Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Fawz

Old 04-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
Alima
Ameerah, Qabeelat Fawz

Lightbulb IMPACT - Supporting Sisters and Brothers...

Bismillah, walhamdulillah wassalaatu wassalaamu 'ala rasoolillah.

...IMPACT... ...HERE... ...Now...

Alhamdulillah, Qabeelat Faaris has it's FIRST Project since Breach of Covenant!!!

Helping mother's who have no support...

>>>

A day out for the kids and their mothers to the Sea life centre on 16th May inshaAllah. I doubt if any of these families have ever been to such a place and gives them an opportunity to have some fun with other muslims. Also, it enables the families to meet other families in similar situations as well as other people. (e.g AlMaghrib sisters and Qabeelah members.)

What we need from YOU?

>>>

The sisters from Qabeelat Faaris who want to contribute can help with:

1) Transport and 'befriend a family' so they can get to know each other on the day and maintain regular contact including visiting the family inshaAllah.

2) Sister's who want to show support to these sisters and their children.

If you wish to contribute: Email me at: Ameerah.faaris@almaghrib.org

It's open to everyone!

The sisters are excited! Ever been to an event, they give you a leaflet and tell you put down you details? Days, months AND even years may go past and these people still need our support as we get busy and work, uni, life kicks in...

I know too many people who want something and nothing happens, because they don't take action.

It happens... So, we bring it to you and it's here, open, ready to take... Your time to contribute and want for them what we want for ourselves our families.

Deadline: May the 6th inshaAllaah.

Alima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:17 PM   #2
Alima
Ameerah, Qabeelat Fawz

Re: IMPACT - Supporting Sisters and Brothers...

Alhamdulillah, there is something for the brothers too...

Old 04-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
Nafisaa
Qabeelat Fawz

count me in,
Nafisaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
IdrisK
Qabeelat Fawz

This project sounds great alhamdulilah!! and especially as its our fist project within the Qabeelat!!

It may have already been discussed, but maybe brothers could take some of the boys out for game of football something like that epecially if their fathers arent around. Or are we leaving the children to the sisters? just a thought
IdrisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #5
Asad-Allah
Ummat Muhammad

When you say that there is something for the brothers, is that in relation to perhaps taking young lads out for some sort of sporting activity? Or even spending time with them, such as teaching them some boxing etc.. (dependant upon age though, obviously)?
Asad-Allah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:57 PM   #6
Alima
Ameerah, Qabeelat Fawz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asad-Allah
When you say that there is something for the brothers, is that in relation to perhaps taking young lads out for some sort of sporting activity? Or even spending time with them, such as teaching them some boxing etc.. (dependant upon age though, obviously)?
Yes something like what you have mentioned, inshaAllaah Br Ali will post with the full details.

Or you can use your own initiative and come up with some ideas for the young brothers.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #7
Ali Sajaad
Ameer, Qabeelat Fawz

Quote:
Asalaamu Alaykum brothers.

Alhamdulillah, this project will be the first of many to come from this qabeelat, Inshallah.

The sisters have managed to arrange their own great activities as sister Alima has outlined and we now require brothers to do the same, Inshallah.

Brothers, we need your help and support in this noble task. What we want to do is get as many of you as possible and buddy you up with some brothers in the community who need our brotherhood. Imagine this my brothers:

Imagine a situation whereby you are isolated from society for no reason whatsoever.

Imagine a situation whereby your friends have stopped contacting you and coming to visit you.

Imagine a situation whereby you are very limited in what you can do and where you can go.

Imagine a situation whereby you have not been invited to another brothers house and have stayed at home for years, just you and your family.

My dear brothers, this is in fact reality. There are brothers who will not ask, but are in need of our friendship. We are not asking for much, apart from dedication. It can be as simple as a phone call, a email, text message and visits to see the brothers now and again. Sunhanallah, you would be surprised at how much happiness a phone call can provide.

If any of the brothers are interested and feel as though you can sacrifice a very small portion of your time and if you require any further information, then please email me at asajaad@googlemail.com as soon as possible.

In terms of taking young lads out for sporting activities, then if there is a need for this (from the families) then I'm sure this can be looked into. JazakAllah khayr for the idea brother Asad-Allah.

Hope to hear from you soon brothers, Inshallah.

Walaykum Asalaam

Ali
Ali Sajaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:46 PM   #8
IdrisK
Qabeelat Fawz

Quote:
Yes thats the kind of thing i was getting at. Obvisouly if it is feasable, but i think it would be a good idea for young boys who maybe dont have a father figure around. Like Ali Sajad mentioned, depending on interest from families. We can suggest it to them and see what they think

Please sign me up Ali!!
IdrisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #9
Ali Sajaad
Ameer, Qabeelat Fawz

Excellent - JazkaAllah Khayr Idris and Solo. We will be getting stuck into this project shortly, so if anyone else is interested then please contact me asap.
Ali Sajaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #10
Ms. Baz
Qabeelat Fawz

Salaam,

SubhanAllah, this IMPACT project seems sooooooooo cooooooooool!! (yes! that IS a strange number of 'o's ...BUT FYI - the number of 'o's is DIRECTLY proportional to the level of my excitemet about this project!......is that sad!?)

Alima i cant wait for this to go ahead!

subhanAllah, may Allah reward you all for your efforts and Jazakumullahu khair to all those who are volunteering, your reward is with Allah!
Ms. Baz is offline   Reply With Quote