Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Institute Main Administration > Ilm Summit

Old 08-15-2009, 10:24 PM   #21
Thirst For Knowledge
Qabeelat Mass

Re: Ilmsummit 2010 Dates

Aslam Alaikum to all Ilm Summiters. This was my first Ilm Summit and what an experience it was. After Hajj this was the MOST amaizing and spiritually moving journey ive experience. May Allah swt reward all the Sheikhs for their hours of teaching. And also to Br Haythem for his 150% commitment.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NEXT YEARS DATES ARE ALREADY RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all have to put this at the top of our wish list for this years ramadan. May Allah swt bless is many more Ilm Summit gatherings. Ameen.

JZK Sh Yasir, Ilm Summit was all about walking Islam, talking Islam, eating Islam and sleeping Islam.
Thirst For Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:25 AM   #22
Nafsul-Awwaamah
Ummat Muhammad

Shaykh Yasir,

I started tearing up in class (I received an email with the info just as lunch was ending today) when I found out it would be fewer days and fewer speakers. To think that we would spend less time together is very sad. Of course our intentions are first and foremost to attend so that we may study, learn, benefit, and spread the Deen of Allaah ('Azza wa Jal). However, there is no denying that the ukhuwwa (brother/sister-hood) is a key part of Ilm Summit. Also to know that our bubbles would be bursting a full week earlier than it did this year is another thing . We would have to mentally prepare ourselves for it 2-3 days prior. . .

But alhamdulillaah!!! In no way am I complaining, I will take anything and everything I can bi idhnillaah! Unfortunately for most of us, the after effects have not yet worn off.

I'm so excited!!! Alhamdulillaah it seems that we're all determined to be part of that *elite* 90 (may Allaah make me one of them, ameen!!!). We're all raising to the khayr .

Once again, I will attempt to thank you, though my sentiments might as well fall upon deaf ears for they will never articulate how truly grateful I, or any of us, are. For now, mad du'aa is the single greatest asset we posess. Here goes. May Allaah elevate you to the Highest Ranks of AlJannah, alFirdows alA'laa. May you sit amongst Abu Bakr As Siddeeq, Umar ibn AlKhattab, Uthman bin Affan, and Ali bin Abi Talib and the most righteous. May you feast with the Messenger of Allaah sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam and may you drink from the nearest part of the spring that flows from underneath the Almighty Throne of our Rabb. Ameen, thumma ameen. Allaahumma hadha du'aa wa minkal ijaabah, wa hadhal juhdu wa alayk attiklaan. Wa subhan Rabbil 'izzat 'amma yasifoon. Wa salaamun 'alal mursaleen. Walhamdulillaahi Rabbil 'Alameen. Wasallillahumma wa sallim wa baarik 'ala sayyidina Muhammad sal Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, wa 'ala aalihi wa sahbihi wa sallim tasleeman katheera.

(Excuse my Englibic [English + arabic] transliteration and excuse the lengthiness of this novel)

P.S. Anyone who would like to say Ameen to the above du'aa, please read it c a r e f u l l y, let it s o a k in, and then truly, and s i n c e r e l y ask Allaah for the above for all of our shuyookh, and as we learned at Ilm Summit that we should ask for the BEST, ourselves as well.
" Stop looking down upon others -
Allah might forgive them their ignorance, but might not forgive you your arrogance."
- Yasir Qadhi (hafidhahu Allaah)

Hosnaawi Nation Builder

Nafsul-Awwaamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:36 AM   #23
rana06
Qabeelat Ittihaad

SubhanAllah, Shaykh Yasir never stops working...May Allah reward you.

And y'all don't forget that it may be less time but definitely will be worth it. Less time, more intense...the game is onnnnn so keep making dua and start new habits that will make you elite not only to be accepted to Ilm Summit next year but also to be accepted to Jannah....read Quran, do your daily thikr, pray Sunnah, review your notes, spread the deen, try not to sleep after fajr..Sometimes we forget to think big..so yeah that was my quick reminder but inshallah you all will get in. May Allah ease the path of knowledge for us.
rana06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:54 AM   #24
Umair Khan
Ummat Muhammad

Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Is there any way in which people who have not attended ilm summit already be in par with people who have (in terms of chance of getting admission)?
Umair Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:09 AM   #25
Alima
Ameerah, Qabeelat Fawz

Bismillah,

So building on Br Umair's question, what does a person have to do to be accepted into IlmSummit 2010?
Alima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #26
Najeeb
Qabeelat Tayybah

That's awesome news. The fact that the dates have been finalized so early shows how much passionate our shuyookh are when it comes to teaching at IlmSummit. That definitely makes us, the students, raise our bar.

I pray to Allah that I get selected for IlmSummit 2010, be able to attend IlmSummit 2010, be able to learn the knowledge there to the fullest extent, score good grades in the exam, and be able to implement and spread the knowledge to others. Aameen.

"And strive in the cause of Allah as you ought to strive..." [AlHajj, 22:78]
Support the Students of Knowledge. http://www.IlmSummit.org
Test Your Knowledge, Take a Quiz. http://AlMaghribOPQ.IlmSummit.org
QuraanOMeter. Track your Quraan Memorization. http://QuraanOMeter.IlmSummit.org
QuranJam. Share your ultimate GEMS. http://www.QuranJam.com
Najeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:28 AM   #27
maryam rabeea

jazakumulllahu khairan to all shuyuukh for their tireless efforts. i hope and pray that Allah azzawajal blesses me to live and benefit from ilmsummit 2010. aameen.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:14 AM   #28
somailian legend
Qabeelat Haadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naima Abdulkadir
I hope the location changes to London next year. I pray that it does. I want it to be in London soo bad.
they can keep ilmweek. ilmsummit stays in the us!

somailian legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:48 AM   #29
Kaltham
Banu Hayl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu Ammaar
Salaam Alaikum

So, after the remarkable success of the last two years' of IlmSummit (and all praise is due solely to Allah), we are already planning the 'Return'.

IlmSummit 2010 will be a 9.5 day intensive, starting Friday evening, July 23rd, 2010, and finishing Sunday night, 1st of August, 2010.

There will be no external speakers; exams will be take-home; courses are being decided.

Applications will be screened; preference will be given to those who attended both IlmSummits (as they are the best suited to benefit from this ultra-intensive program).

The schedule timings will remain the same - students are coming to learn, not relax. There will be no watering down of courses - if we can't teach properly at IlmSummit then where else can we teach? Quantity of students is still be decided, but we'll start off with the target being 90. However if qualified students to apply then we can probably boost that number.

I just wanted to spread the word so that serious students can plan this into their schedule from now. Most likely the location will remain the same, but its not guaranteed.

May Allah make the next IlmSummit even better than this years!

Yasir
Jazaaka Alalh khair shaykhana for taking the time to plan the next ilmsummit for us! I can not wait for it to come again!

I think the on site exams forced us all to be smart with our time and studying... It would be nice to have something on site to make sure we study...

I'm so looking forward to IlmSummit 2010! May Allah allow us to be there; and may He allow us to reach all our goals for this year... Ameen

Fi Amaani'Laah
|||
And say to My slaves that they should (only) say those words that are the best. Verily Shaitân sows disagreements among them. Surely, Shaitân (Satan) is to man a plain enemy. (Al-Isra 17:53)
Kaltham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:20 AM   #30
Wasif

Alhamdulillah, awesome news! Announcing the dates a year in advance gives us a chance to plan our schedules from now.

Insha'Allah, I hope that I am chosen to be amongst those that will be able to attend ilmsummit next year.