Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Al-Shams

Old 03-13-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
ummiefatima
Qabeelat Al-Shams

Location: Banu Kaburga/Social Policy/ all u can eat competitor
Will YOU help YOUR sister?

Assalamu alaikum,

please read the message below, if you wish to help in anyshape or form, please email the ameerah and she will give you my contact details:

Assalamu Alaikum Dear Sisters,
I pray this meets you in good health and emaan.
My dear sisters, a sister I know personally is in need. She is a revert from South America, Bolivia and has been a Muslim for a number of years. She has suffered abuse at the hands of her husband and has given him many chances to change his ways. She has finally had enough and has left him. She is now on her own and supporting her two children single-handedly. She is a student here in the UK and thus her student visa status does not permit her to claim benefits. Her husband is not providing for the children and she is literally living day to day on the few pounds she earns through babysitting. She does not have ANY money and only buys things from the few hours of babysitting work that she does. She informed another sister I know who knows her that the only people that have been helping her is the Church! May Allah (Swt) forgive the muslimeen. Ameen.
She is in the process of divorcing her husband legally as her solicitor has informed her that this will enable her to change her legal status in the country and entitle her to certain benefits which would improve her situation immensely. As a result of this test, she has taken off her hijab, is not praying and in my opinion at possibly leaving Islam. This is a dire situation, unfortunately it is not the first situation I have come across and in addition I was in a very similar situation myself all those years ago. So many reverts are suffering with no family support network to pick up the pieces and help!
I urge you to help in any way that you can. I have compiled the following list as to ways that we can help. Please do read through it. Forward to as many as you know.
Ways to help:
1. She has lunch nursery costs for her daughter which amounts to £6 per week. If anyone can pay for this for a week, month, term that would be great insha'Allah. (She once had no money to pay for it and thus had to beg for the lunch money!)
2.. She needs much moral support! Her English is very basic. If there are any sisters who speak Spanish, excellent! She needs calls of understanding, support, and bringing her back to the deen.
3. A collection of money so that she can buy food etc.
4. A food rota which Um Musa (Shereen) will be organising insha'Allah. I would like this rota to continue for the next few months insha'Allah. So, if you can cook for her once a week for a few months, excellent insha'Allah. (Her and her children have no food allergies).
5. She is willing to work for any sisters and be paid for such work as ironing, cleaning, babysitting. This is a great way of helping her. We always have a pile of ironing which she could do and we could pay her which would help her situation. Lets support her in business insha'Allah.
6. She sometimes needs babysitting for her children whilst she works. She lives in the Peckham area. She often leaves her children with non-muslim neighbours! Where are we sisters! Where are we?!
7. If sisters could maybe take charge of say breakfast and buy her cereals, toast for a week or 2 weeks, and deliver the food items to her.
8. Her son uses nappies (size 5+). This is a huge cost and if someone could buy enough to last her that would be great insha'Allah.
9. She could do with clothes and shoes (size4-5 years and shoe size 9 for her daughter) and size 2-3 years and shoe size 6 for her son. She does not need in any toys for them.
10. As her emaan is almost a breaking point, she could also do with books, CDs to boost her emaan and bring her back to Allah (Swt). Preferably in Spanish or very basic English. It would be good if someone could give her a Qu'ran in Spanish.
She said that what she really needs is a job, and lots of support from sisters so that she can return back to the Deen inshaALLAH. She does believe in Allah (SWT) but she is doubting certain things because of all what is happening to her.

please try to help the sister as much as you can as the only help she is getting now is from the church.the sister lives in SE london so if you know anyone in that area who can help let them know..

Narrated Abu Hurairah: Allah 's Apostle sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam said,
"Treat women nicely, for a woman is created from a rib, and the most curved portion of the rib is its upper portion, so, if you should try to straighten it, it will break, but if you leave it as it is, it will remain crooked. So treat women nicely."

ummiefatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
MindMineral
QShams Logistics Teamleader

Re: Will YOU help YOUR sister?

QSHAMS Sisters, where you AT?!?
May ALLAH swt make this test easy for her.

فَإِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا

إِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا

WITH hardship, comes ease.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
MindMineral
QShams Logistics Teamleader

^ BuMP
Old 03-15-2009, 12:50 PM   #4
Rizwana
Ameerah, Qabeelat Shams

Where in SE London does she live??

Forge your relationship with the Qur'an with Sh Navaid Aziz

October 14-16th & 22nd-23rd October 2011

^
"
"""
{}
{}

BOC | TSP | TB |
LOG | BP | AHS | DL | SS | IlmWeek|
WS | VoS | EJ | TPS | EOAC | D2L
ChOC | PP | RF | HH | ?
Rizwana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
Mohammad Arshad
QShams Crew Member

Assalamu alaikum,

I have had an email from a family that would like to help the sister, may Allah accept it from them. If anyone else wishes to do so, please email me and the ameerah.

ameer[at]qshams[dot]org
ameerah[at]qshams[dot]org

Jazakum'Allah khair,
Mohammad

www.almaghrib.org/london

www.qshams.org

LONDON, UK - The Real Home of AlMaghrib
Mohammad Arshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #6
Zubair Usman
Ameer, Qabeelat Al-Shams

Me and my wife can help with the school meals for a month at least insha'allah.

Please email me. zubair at theshaikhs dot com

Those that would like to help - please post here as well as emailing the Ameer and Ameerah, your actions will encourage others insha'allah.

Remember the prophet (Sallahu alayhi wasalam) encouraged both types of charity, both openly and those in secret.

Wasalaam'alaykum
Zubair Usman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #7
Asmaa Abdul Hameed
Ummat Muhammad

Let's help our sister in whatever way we can.

Those who can't do anything, pray, make dua, tht's what you can still do for her.
Asmaa Abdul Hameed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #8
Shamaila
QShams Crew Member

subhanallah may Allah make it easy for her..sis il ring u iA

Last edited by Shamaila; 03-15-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Shamaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #9
AbuAbdurRahman
Qabeelat Al-Shams

Brother Mohammad, please reply to my email with regards to the delivery of nappies and clothing. My wife and sister-in-law can deliver in Peckham should that be necessary, inshaAllah.

Zubair - Miss you bro. Was listening to Shaykh Muhammed's ilminar and thought of you for some strange reason. See you soon inshaAllah.
AbuAbdurRahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #10
filsan
Qabeelat Al-Shams

just a reminder to all of us.........

Asalamu3laikum wa ra7matullahi wa barakathu!

As humans, we have an innate sense of morality. No matter what religion, race or colour we are, certain qualities serve as the moral standard. We admire justice, bravery, honesty and compassion. We abhor those who demonstrate treachery, cruelty or corruption. Moral standards are universal, and one of the most important aspects of Islam is adherence to high moral standards and good manners. Prophet Muhammad. May God praise him, taught Muslims to have the best manners and personal characteristics. The Prophet’s own high standard of morals and manners made him the best example for Muslims to follow. God said in the Quran:

“And verily you, O Muhammad, are on an exalted standard of character.” (Quran 68:4)

Generosity was among the countless good qualities of the Prophet Muhammad. He was the most generous of people and he used to be most generous in Ramadan.[1]

One day the Prophet Muhammad offered the prayer in the mosque and then hurriedly went to his house and returned immediately. A companion asked why he left and he replied,

“I left a piece of gold at home which was given for charity and I disliked letting it remain a night in my house, so I bought it to the mosque to distribute.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)

Our worldly possessions are bounties from God, who is Al Kareem, the Most Generous. Muslims believe that everything originates from God and everything will return to Him, thus, it is logical to behave as if that which we possess is merely a loan, something we are obligated to preserve, protect and ultimately share.

Whenever Prophet Muhammad met a miserly person, he advised him to be more generous and charitable. Ibn `Abbas said that he heard Prophet Muhammad say, “The believer is not the one who eats when his neighbour beside him is hungry,” another companion heard the Prophet say, “The believer is simple and generous, but the wicked person is deceitful and ignoble.”

Generosity Defined
Princeton University wordnet defines generosity as the willingness to give freely. Islam encourages this concept of generosity so much so that it is embedded in one of the five pillars of Islam, the obligatory charity known as Zakaat. In Arabic, the term zakaat literally means purification of the heart however; it is also the payment, from surplus money, of an obligatory charity designed by God to provide for all the needy members of the community. It is a fixed calculable amount.

There is also another form of generosity in Islam called sadaqa. Linguistically, sadaqa means truthfulness, and some scholars have described it as the heart being truthful to its Creator. Anything given generously - freely to others - with the intention of pleasing God is sadaqa. Sadaqa can be as simple as a smile, helping an elderly person with their groceries or removing objects from the road or path.

Generosity can be viewed as a wise investment in the future. Generosity or sadaqa may pave the way to Paradise because with every generous act comes great reward from God. However, being generous does not only mean giving freely from what you have in abundance. Generosity does not lie in giving away something that is no longer useful but in giving freely from the things we love or need.

Aisha (the wife of the Prophet) said, “A lady, along with her two daughters came to me asking for some alms, but she found nothing with me except one date which I gave to her and she divided it between her two daughters.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)

God tells us in the Quran that whatever we give away generously, with the intention of pleasing Him, He will replace it. God knows what is in the hearts of men.

Say: “Truly, my Lord enlarges the provision for whom He wills of His slaves, and also restricts it) for him, and whatsoever you spend of anything (in God’s Cause), He will replace it. And He is the Best of providers.” (Quran 34:39)

The Value of Generosity
The companions of Prophet Muhammad understood the value of being generous. Abdullah ibn Omar was seen in the market buying fodder for his camel on credit. One of the men queried this knowing that Abdullah had received 4000 dirhams and a blanket the previous day. It was explained that before nightfall Abdullah had distributed the money amongst the needy. He then took the blanket, threw it over his shoulder and headed home, but by the time he arrived even the blanket was gone, he had given it to a needy person.

After the death of the Prophet, the people faced great hardship due to drought. They came to Abu Bakr asking him to provide them with enough to sustain them, but he was unable to help, the treasury was empty. Just at that time, the camel caravan belonging to Uthman arrived from Damascus. It was filled with foodstuffs and other goods. The merchants gathered at Uthman’s house offering him large amounts of money for the goods; however, he turned them down saying he was prepared only to give the goods to the One from whom he would receive the greatest reward. Uthman gave all the goods to the starving people of Madinah and did not charge them. He knew that God would reward him with something far greater than money.

Even in the direst of circumstances, person who is a true believer in Almighty God is able to be generous.

The people came to the Prophet Muhammad and asked, “If someone has nothing to give, what will he do?” He said, “He should work with his hands and benefit himself and also give in charity (from what he earns).” The people further asked, “If he cannot find even that?” He replied, “He should help the needy who appeal for help.” Then the people asked, “If he cannot do that?” He replied, “Then he should perform good deeds and keep away from evil deeds and this will be regarded as charitable deeds.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)

And God says in the Quran that He will repay the generosity of a believer.

“And whatever you spend in good, it will be repaid to you in full, and you shall not be wronged.” (Quran 2:272)

God is the One who provides for us and He expects us to share generously. We are encouraged to be benevolent and unselfish with our possessions, with our time and with our exemplary behaviour towards others.

"Yaa Musrif Al-quloob Asrif Quloobanaa Ilaa Ta'atika."

( "O director of hearts, direct our hearts to your obedience.")
filsan is offline   Reply With Quote