Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Falaah

Old 04-17-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
Winnie
Ummat Muhammad

Share Your Favourite Du'a

Assalamu Alaikum,

Please share with us your favourite du'a!
Next to prayer, du'a is the most important kind of worship.

Insha'allah I will will be posting some 'basics of du'a' in 4 parts, stay tuned for more!

Can't wait to see what you all have to offer!

Salaam,
Winnie
Winnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
Winnie
Ummat Muhammad

Re: Share Your Favourite Du'a

BASICS OF DU'A - PART 1

Assalamu Alaikum,

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim.

I contribute to this thread with the help of the words of Tamir Abu As-Su’ood.

May Allah (swt) guide us all in righteousness and reward everyone who contributes to educating themselves and others by visiting this thread.

After our salaat, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) described du’a or supplication as “the best form of worship” (Sunan At-Tirmithi). Why is this so? We humans only exist thanks to our Creator and Sustainer. In this dunia, we are here to serve Him and seek His happiness; we need Him, Allah (swt) does not need us. By making du’a, this shows human weakness and helplessness thus the need for our Creator. This is the basis of our acts of worship. Our Prophet (pbuh) said “Nothing is more honourable to Allah than du’a” (Sahih Al-Bukhari).

As a Muslim, we should seek refuge from Allah (swt) in all situations regardless good or bad. In times of deepest despair, when it seems that no one is around to guide us or support us, know that Allah (swt) is here for us unconditionally. He will listen to us when we feel buried by our sins, when we’ve been wronged, or when the light guiding our path has dwindled to the diameter of a dime.

What is Du’a?

Du’a is often interchangeably used with the word supplication; Arabic means “calling”. As indicated above, making du’a is to show humility and asking Allah (swt) for help; we need Him.

“When My servants ask about Me, I am indeed close to them. I listen to the prayer of every supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to My call, and believe in Me, so that they may be guided to the right way.” (Al-Baqarah: 186)

Why Make Du’a?

1) Ask Allah for blessings/favours:

“And your Lord says, ‘Call upon Me, I will answer your call.” (Ghafir: 60)

2) Ask for forgiveness for your sins/bad deeds:

“And those who, when they commit an indecency or wrong themselves, remember Allah and ask forgiveness for their sins. And who can forgive sins other an Allah? And they do not persist knowingly in what they have done.” (Ali-‘Imran: 135)

3) Ask Allah to dispel our sufferings, alleviate tragedies, and remove hardship

“And whatever good you have, it is from Allah; and when harm touches you, to Him you cry for help.” (An-Nahl: 53)

4) Seek forgiveness, mercy and peace for the deceased. The Prophet (pbuh) said: “When a human being dies, the reward for his deeds is discontinued except for three things: an ongoing charity, knowledge that people continue to benefit from, and a righteous child who continues to pray for him/her.” (Sahih Muslim)

5) Seek Allah’s protection against all sorts of evils you may face and to ask Allah to grant you all kinds of good that your heart desires.

Winnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
faisel
Ameer, Qabeelat Falaah

Nice!!!! Allah Akbar! This is going to be my fave thread!!!! What a awesome and riveting topic! Alhamdillah!

Sister Winnie: MashAllah, what a great topic! I hope we all take advantage of this thread by posting duas and learning from our fellow bros/sis on what their fave duas are!!! May Allah reward you for this noble endeavour! <-Does that count as a dua?

hehe the anticipation for part 2 is going to kill me!

EDMONTON, ALBERTA!

قبيلة الفلاح
faisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
:: Jawharah ::
Qabeelat Ruhma

My fav dua is the one in surat Taha

'Rabi Zidni 'Ilma'
My Lord increase me in knowledge
Quote:
Nice!!!! Allah Akbar! This is going to be my fave thread!!!! What a awesome and riveting topic! Alhamdillah!

Sister Winnie: MashAllah, what a great topic! I hope we all take advantage of this thread by posting duas and learning from our fellow bros/sis on what their fave duas are!!! May Allah reward you for this noble endeavour! <-Does that count as a dua?

hehe the a
nticipation for part 2 is going to kill me!
I agree, this is gona be a realy nice thread inshallah!
Failures keep you Humble,
Success keeps you Glowing,
But Only God Keeps You Going!!!

||||BRING Back RUHMA||||

No Excuses
Just results.
–Sh. Muhammad AlShareef
:: Jawharah :: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:04 PM   #5
hadeel
Ameerah, Qabeelat Falaah

Al Salaam Aleekum, Jazk Sis Winnie for creating this thread,
now i feel better for posting things in Arabic :P
Here is my Duaa...
اللهم انك سلطت علينا عدوا عليما بعيوبنا يرانا هو

وقبيله من حيث لانراهم -- اللهم آيسه منا كما آيستـه من رحمتك
وقنطه
منا كما قنطـته من عـفوك --
وباعــد بيننا وبينه كما باعـدت بينه وبين رحمتك وجنتك
... امين
Old 04-18-2009, 01:40 AM   #6
safa_709
Ummat Muhammad

اللَّهُمَّ إني أسألك من الخير كله عاجله وآجله ما علمت منه وما لم أعلم وأعوذ بك من الشر كله عاجله وآجله ما علمت منه وما لم أعلم وأسألك الجنة وما قرب إليها من قول أو عمل وأعوذ بك من النار وما قرب إليها من قول أو عمل وأسألك خير ما سألك عبدك ورسولك محمد وأعوذ بك من شر ما استعاذ منه عبدك ورسولك محمد صلى الله عليه وسلم وأسألك لذة النظر إلى وجهك والشوق إلى لقائك في غير ضراء مضرة ولا فتنة مضلة

(my crude translation)

O'Allah I ask you of all the goodness, (of now and later of what I know and what i dont know), O' Allah and I seek refuge from all harm/evil, (of now and later of what I know and what i dont know). O'Allah I ask you Paradise and all that brings me closer to it from speech or action and seek refuge from hellfire and that which brings me closer to it in speech or action. O'Allah I ask you of the best from which your slave and messenger, Muhammad (saw) has asked of you, and I seek refuge from the worst of what your slave and messenger, Muhammad (saw) has asked of you. And ya Allah I ask of the sweet pleasure to see your face, and the longing desire to meet you
safa_709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:40 AM   #7
Fouzan
Qabeelat Falaah

Assalamualaikum,

One of my favorite verse Ayatul Kursi (2:255) and Last 3 verse of Surah Al-Hashr
(59:22-24).
Fouzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
Shabab Al-Salim
Ummat Muhammad

Asslamo 'Alaykum,

Sis Winnie this is by far the koolest thread ever! JazakALLAH khair and may ALLAH reward you for all the benefit we recieve from it! ameen.
This is one of my fav du'a by Sh.Saad Al Ghamdi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM62Q11w4K4 (Part 1/2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztAAL...eature=related (Part 2/2)
Shabab Al-Salim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #9
faisel
Ameer, Qabeelat Falaah

Du’a for Laziness and Incapability

The Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) used to make a du’a: اللّهُمَّ إنِّي أعُوذُبِكَ مِن العَجزِ وَ الكَسلٍ

Transliteration: Allahumma inniy a’oothubika min al-ajzi wal-kasli
Translation: O Allah, I seek refuge in you from incapability and laziness.

Why is this du’a important? For two reasons:

• Laziness is an attribute of munafiqeen. If this wasn’t bad enough, being lazy leads to procrastination, which leads to its own set of problems.
  • It’s common these days for people to say “I can’t do it.” Like “I can’t pray at work,” or “I can’t achieve X.” The Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) would say a’oothubillah to that kind of talk. Think about it!
Action Plan:

• Memorize this du’a and make it every day in your sujood in every salaah. You have the Arabic, transliteration, and translation–you have no excuse not to do it!
  • Share your tips. What other tips and tricks do you use to overcome laziness and procrastination? Let us know in the comments!
References

Lazy Boy: A Khutbah by Muhammad Alshareef. Published by Eman Rush audio.

EDMONTON, ALBERTA!

قبيلة الفلاح
faisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #10
bayan5000
Ummat Muhammad

my all time fav dua is the last ayah of Surat Al-Baqarah:
286. Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. "Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us Forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Maula (Patron, Suppor-ter and Protector, etc.) and give us victory over the disbelieving people."

and i'm not just sayin that cuz were taking surat al-baqarah lol. There's actually alotta virtue behind readin this dua..this website explains it pretty good.. http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210527
bayan5000 is offline   Reply With Quote