisiana are starting this sunday actually inshallah , we're gonna gather at like 1:30 at a masala, and listen to half a cd each sunday inshallah, we'll take notes, and inshallah on the dry erase board we'll post our reflections i cant wait! inshallah
As for killing time, since when is time an enemy that you should strive to kill?! Time is your breath, it is your lifetime and the moments of your life which you could fill with thousands and millions of hasanaat. It is sufficient for you to say Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah) once, and a palm tree will be planted for you in Paradise, so how many gardens have you failed to plant? How many hasanaat have you lost? (Islam QA)

w w w . b a y y i n a h . c o m / d r e a m
Shirien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:23 AM   #19
UmmIbnee

As salaamu alaikum

Where's the link to the study guide gone??? I never printed all of it!
Old 02-24-2005, 10:06 AM   #20
bintAbdulHashem

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmIbnee
As salaamu alaikum

Where's the link to the study guide gone??? I never printed all of it!
Insha'llah you'll find the link below =)

http://www.emanrush.com/study.php