Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Aspiring Qabaa'il > Banu Bustaan

Old 06-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #21
Abu Rumaisa
Ummat Muhammad

Re: Ways to Improve the Seminar? Likes/Dislikes/Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by khylullah
For the unregistered and guest we can have a seperate hall where they dont see the shaykh directly like video
they will not like it & will not be a motivation for one to register for the class. I recommend one hall for everyone.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #22
Anti_Shaytan
Qabeelat Durbah

Hey I liked the venue. When else can you wake up at 9:55 open the door and you're in the classroom...that's beast!

Not that I did that

I think for a second class, you guys did awesome. I really had no dislikes.

The volunteer crew was strong and active, and the Ameer was calm and cool. "The last session has to be downstairs because...umm...umm..."*scratches head* lol

p.s. What was up with that guy on Saturday doing the AlMaghrib presentation. He couldn't keep "Durbah/NJ" out of his mouth...tsk tsk
Who needs a trophy when you've been called the Jewel of AlMaghrib, you've been told you deserve a Crown, you've been called the Heart of AlMaghrib, and about you it has been said that every standard known to man has been shattered by you...but if a shiny little object makes you happy, go wild.
Anti_Shaytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #23
Owais Khan
Ummat Muhammad

are you sure the ameer was calm and cool? don't know abt that, man!...just kidding

oops! wrong acct again...hey, that's what happens when you forget to sign out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Shaytan
Hey I liked the venue. When else can you wake up at 9:55 open the door and you're in the classroom...that's beast!

Not that I did that

I think for a second class, you guys did awesome. I really had no dislikes.

The volunteer crew was strong and active, and the Ameer was calm and cool. "The last session has to be downstairs because...umm...umm..."*scratches head* lol

p.s. What was up with that guy on Saturday doing the AlMaghrib presentation. He couldn't keep "Durbah/NJ" out of his mouth...tsk tsk
Owais Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:21 PM   #24
Anti_Shaytan
Qabeelat Durbah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owais Khan
are you sure the ameer was calm and cool? don't know abt that, man!...just kidding

oops! wrong acct again...hey, that's what happens when you forget to sign out
Well he was definitely cool...and at times calm
Who needs a trophy when you've been called the Jewel of AlMaghrib, you've been told you deserve a Crown, you've been called the Heart of AlMaghrib, and about you it has been said that every standard known to man has been shattered by you...but if a shiny little object makes you happy, go wild.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #25
Adib Contractor
Ameer, Qabeelat Durbah

Quote:
what was that? guess i missed it
Adib Contractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:25 PM   #26
Anti_Shaytan
Qabeelat Durbah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adib Contractor
what was that? guess i missed it
This dude thought he was funny. Got on the mic and started rambling on about Durbah this and that...and then caught a bus and ran back home before we could confront him.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:30 PM   #27
Adib Contractor
Ameer, Qabeelat Durbah

Quote:
This dude thought he was funny. Got on the mic and started rambling on about Durbah this and that...and then caught a bus and ran back home before we could confront him.
LOL... oh that dude. he likes to talk, but he knows where it's at... after all, he's organizing a special ilminar on how Durbah rocks... more on that later
Adib Contractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #28
Aasiya Islam
Ummat Muhammad

I'm so glad the out-of-towners felt at home although we were not really able to give them that much time or attn. Yes, I would have loved to stay at the masjid as well. It reminded me of YM camps that were at the masjid.

I thought the breakfast/tea/coffee was great! JazakAllakhair for the brother who added to it, by bringing a bunch of bagels from DD
I loved the venue minus the noise issue.
Decorations were awesome
Babysitting option was great for parents whose kids actually stayed
Opportunity to pray 4 salah in the masjid (all 5 for out of towner brothers)
Shaykh Yaser Birjas' great advise for volunteers

Shaykh AbdulBary Yahya
July 9-11, 17-18 l Worcester, MA

AlMaghrib New England l The weather is about to change!
If you don't like the weather in New England, just wait a few minutes. - Mark Twain

http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=31580
Aasiya Islam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #29
Umrumaisa
Ummat Muhammad

i just wanted to say "ALLAHu AKBAR " for the team work coz shaikh mentioned during the meeting that we (volunteers) will get reward of sadaqa jariah since we r helping in establishing s base for knowledge and biidnillah ALLAH swt will rewrad us many folds..JUST KEEP THE INTENTIONS CLEAN AND WORK SOLELY FOR ALLAH'S SAKE...THATS ALL!!

P.s: Pray that by the time my daughter Rumaisa grows up she gets to be part of ALMAGHRIB too..IA
Umrumaisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #30
ibn1brahim
Qabeelat Durbah

Breakfast
Bake Sale variety
Volunteers' friendliness and approachability
Lunch preparations (pizza)
Very relaxed learning environment (I didn't feel it was warm at all..)
Seeing ma homeboys from NJ, esp. Adib al-Contractor
ibn1brahim is offline   Reply With Quote