Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Divine Link: Fiqh of Salah - FQH 201

Old 05-27-2009, 08:20 PM   #51
Bright Star
Qabeelat Durbah

Re: Funny stories from salat

When I was younger, my whole family would go to the masjid for Taraweeh because my oldest brother would lead... Well one day during Taraweeh, my throat was really dry, so I popped a mint out of my coat pocket during salaah and ate it lol... Afterwards, my mom told me that I'm not supposed to eat or put anything in my mouth while I pray. I felt really stupid lol

No one is more patient when hearing an insult than Allah. They attribute a son to Him, yet He still gives them sustenance and health.
سبحان الله
Bright Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #52
Bright Star
Qabeelat Durbah

There was also a time during Ramadan where everyone was rushing me to go to the masjid for taraweeh, so I hurried and we got there on time. I started praying my salaah, but for some reason it just didn't feel right and I couldn't concentrate, and after a couple of rak'aat, I realized I had forgotten to make wudu. I felt like the biggest idiot ever!!!
But subhanallah, the prayer didn't even feel right!!

No one is more patient when hearing an insult than Allah. They attribute a son to Him, yet He still gives them sustenance and health.
سبحان الله
Bright Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #53
Sua'd
Ummat Muhammad

Last year i went to London to visit family, my brother took me for a walk to the parliament area, we prayed asr very close to the bridge tower, we walked further and got to buckingham palace and maghrib comes in, we decided to pray on the ground close to the palace just before the Canada gate for those of you that know the layout, my brother is leading, right after the 2nd rakah, 2 sisters join us, they had a compass,they kept on adjusting it and they turned me 180 degrees, (west) now i have my back to my imam (my brother), i didn’t know what to do?? I just finished my salah
Sua'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #54
ShujaSlam
Qabeelat Durbah

LOL thats pretty funny ^^.

Once in pakistan in sargodha, punjab about 3 years ago i was at a bazaar with my uncle and since it was now jumma time, he took me to a masjid nearby to pray.
I was in like the middle row and it was a pretty big crowd. So when the imam started salah, and after he finished saying Surah Fatihah i said Amin LOUD and seriously nooooo one else said Amin around me. I felt sort of embarssed lol. And i had no idea why they didn't say amin (that time i had no idea about this Madhabs issue lol). After the jumah salat was over and he said salaam, people nearby me loooked at me like a weird way lol. Two uncles with turbans and long big beards to the right and left to me were lookin at me in a slightly angry way tooo. I was like im sooo gettting out of heree lol.
After that i asked my uncle what was up with that he said oh its because this is a Hanafi masjid.
Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a niche wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a shining star. (This lamp is) kindled from a blessed tree, an olive neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) though no fire touched it. Light upon light. Allah guideth unto His light whom He will. And Allah speaketh to mankind in allegories, for Allah is Knower of all things. 024:035

A man once asked Abû Hurayrah – Allâh be pleased with him, ‘What is al-taqwâ?” He replied, “Have you ever taken a path filled with thorns?” The man replied, “I have.” Abû Hurayrah asked him, “What did you do?” He replied, “When I saw a thorn I would dodge it or pass over it or behind it.” Abû Hurayrah said, “That is al-taqwâ.”
Al-Baihaqî, Al-Zuhd Al-Kabîr p351.

just subhanAllah.

ShujaSlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #55
iss ME! zahweee!
Qabeelat Tayybah

^no way!
shaykh abdulbary mentioned to us that he's heard of a man breaking another man's finger in salaah because he was moving it!

some people are so illiterate of knowledge subhanAllah lol.. but whenever possible, we too should be careful to learn the ways of the land and when there's differences in issues, to just do as they do in order
to not create trouble for ourselves!
Wheresoever you may be, Allah will bring you all together.
Indeed Allah is Able to do all things.
[2:148]
. . .
PrOuD MeMBeR of IbnFaqih's 60
iss ME! zahweee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #56
Hafsa_H
Qabeelat Asad

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss ME! zahweee!
^no way!
shaykh abdulbary mentioned to us that he's heard of a man breaking another man's finger in salaah because he was moving it!
Talk about extremism!!! I assume Shaytan was with him even in during salat

I remember back when I was in high school, a couple of friends and I had just broken our fast and got up for maghrib prayer. I guess I must have been really hungry because all of a sudden, me stomach started making really LOUD growling noises... and it wouldn't stop!!! The entire time my friends and were trying really hard not to laugh! I was sooooooooooo embarrassed!!!
“What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martydom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel.”
Ibn Taymiyyah
Hafsa_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:12 PM   #57
Sister Asha Bile
Banu Hayl

One night during Ramadan..i went to tarweeh as usaual.. i went early to help clean the mosque befor the salat prayers started..anywho... tarweeh had started and people were cumin.. the mosque is in a small neighborhood which is pretty bad during night times.. so there is a man that stands outside and watches the car becuz people break in it.. anyways he said he felt lonely so he bought his cat wit him..im scared of cats so i told him that im gonna close the door just in case it cums inside.. he laughed and said okey.. i went inside and started to pray... it was in the middle of the prayer when tat white and black cat came behind me and went around for abut two times.. i was scared as a baby.. i closed my eyes.. then the cat started to sniff me.. thatz when i couldn't take it and got out of my prayer and just strated to run to the other room.. people were in there and other ladies strated to get out and run.. the cat was behind me the whole time.. went around the whole mosque and ran outside.. i seen the man laughing real hard.. i waz really mad..he took the cat and waz holding it.. i told him why he did tat.. he said sumone came in side and forgot to close the door.. so i went back inside and went to the other room and prayed in between two people.. the whole prayer i was shakin and flinching everytime i seen sumthing move from the corner of my eye.. that night was the scarest and funnies night...
Old 05-29-2009, 12:03 AM   #58
UmmSakinah
Banu Hayl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Asha Bile
One night during Ramadan..i went to tarweeh as usaual.. i went early to help clean the mosque befor the salat prayers started..anywho... tarweeh had started and people were cumin.. the mosque is in a small neighborhood which is pretty bad during night times.. so there is a man that stands outside and watches the car becuz people break in it.. anyways he said he felt lonely so he bought his cat wit him..im scared of cats so i told him that im gonna close the door just in case it cums inside.. he laughed and said okey.. i went inside and started to pray... it was in the middle of the prayer when tat white and black cat came behind me and went around for abut two times.. i was scared as a baby.. i closed my eyes.. then the cat started to sniff me.. thatz when i couldn't take it and got out of my prayer and just strated to run to the other room.. people were in there and other ladies strated to get out and run.. the cat was behind me the whole time.. went around the whole mosque and ran outside.. i seen the man laughing real hard.. i waz really mad..he took the cat and waz holding it.. i told him why he did tat.. he said sumone came in side and forgot to close the door.. so i went back inside and went to the other room and prayed in between two people.. the whole prayer i was shakin and flinching everytime i seen sumthing move from the corner of my eye.. that night was the scarest and funnies night...
mashaallah you remind me of someone very dear to me, with a cat incident too
Itti *cough*haad *cough*
And at the mountains, how they are rooted and fixed firm?
And at the earth, how it is spread out?

From desert region...
UmmSakinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:33 AM   #59
UmmSakinah
Banu Hayl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Reehab
During one of my classes at UH I needed to leave and go pray. The religions building was to far so I just decided to pray in one of the laarrrggee stairwells that we have that hardly anyone uses (in that building). So im praying...and I hear someone running down the stairs...as soon as they reach the flat part (where I was praying)...instead of walking in the open area that i was not using (like most people do) this person freeaks out and begins repeating loudly "im sorry...oh my god...im sorry...im so sorry...oh my god" over and over as they walk back up the stairs very very slowly. Poor person was scared out of their mind!
A similar thing happened to my girls...that is amazing! subhanallah....isn't it something to reflect on that the non muslims they stumble upon muslims praying and they apologize for interrupting...here is a post from my blog about what happened to my girls. My daughter even wrote an acrostic about it :P

------
Yesterday, they all had eye appointments, and since we had to play catch up with time for them to make it to their ceramics class, hubby brought them to a space near an emergency exit to pray Asr while H chose a new pair of glasses.

Apparently, while they prayed, two times, someone opened the door, and didn’t see the girls behind it, thus banging it on them.

Our resident poet wrote two acrostics (also the latest craze they’re into) about the incident.

Oh my God, it’s Oh my God!
How did she not know we were there?
My sister was smashed by the door,
You wouldn’t believe it,
Goodness gracious me, she said,
Oh I’m sorry, that’s what she said,
Door was banged on us and then we started to giggle! Oh I’m sorry, Oh I am sorry,
Hit by the door
I was soo mad,
My sister was, too!
Suddenly the woman said, “Oh, I’m very sorry!”
Oh I am very sorry! We both laughed at that remark
Right after we finished praying.
Rolling with laughter, laughing uncontrollably
You just wouldn’t believe it!

By N
And at the mountains, how they are rooted and fixed firm?
And at the earth, how it is spread out?

From desert region...
UmmSakinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:29 AM   #60
sabrun_jamilun
Qabeelat Tayybah

^^ that poem is funny. lol.. is it suppose to be "O My God O [as in owe] Him Sorry " ?
sabrun_jamilun is offline   Reply With Quote