Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Institute Main Administration > AlMaghrib Institute Discussion

Old 08-07-2004, 03:30 AM   #1
shahrukh

About Online education program

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

Assalamualaikum!

Dear Sh. Muhammad, my name is Shahrukh and I am from Bangladesh.
Recently I have come to know about the wonderful islamic education program that al maghrib institute is organizing in different parts of North America and Australia. Do you have any plan to launch an online education program? An online program would be much beneficial for people like us who are really far away from any such source of knowledge. Previously I myself studied an online course with Dr. Bilal Philips, it was very useful indeed but unfortunately Dr. Bilal had to close down the program. In that program the course materials would be uploaded as documents and each student had to take an exam and submit an assignment after studying each module. Even without any audio-visual means the course was really beneficial. So I request you to launch a similar program for us, I am not alone, some other brothers/sisters from my country also want to learn about Islam but we don't have any place to go to. We do not have many scholars like you do in your country. Also I am willing to provide any help regarding an online program if needed. Please give your kind consideration to our appeal.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:50 PM   #2
Saabirah

Re: About Online education program

Walaikum salaam wr wb!

Apni kemon achen? Welcome to the forums brother!

WAllahi I think it's great that there's brothers and sisters in BD so keen to learn the deen! Inshaa'Allah your du3aas to learn for Allah's sake will be answered. By the way how did you hear about AlMaghrib all the way from BD?

Hope to learn from your contribution to this forum; I'm sure inshaa'Allah you will benefit from the forum too.

How is the situation in Bangladesh now? Are the waters going down? What's the Muslim community like in your area?
Old 08-09-2004, 02:07 PM   #3
ummhafsa

As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

Subhanallah, just yesterday another thread made me wonder if AlMaghrib classes could be taught in Bangladesh. Vai, is there a place in Dhaka where a large group of interested students could meet, in order to take an AlMaghrib course? Dhaka University? Or some other college? Of course, if you want to have AlMaghrib there, there's some organizing to do... see this thread:

http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=2223

But inshallah, it's not too much work, if you have some friends already who are interested. Asha kori ak deen AlMaghrib Bangladesha hoba. Ameen!
Old 08-09-2004, 02:33 PM   #4
Umm Muhammad

assalaam alaikum Brother Shahrukh,

it's nice to know that there is someone in the forums who feels the same way & is in a similar situation. Just like me, Im sure u must have also heard abt lots of amazing islamic classes being offereed in the west. Unfortunately, we dont have access to them. Online classes would be great,.... but actually being there, studying in the classes is totally different experience- thats what we lack in cities like bangladesh, pakistan, Dubai etc.
I'd written earlier regarding this issue- no one replied Let me post it here-maybe someone mite read it here.
This is what id written:

''wow.. i've recently become a member of the forums, and i cant stop reading all the posts here! what can i say- i love the place already! So here goes my suggestion... how abt getting Al Maghrib to the EAST!!
...i know, it sounds out of place, but believe me,its not! We (and im speaking on behalf of many of us here) may live in a Muslim country, but we r really REALLy in need of a center like Al Maghrib. MashaAllaah, we do have lots of islamic centers in Dubai (Alhumdulillaah!), but most of them cater to Arabic speakers. Most of us only have access to short Islamic courses- or different courses at different centers/houses etc. The closest (and full fledge place) is the Islamic department in the Preston university directed by Dr Bilal Philips. But that too is in Ajman, and is not easily accessible to many potential scholars in Dubai
is there anyone here from Dubai, or close to Dubai who agrees with me?? Pleeeze write back. I've dreamt of studying in place like this for so long!i pray that it'll turn into reality one day (soon!) Anyone on my side?

how abt Pakistan? Karachi desperately needs a place like al Maghrib.. wow, a revolution can take place. Any Pakistanis in thr forums??
Old 08-10-2004, 03:22 AM   #5
shahrukh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabirah
Walaikum salaam wr wb!

Apni kemon achen? Welcome to the forums brother!

WAllahi I think it's great that there's brothers and sisters in BD so keen to learn the deen! Inshaa'Allah your du3aas to learn for Allah's sake will be answered. By the way how did you hear about AlMaghrib all the way from BD?

Hope to learn from your contribution to this forum; I'm sure inshaa'Allah you will benefit from the forum too.

How is the situation in Bangladesh now? Are the waters going down? What's the Muslim community like in your area?
Wa alaikum as salaam!

Ami Bhalo Achi, alhamdulillah. I learned about al-maghrib from the internet.

About the water, its going down alhamdulillah, but diseases are spreading in epidemic.

About the Muslim community in anywhere in BD, we may summarize the situation as follows: "Too many Muslims, little Islam".

Make Dua for us.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:52 AM   #6
Lauren

Assalaamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah,

Welcome to the forums brother! InshAllah you will learn a lot from them like we all have.

You'll be happy to know that just last night at the AlMaghrib Endowment dinner in Houston, Ustadh Muhammad mentioned he wanted to take AlMaghrib to Bangladesh before any other country in the subcontinent, inshAllah. Make lots of du'aa!
Old 02-10-2007, 04:41 AM   #7
Ilyasahmed
Ummat Muhammad

Asalamolikum,

Umm Muhammad my name is Ilyas Ahmed I'm from pakistan. I agree with you that we need a forum like Almaghrib and also online teaching coures in pakistan. I'm currenly in New Zealand and we have started online course in our islamic center from Australia.
I''ve recently joined this forum havent spent much time here though.
JazakAllahkahir
Ilyasahmed is offline   Reply With Quote