Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Divine Link: Fiqh of Salah - FQH 201

Old 03-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
HiBz EsSenSe ©
Ameerah, Qabeelat Tayybah

Fiqh of Salah: Testimonials and ambiance

Fiqh of Salah: Testimonials and ambiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Alshareef
Bismillah.
One thing I have found is that when a new course comes to town, volunteers have a mini hurdle trying to get a 'feel' for a new seminar ... and this effects the enthusiasm by which they encourage others.

The hurdle that then happens is that 'after' they have attended the first weekend, they brag to their friends about how awesome the course was ... but by that time it's too late. People keep missing the train because they get pumped up 'after' the train has left the station.

So ... I would like to make the testimonials and ambiance thread in each course folder. Simply type up your testimonials and what you thought was awesome about the course. Then, those new Qabeelahs that get this course ... all they have to do is come and view this thread, reading it top to bottom, and then they will have the motivational fuel they need to believe in what they encourage people to attend... BEFORE the seminar and not after.

Bismillah ... tell us what you loved about the Fiqh of Salah seminar, and it's ambiance
...Let That Be Tha Reason...

HiBz EsSenSe © is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
Ruqayyah1
Banu Hayl

Re: Fiqh of Salah: Testimonials and ambiance

asalaam alaikum,

I am just unwinding from the first night of the seminar, and it is great, subhan'Allah. The one thing I am really appreciating is that we are not just discussing cut and dry rules. While they are included, we are also talking about how to make salah a more integral experience. Sheik Yasir is including ways to implement the teachings into making salah a internal and external spiritual connection with Allah (swt). Alhamdulilah. I need to get to sleep so I can be up bright and early for tomorrow, insha'Allah. :-) Just wanted to post my initial thoughts.

Julie
Columbus, OH
"Mental illnesses are biologically based brain disorders. They cannot be overcome through "will power" and are not related to a person's "character" or intelligence. Stigma erodes confidence that mental disorders are real, treatable health conditions."- NAMI.org

May Allah grant healing to those with mental illness. May He guide them to Him and others who can help. My Lord help us to eliminate stigma in our Ummah, to make our masjids places where people who are struggling can turn for help without feeling shamed or ridiculed. Make our masjids places where their troubles are treated with respect and seriousness. Help us to guide those among our community who are in need to therapeutic counseling, medication, and spiritual help. Ameen.
Ruqayyah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:59 AM   #3
Kaltham
Banu Hayl

Assalaamu aleeykum wa rahmatullah...

I'm thinking to myself, who ever posts their testimonial after the first Friday! To answer: only someone who is soooo eager to tell you TAKE THIS CLASS ASAP!

First Friday and I'm already feeling like I got what I wanted from this class!

The prophet salla Allahu alayhi wasallam said: "وجعلت قرة عيني في الصلاة" Salah was made the coolness of my eye. After class today I was able to understand this hadeeth just a little more!

This class is gonna be another AlMaghrib/Sh. Yaser classic insha Allah!

Fi Amaani'Laah
|||
And say to My slaves that they should (only) say those words that are the best. Verily Shaitân sows disagreements among them. Surely, Shaitân (Satan) is to man a plain enemy. (Al-Isra 17:53)
Kaltham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:59 AM   #4
Asha
Ameerah, Qabeelat Haadi

^mashAllah, how exciting! Your very special to get this class first Hayl! Let us know every detail inshaAllah.
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:19 AM   #5
Naima Abdulkadir
Banu Hayl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaltham
Assalaamu aleeykum wa rahmatullah...

I'm thinking to myself, who ever posts their testimonial after the first Friday! To answer: only someone who is soooo eager to tell you TAKE THIS CLASS ASAP!

First Friday and I'm already feeling like I got what I wanted from this class!

The prophet salla Allahu alayhi wasallam said: "وجعلت قرة عيني في الصلاة" Salah was made the coolness of my eye. After class today I was able to understand this hadeeth just a little more!

This class is gonna be another AlMaghrib/Sh. Yaser classic insha Allah!

Fi Amaani'Laah
SubhanAllah Kaltun, when it was time to pray maghrib I felt the changes in my prayer. May Allah reward this sheikh for taking the time to teach this seminar. I knew salah was important, but I had no idea how much it was to our prophet (s.w.t.). InshaAllah from now on my salah will change for the better.

Allah (s.w.t.) has said in the Holy Qur’an: "I have not created the jinn and humankind for any other purpose except that they should worship me." And this clearly tells us to worship Allah and Him alone.

The sheikh also talked about the importance of wudu and cleaning yourself in general before you pray. I've already learned and gained soo much after the first day. I can't wait to get to the end of this seminar.

For those of you who missed this seminar, all I gotta say is I am sorry because you've missed the best almaghrib seminar ....

Last edited by Naima Abdulkadir; 04-18-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Naima Abdulkadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:31 AM   #6
faiso
Banu Hayl

[QUOTE=Naima Abdulkadir]SubhanAllah Kaltun, when it was time to pray maghrib I felt the changes in my prayer. May Allah reward this sheikh for taking the time to teach this seminar. I knew salah was important, but I had no idea how much it was to our prophet (saw). InshaAllah from now on my salah will change for the better.

what do you know ukhti i felt the same thing walaahi ^_^
my connection to allah was better than ever on just a two hour class just wonder how our connection with allah (swy) will change after the two weekends. alhamdulilah all praise is for allah who brought almaghrib to me and the wonderful brothers and sisters, who are taking there time out to learn the salat. a sister of mine said "this is the class i was looking for"
i encourage all the qabilah not to let anyone miss this class.
if you want to know more about the salat, and if you are making a debate about taking it or not.
than i suggest you look very carefully at the title because the title says it all.

Salat is our Divine Link to the most high.

It is reported that Mufaddal b. Muhalhal – Allāh have mercy on him – said:
If the heretic started mentioning his bid’ah right at the beginning of the sitting, you would be on your guard and flee from him, but what he does is begin by mentioning hadīth from the Sunnah. Then, he slips his bid’ah in on you. It might then stick to your heart; but when will it leave your heart?

Ibn Battah, Al-Ibānah Al-Kubrā, 2:444.

Knowing a Man by his Moves

It is reported that Al-A’mash – Allāh have mercy on him – said:
They (the Salaf) never used to ask about [the religious condition of ] a man after knowing three things about him: where and upon whom he entered, where and with whom he walked, and the close company he kept.

Meaning: Knowing these things about a man is more than sufficient for knowing whether he is following the right path on the Sunnah or not.
faiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #7
UmmSakinah
Banu Hayl

I second what Julie said. I only got the intro of the course thus far, but even from the intro, and especially from the intro, I love this class because it is about the salah..not the typical things about salah that we are usually exposed to, but as usual, Sheikh Yaser brings to it its many aspects that we don't usually are exposed to..mashaallah.

People who think, "Fiqh Of salah, I already know what there is to know about salah." THink again. You don't. You really don't.
And at the mountains, how they are rooted and fixed firm?
And at the earth, how it is spread out?

From desert region...
UmmSakinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #8
Ibnu Ismail
Qabeelat Ittihaad

The Divine Link is a very diffrent class from anything that i have taken before. Whereas many of the Al Maghrib courses are theoretically based, DL takes you on a practical journey of understanding your Prayers. This class dissects so much of the Salaat. Everything from the Arkaan to the Shuroot to what validates,nullifies and is not good but is still valid for the Prayer is covered. Any questions that you have about the most essential act in a Muslim's life will be answered in this class.

Even the approach to the Mazaahib is unique. Sh Yaser elucidates on the opinions of the various scholars and illustrates why they chose that stance.

Needless to say Sh. Yaser Birjas is phenonemenal. Sh. Yaser quotes the ahaadith about salaat in arabic (or any other topic for that matter) without even looking at his notes. Jazakumullah Khairan Sh. Yaser for being such a versatile shaykh and benefitting us with your knowledge.

إن الفقيـه هو الفقيـه بفعلـه *** ليس الفقيه بنطقه ومقالـه
وكذا الرئيس هو الرئيس بخلقه *** ليس الرئيس بقومه ورجاله
وكذا الغني هو الغني بحالــه *** ليس الغني بملكه وبمالــه

TSP '07 >HS '07
HH '08 > TB-SR '08 > ROF '08 > ROE '08 > SS '08 US >COC '08 >TCE '08> TB-WB '08
BOC'09> DS'09> DL' 09 US> SS'09 CA> FOL'09>PP' 09>SSB' 09> DL'09CA
TEJ'10>VOS'10>TPS'10>
BP'10>TBA'10>EOC'10>DTL'10>
WS'11>PuP'11>COS'11>LOG'11>S:FOD'11>

Last edited by Ibnu Ismail; 09-25-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Ibnu Ismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #9
iMaShareef
Banu Hayl

I love this class so much because even after the first session I felt my salah improving. And that's what's so beautiful: the instant gratification of knowing how you're benefiting from this seminar.

I also love the new layout of the notebook with the "Savor the Sweetness of ___" and "Action Items" sections as well as the increased space to write notes. As if the class wasn't practical enough, these help you to understand the beauty of each section of study and make even the theoretical knowledge practical. It's easy to see how much time and effort Shaykh Yaser put into this course.

SubhanAllah, every Shaykh Yaser class is better than the last making this my favorite AlMaghrib class to date
iMaShareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:03 PM   #10
Eid Farha
Ameer, Qabeelat Ittihaad - MI

Honestly, It was all I wanted and expected and more.

If you want to increase your love of salah to levels unprecedented - this class is for you!

If you love fiqh and associated fiqh discussions - this class if for you!

If you want to perfect your salah - this class is for you!

If you want an eman rush - this class is for you!

Seriously, The connections we made between our hearts, the various positions of prayer, and Allah (swt) I have never seen before - this is an absolutely amazing course and I thank Allah for choosing me to be among the attendees.

Eid Farha is offline   Reply With Quote