Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Falaah

Old 08-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #41
faisel
Ameer, Qabeelat Falaah

Re: Share Your Favourite Du'a

InshAllah, tomorrow will mark the conclusion of the 1st week of Ramadan 2009. I hope we have all taken advantage of the time that Allah(swt) has blessed us with. One of the actions that is most loved to Allah(swt) is being in the position of sujood. It is by far the most humbling action that servant of Allah can perform. Along with sujood, we are encouraged to extend our sujoods by reciting duas, as we all know that duas are the weapons of a believer.

Our beloved Prophet(pbuh) has taught us, the ever so Merciful Creator descends to the lowest heavens during the early morning hours looking for servants of his who are asking for forgiveness. This is an optimal time to make dua. So, inshAllah lets all learn the beautiful dua below, which was recited by our father Adam(pbuh) who repented to Allah(swt) before he was sent to Earth.

Rabbana zhalamna taghfirlana wa 'allimtalana wa laqoonanna minal khaasireen.

They said: Our Lord! We have been unjust to ourselves, and if Thou forgive us not, and have (not) mercy on us, we shall certainly be of the losers.

al-A`rāf 7:23

EDMONTON, ALBERTA!

قبيلة الفلاح
faisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #42
hadeel
Ameerah, Qabeelat Falaah

Du'as for Fasting

When breaking the fast- Iftar

اللَّهُمَّ اِنِّى لَكَ صُمْتُ وَبِكَ امنْتُ [وَعَلَيْكَ تَوَكَّلْتُ] وَعَلَى رِزْقِكَ اَفْطَرْتُ

Allahumma inni laka sumtu wa bika aamantu [wa 'alayka tawakkaltu] wa 'ala rizq-ika aftarthu

O Allah! I fasted for You and I believe in You [and I put my trust in You] and I break my fast with Your sustenance
["wa 'alayka tawakkaltu" is quoted in some books of knowledge - but not all, hence it is in brackets]
[abu Dawud]

ذَهَبَ الظَّمَأُ وَ ابْتَلَّتِ الْعُرُوقُ، وَ ثَبَتَ الأجْرُ إنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ

dhahabadh-dhama'u wab-tallatil 'urūūqi, wa thabatal arju inshaAllah

The thrist is gone, the veins are moistened and the reward is confirmed, if Allah [Ta'ala] Wills
[abu Dawud 2:306]

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسأَلُكَ بِرَحْمَتِكَ الَّتِي وَسِعَتْ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ أَنْ تَغْفِرَ لِي

Allaahumma inni as’aluka birahmatika al-lati wasi'at kulli shay’in an taghfira li

O Allah, I ask You by Your mercy which envelopes all things, that You forgive me.
[a du'a that Abdullah ibn Amar (radiAllahu anhu) used to say when breaking his fast - as reported by Ibn abi Mulaykah (radiAllahu anhu)]

When someone offers you food when you are fasting and you decline

When you are invited to eat, then reply to the invitation. if you are fasting, then invoke Allah's blessings (on your host), and if you are not fasting then eat

[Muslim; 2:1054]

Upon reaching month of Rajab and Sha'ban

When the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) sighted the moon of Rajab (two months before Ramadan) he used to pray to Allah in the following words:

اَللّهُمَّ بَارِكْ لَنَا فِى رَجَبَ وَ شَعْبَانَ وَ بَلِّغْنَا رَمَضَان

Allahumma barik lana fi Rajab wa Sha'ban wa ballighna Ramadan

O Allah! Make the months of Rajab and Sha'ban blessed for us, and let us reach the month of Ramadan (i.e. prolong our life up to Ramadan, so that we may benefit from its merits and blessings)
[Narrated by at-Tabarani and Ahmad]

When you are fasting, and someone is rude to you

اِنَّيْ صَائِمٌ ، اِنِّيْ صَائمٌ

Inni sa'iimu, inni sa'iimu

I am fasting, I am fasting
[Sahih al-Bukhari, Fath al-Bari of Al-Asqalani; 4:1-3, Muslim; 2:806]

Upon Sighting of the new Moon

اللَّهُ اَكْبَرُ ، اَللَّهُمَّ اَهِلَّهُ عَلَيْنَا بِالآَمْنِ وَلاِيمَانِ ، وَالسَّلَامَةِ وَالاِسْلَامِ ، وَالتَّوْفِيقِ لِمَا تُحِبُّ رَبَّنَا وَتَرْضَى ، رَبُّنَا وَرَبُّكَ اللَّهُ

Allahu Akbar. Allahumma ahillahu 'alayna bil-amni wal-imaani, was-salaamati, wal-Islami, wat-tawfeeqi lima tuhibbu Rabbana wa tardha. Rabbuna wa RabbukAllahu

Allah is the Greatest. O Allah bring us the new moon with security and faith, with peace and in Islam, and in harmony with what our Lord Loves and what pleases Him. Our Lord and your Lord is Allah
[at-Tirmidhi 5:504, ad-Darimi 1:336]

Upon seeing the first dates of the season

اللَّهُمَّ بَارِكْ لَنَا فِي ثَمَرِنَا ، وَ بَارِكْ لَنَا فِي مَدِينَتِنَا وَ بَارِكْ لَنَا فِي صَاعِنَا ، وَبَارِكْ لَنَا فِي مُدِّنَا

Allahumma barik lana fi thamarina, wa barik lana fi madinatina, wa barik lana fi saa'ina, wa barik lana fi muddina

O Allah! Bless us in our dates, and bless us in our town, bless us in our saa' and in our Mudd'
(saa' and Mudd' are dry measures used for agricultural produce by the Arabs in the Prophet's time)
[at-Tirmidhi 5:504, ad-Darimi 1:336]

Recited at intervals of taraweeh prayers

سُبْحَانَ ذِى الْمُلْكِ وَ الْمَلَكُوْتِ سُبْحَانَ ذِى الْعِذَّْْةِ وَ الْعظْمَةِ وَ، الْهَيْبَةِ وَ الْقُدُرَةِ ، وَالْكِبْرِيَآءِ وَ الْجَبْرُتِ، سُبْحَانَ الْمَلِكِ الْحَىِّ الَّذِىْ لايُنَامُ وَ لا يَمُوُتُ، سُبُّوحٌ ، قُدُّوْسٌ، رَبُّ الْمَلَئِكَةِ وَ الرُّوُحِ لَآ اِلهَ اِلَّا اللَّهُ نَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهُ ، نَسْئَلُكَ الْجَنَّةَّ وَ نَعُوُذُ بِكَ مِنَ النّارِ

Subhana dhil Mulki wal Malakuti, Subhana dhil izzati wal aDhmati wal haybati wal Qudrati, wal kibriyaa'i wal jabaroot Subhanal Malikil hayyil ladhi, la yunaamu wa la yamūtu, Subbuhun, Quddusun, Rabbul malaa'ikati war-rooh

La ilaha illal lahu, nustugfirullahi
nas 'alukul jannati, wa na udhubika min an-naar

Glorified is the Owner of the Kingdom of the earth and the heavens; Glorified is the Possessor of Honour and Magnificence and Awe, and Power and Greatness and Omnipotence
Glorified is the Sovereign, the Living, Who does neither sleep nor die
O all Glorious, All Holy one, Our lord and the Lord of the Angels, And the soul.
There is no God but You, Forgive us, Grant us Paradise, and save us from (hell) fire.

Upon breaking the fast in someone's home

أفْطَرَ عِنْدَكُمُ الصَّائِمُونَ، وَ أَكَلَ طَعَامَكُمُ الأبْرَارُ، وَ صَلَّتْ عَلَيْكُم ُ الْمَلائِكَةُ

Aftara 'indakumus saa'imuna, wa akala ta'aamakumul-abraaru, wasallat 'alaikumul mala'ikat

May those who are fasting break their fast in your home, and may the dutiful and pious eat your food and may the angels send prayers upon you.
[abu Dawud 3:367, ibn Majah 1:556, an Nasa'i]

On Lailatul Qadr - the Night of Power

Aishah (radhiya Allahu Ta'ala anha), that she said: "O Messenger of Allah! What if I knew which night Lailatul-Qadr was, then what should I say in it?" He said 'Say

اَللَّهُمَّ اِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ ، تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي

Allahumma innaka 'affuwwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'anni' "

O Allah You are The One Who pardons greatly, and loves to pardon, so pardon me.

[at Tirmidhi]
Old 12-29-2009, 06:39 PM   #43
faisel
Ameer, Qabeelat Falaah

Assalam alaikum,

This dua is found in sura 18 verse 10. Our Noble Prophet(pbuh) encouraged us to read sura kahf every Friday.

How befitting is this dua, especially for our community!

Behold, the youths betook themselves to the Cave: they said, "Our Lord! bestow on us Mercy from Thyself, and dispose of our affair for us in the right way!"

rabbana atina min ladunka rahmatan wahayyi/ lana min amrina rashadan

EDMONTON, ALBERTA!

قبيلة الفلاح
Old 01-18-2010, 12:25 PM   #44
faisel
Ameer, Qabeelat Falaah

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ عِلْمًا نَافِعًاوَرِزْقًا طَيِّبًا وَعَمَلًا مُتَقَبَّلًا
Allaahumma Innee As’aluka ‘Ilman Naafi’an Wa Rizqan Tayyiban Wa ‘Amalan Mutaqabbalaa
“O Allaah, I ask you for knowledge that is beneficial, and for good provisions, and for deeds that are accepted.”
This Hadeeth is narrated from Umm Salamah (RA), the wife of the Prophet (SAW), and can be found in Sunan Ibn Maajah and Musnad Ahmed, and was classed as Saheeh by Shaykh Al-Albaanee (RHMTA).

EDMONTON, ALBERTA!

قبيلة الفلاح
Old 01-27-2010, 02:49 PM   #45
faisel
Ameer, Qabeelat Falaah

Times When Duas Are Accepted[font='Verdana','sans-serif'][/font]
[font='Verdana','sans-serif']
[/font]
1-Time of Rain
2-
Between athan and Iqamah
3-
Time of iftar
4-
Last third of the night
5-
Traveling
6-
When someone is sick
7-
When you make dua for your brother/sister in their absence
8-
Day of Arafat
9-
When someone is oppressed
10-
Laylat al Qadr
11-
While you're fasting
12-
During salah, specifically before the taslimah
13-Asking Allah by the Ism Al A3tham (there are two opinions of what name that is, some scholars say it is the name Hay Al Qayum or according to Ibn Al Qayyim it is Allah)

EDMONTON, ALBERTA!

قبيلة الفلاح
Old 01-31-2010, 10:11 AM   #46
Aida
Qabeelat Falaah

Allahumma, ba'id baini wa baina khatayaya kama ba'adta baina-l-mashriqi wa-l-maghrib.Allahumma, naqqim min khatayaya kama yunaqqa-ththawbu-l-abyadu mina-ddanas. Allahumma, ighsil khatayaya bil-ma'i wa-th-thalji wal-barad
“Oh Allah, separate me from my sins as You have separated the East from the West. Oh Allah, cleanse me of my transgressions as the white garment is cleansed of stains. Oh Allah, wash away my sins with ice and water and frost”.
I LOVE THIS DUA! I MAKE THIS DUA AFTER THE TAKBEER AND BEFORE READING THE FATIHA IN SALAH

Jan. 7-9 & 15-16
.·:*´¨`*:·.* Qabeelat Falaah*.·:*´¨`*:·.
Aida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:57 PM   #47
Mariyaah
Qabeelat Falaah

Mashallah Winnie, This thread is AWESOME, I can't believe I just discovered it~ Anyways my favorite Dua's vary from situation to my level of Iman, so right now my favorite is..........."Allaahumma rahmataka arju fa la takilni ila nafsi tarfata aynin wa aslih li sha'ni kullahu, laa ilaaha illa anta". “O Allah, for your mercy I hope, so do not abandon me to myself not even for a moment (as short as a glance). And correct all my affairs. There is no god worthy to be worshiped except you”. I also love the laziness dua, cuz I need it most right now but it's it's already posted above by faisal.
Mariyaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:11 AM   #48
faisel
Ameer, Qabeelat Falaah

A few of us have decided to learn 1 dua a week till ramadan, so inshAllah when Allah(swt) blesses us with this beautiful, and blessed month we would of learnt over 20 duas that we can recite while we fast!!!

dua of the week: Sura 59:10

If your intersted, email me

EDMONTON, ALBERTA!

قبيلة الفلاح
Old 04-07-2010, 04:44 AM   #49
Mar1am
Ummat Muhammad

Ohhh I like this thread! Masha Allah it's a very beneficial one! JazakhAllah Khair!!

My favourite du'aa: (2:284-286)

"284: To Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth and whether you disclose what is in your own selves or conceal it, Allah will call you to account for it. Then He forgives whom He wills and punishes whom he wills, and Allah is over all things competent.
285: The Messenger believes in what has been sent down from His Lord and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in Allah, His Angels, His Books and His Messengers. (They say) "We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers." And they say, "We hear and we obey. (We seek) Your Forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all)."
286: Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets rewarded for that (good) which he has earned and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. "Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error. Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us. Our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. And Pardon us. And Grant us Forgiveness Have Mercy on us. You are our Maula (Protector) so give us victory over the disbelieving people."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByyWuxmKMmU

"Abu Bakr did not precede you because of more fasts, prayers and dhikr. But because of something that came into his heart and settled in his consciousness" -Hasan Al-Basri

Mar1am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:21 AM   #50
Massoud
Qabeelat Majd

Assalamu Alaikum.

It was narrated that Anas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) often used to say: “Oh Turner of the hearts, make my heart steadfast in adhering to Your religion.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2140) and Ibn Maajah (3834); classed as saheeh by Al-Albani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Roman transliteration script: "Yaa muqallib al-quloob. Thabbit qalbi 'alaa deenik."

Wassalamu Alaikum.
It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said: "The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, 'Whatever I have commanded you, do it, and whatever I have forbidden you, refrain from it.'" (Sunan Ibn Majah *, vol. 1, Chapter 1, p. 73, Hadith number 1; Classed as Sahih by Hafiz Abu Tahir Zubair Ali Za'i and Sheikh Al-Albani)

* Darussalam Publishers (5 volumes, 2007), translated by Nasiruddin Khattab.

Look at how Imam Ibn Majah started his Sunan; he has shown great respect to the commands of the Prophet (peace be upon him) . . .
Massoud is offline   Reply With Quote